Author Topic: E3 Omnibus Thread  (Read 17938 times)

Re: E3 Omnibus Thread
« Reply #45 on: June 13, 2016, 04:54:32 am »
As for EA....where do I start.

Firstly what was the point in a conference? They barely showed off anything and what they did show off was sports titles which as many people say don't need showing off as the same people buy them every year regardless.

If they had to do a conference; they should have had me plan it for them. As here's a far better structure for their conference.

1. Fade to black. Battlefield 1 trailer.

2. Andrew Wilson comes out. Plugs the Battlefield 1 stream after the show. Then intros the conference (less talk than was in the real thing). Then throws it over to Peter Moore.

3. Peter Moore intros London. Invites his friend out.

4. Guy from Fifa story comes out, intros that trailer.

5. Peter Moore talks about Fifa 17 briefly. Fifa 17 hype trailer.

6. Back to LA. Andrew Wilson says something like "Fifa looks great but what about reall football?" Madden hype trailer. (Sport done. Yay)

7. Andrew WIlson intros EA Originals. Says there will be three games shown off from the program.

8. FE revealed. Hype trailer. Gameplay trailer.

9. Game 2 (rinse and repeat)

10. Game 3 (ditto)

11. Star Wars time. Talk about support for current titles. Remind people what's in the pipeline. Introduce Amy Hennig.

12. Amy comes out and talks about the story concept for Visceral's game coming in 2018 while artwork and early game footage plays in the back.

13. Mass Effect: Andromeda talked about. Developer diary thing.

13. Titanfall 2 single player revealed. Talk about Titanfall 2. Titanfall 2 multiplayer trailer.

14. End.

I mean come on. Wouldn't that have been 100 times stronger? Less sports, more charming indy games and something of substance about Star Wars......

« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 05:46:00 am by kmacdw »

Flashback2012

« Reply #46 on: June 13, 2016, 05:34:08 am »
Non-Dudebro gamers may be sick to death of seeing those yearly EA sports games but their investors love them for being the cash cows that they are I'm sure.  ;)

« Reply #47 on: June 13, 2016, 05:47:39 am »
Non-Dudebro gamers may be sick to death of seeing those yearly EA sports games but their investors love them for being the cash cows that they are I'm sure.  ;)
I like sports and I buy Fifa very year (mind this past year I bought it very late).

However sports games are unique to me. I don't need to see trailers or have them talked about. You just buy them.

« Reply #48 on: June 13, 2016, 05:55:34 am »

Oh we know exactly why they are there, doesn't mean we still can't be annoyed that they take up the majority of EA's events lol

Plus each year they devote so much time to them, but seem to barely do much with them because it is a yearly release.  The thing nowadays is apparently adding a story to the game, which I'm sure will go swimmingly after that hilariously bad NBA2K16 one by Spike Lee lol

« Reply #49 on: June 13, 2016, 05:56:57 am »

Oh we know exactly why they are there, doesn't mean we still can't be annoyed that they take up the majority of EA's events lol

Plus each year they devote so much time to them, but seem to barely do much with them because it is a yearly release.  The thing nowadays is apparently adding a story to the game, which I'm sure will go swimmingly after that hilariously bad NBA2K16 one by Spike Lee lol
The story mode in Fight Night was good fun. And it seems similar to that.

« Reply #50 on: June 13, 2016, 06:36:26 am »
The story mode in Fight Night was good fun. And it seems similar to that.

Very well could be.  The FIFA story mode just seemed like it mirrored what was done in NBA2K16 and that's what it reminded me of.  I honestly don't care as I find most sports game to be a god awful bore and a picture perfect example of terrible franchise milking.  I'm sure those sports games would look a lot better if they came out ever two years instead of every year lol

If it's not a skateboarding game or something like NFL Blitz or NBA Jam, it's just not something I'll invest much interest in.

« Reply #51 on: June 13, 2016, 07:05:13 am »
Sekai Project had their own little E3 press conference last night.  Sekai project will be teaming up with Limited Run Games to release and localize some visual novel games for PS4 and PSVita.

I guess I'm not as much the pessimist/cynic as some of you folks.  I enjoyed the press conferences yesterday.  EA announcing that Titanfall 2 would be multiplat and has a single player campaign is great, and some of the gameplay looks pretty interesting.  I don't think they showed off much of what they are doing with the Star Wars IP, but at least they are committed to the IP.  I didn't watch the stream for Battlefield 1 and I don't really understand why everyone is losing their shit over it, but I know it has been a while since we have received a good historical shooter or a game during world war 1, so that's cool.  It's kind of interesting that they are adding a sort of story mode to the sports games, I don't think it is going to make the games any better or maintain any value, but it is interesting.  My wife thought it was cool that they are adding managers to FIFA, no idea why she thought that was cool, I even called her on that, and she just kind of shrugged.  Hella confusing.  Mass Effect Andromeda teaser looked cool, but I thought that game was coming out relatively soon, so I was expecting more info on the game.

Bethesda, as the stream was starting was going through some Bethesda Trivia, and they had a question about WET, I kind of flipped out expecting they might announce WET 2, which would've been awesome, because I love that game.  They talked about ES Legends, which sounds interesting, I know some folks who will dig that game.  They announced new DLC for Fallout 4, the Nuka Cola theme park sounds awesome.  I'm pretty hyped for the new Prey game, so seeing that trailer was cool.  Dishonored sounds like it has a much better story than I gave it credit for, so I'll need to go finish the first game to prepare for the second.  I was a big Quake/UT player in my youth so any news about either franchise is always cool to hear.  Everybody seems to be jumping on the eSports bandwagon, I'm fairly concerned this is going to be a passing fad.  No Wolfenstein news, so that's a little disappointing, but that and some other stuff guarantees BE3 for 2017.  Skyrim remastered for PS4/X1 is pretty neat, but mostly due to the addition of console mods.  We all know Todd Howard and his team are working on ES6, but we aren't going to hear a thing about it for another 2-3 years, Bethesda has long dev cycles.  My wife lost her shit and started crying when they announced VR for Fallout and Doom, so I guess I'm buying the HTC Vive, hopefully that isn't painful.

Sekai Project announcing the collab with Limited Run Games for visual novels is nifty, because I like some of the VNs they have released.  Especially if, and they probably will, they release CLANNAD for PS4.

I couldn't find much info on Kadokawa's press conference, so if someone finds info on that, let me know.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 07:35:09 am by ctracy87 »

« Reply #52 on: June 13, 2016, 12:18:07 pm »
15 Minutes till the Microsoft Event.  Microsoft's ship is basically sinking at this point with all the leaks they've had lol Dead Rising 4, the Xbox One S, Forza Horizon 3...Not sure if they have any surprises left at this point.  Oh well, should hopefully be an interesting briefing I hope since I think this is the point where Microsoft have to SERIOUSLY sell themselves hard to compete with the PS4.  They need their pop like Sony had last year.  Thankfully hearing them dropping the DVR stuff for their thing, I'm guessing this will far more game focused than all the TV stuff they were pushing before.

I couldn't find much info on Kadokawa's press conference, so if someone finds info on that, let me know.

I found this.
https://www.destructoid.com/here-s-a-roundup-of-everything-kadokawa-games-announced-at-e3-368001.phtml
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:20:14 pm by kamikazekeeg »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #53 on: June 13, 2016, 12:22:46 pm »
lets hope for a better day today

https://www.twitch.tv/xbox

i gotr up early for this shit. i went to bed at like 3am too.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

kashell

« Reply #54 on: June 13, 2016, 12:28:32 pm »
Such dedication!

« Reply #55 on: June 13, 2016, 12:28:47 pm »
lets hope for a better day today

https://www.twitch.tv/xbox

i gotr up early for this shit. i went to bed at like 3am too.

I had to hurry and do a bunch of errands early just so that I wouldn't be doing before the conferences happening in the afternoon.  There's not much downtime between the first three conferences of the day.  I'm glad Nintendo is doing their thing tomorrow lol

And right off the bat, Xbox One S reveal. Holy shit, 300 bucks for the Xbox One S?  That's an impressive price for a straight upgrade.  That's almost an enticing price for such a vast improvement.  I feel bad for anyone that bought an Xbone in the past month or so lol

Gears of War 4.  Play Anywhere initiative means it can be played on Xbox and PC with Windows 10.  October release.  Crossplay with co-op and the horde mode.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:37:26 pm by kamikazekeeg »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #56 on: June 13, 2016, 12:38:11 pm »
god damn it, just bought xbox one not that long ago too
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #57 on: June 13, 2016, 12:40:24 pm »
god damn it, just bought xbox one not that long ago too

Yeah I might feel bad when Sony does the same thing for the PS4 Neo coming up since I just bought it earlier this year lol

I lost interest with Gears back at like 2 and never finished Gears 3, but this looks kinda alright.  Nice to see Marcus make an appearance lol
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:44:28 pm by kamikazekeeg »

argyle

« Reply #58 on: June 13, 2016, 12:44:11 pm »
And right off the bat, Xbox One S reveal. Holy shit, 300 bucks for the Xbox One S?  That's an impressive price for a straight upgrade.  That's almost an enticing price for such a vast improvement.  I feel bad for anyone that bought an Xbone in the past month or so lol

Pretty sure the S isn't the upgrade model, it's just a slim One w/ a new controller. The rumor was they are announcing 2 models, the second being the upgrade that's coming out next year.
"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

« Reply #59 on: June 13, 2016, 12:45:20 pm »

Pretty sure the S isn't the upgrade model, it's just a slim One w/ a new controller. The rumor was they are announcing 2 models, the second being the upgrade that's coming out next year.

Right, that could possibly be true.  The Xbox One S does support 4k video though, so I thought that might've been it.

General Raam for Killer Instinct.

Car Pron the Game.  It's hilarious that they are pretending these people are actually playing the game lol

ReCore gameplay.  It's a third person shooter platformer kind of thing, so think like a less cartoonish Ratchet & Clank type of deal.

New Final Fantasy XV gameplay of them fighting Titan.  This one might actually be them legit playing the demo live lol
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 12:57:49 pm by kamikazekeeg »