Author Topic: How many do you consider to many games?  (Read 6163 times)

dreama1

How many do you consider to many games?
« on: June 17, 2016, 01:57:25 am »
How many do you consider to many games in ones possession?

Do you have a limit? Or does the buy/trade dynamic keep it from overflowing?

stealthrush

Re: How many do you consider to many games?
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2016, 02:07:29 am »
How many do you consider to many games in ones possession?

When you have (1) large shelf of games is too many for me. Then again, this is coming from someone who doesn't collect for the sake of collecting, rather game player first. I'm also against buying game sets for the sake of completion. Anything mediocre or less I'll trade or sell off.

desocietas

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2016, 03:13:10 am »
Too many games for me is if the bulk of the games are games I'd never play and don't have interest in playing. I try to collect only items I want to play. Doesn't have to be today or tomorrow but one day I'll play it.

For anyone else, if it's all stuff they want to play, I can't judge them for the size of their collection.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2016, 08:09:08 am »
Depends on the person. I have many games that I will never play, and have desire to. But the history behind the game, or the people that made it are interesting enough to me that I want to own a part of it.

Space is probably a limiting factor for most people. I have a dedicated game room in my house, which not everyone has, so space is not a deciding factor for me.

I would image the whole "collection" aspect will become less popular now that digital is a growing trend.

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2016, 08:23:34 am »
I've never quite understood the appeal or desire to go for a complete set for a system. It's one thing if it's a relaticely small library, but I personally know a lot of people who have or are in the process of obtaining large console libraries. There is so much crap mixed in that not only does it lower the quality of what you currently have, but it just takes up so much space!

kashell

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2016, 08:30:40 am »
How many do you consider too many games in ones possession?

Personally speaking, I only purchase a game that I plan to play or plan to replay. That number will slowly but surely increase over time because there are moments when I feel the need to discard things that no longer really "fit" in with the rest of my stuff. Space isn't an issue because the entire bonus room is dedicated to gaming stuff. And, since my partner grew up building houses and such, he can build a shelf when needed.

For other folks, I don't think there's such a thing as too much. It's their money, so if they want to use it purchase games that will just collect dust, then I'm happy as long as they're happy.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2016, 08:57:04 am by kashell »

telly

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2016, 08:44:56 am »
Like Kash, I really only buy games that I'm going to play. So my collection never really grows at a fast pace for it to be unruly. Space is also a huge limiting factor for me.
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2016, 09:05:34 am »
My normal response is there is no such thing.

But recently, there is this guy who has been posting on facebook all of the stuff he has been buying on ebay (allegedly for steal prices) and every so often he will post pictures of certain things in his collection.  Like how he owns 3 Misadventures of Tron Bonne and 12 copies of Symphony of the Night... for no reason.  When asked why he does it, his response is that he can't turn away these awesome deals he gets for the games.

When you own multiple copies of a single game for absolutely no reason, that's too many games.

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2016, 09:53:51 am »
If you're buying enough games that you can't pay your bills.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2016, 10:15:23 am »
I thought Too Many Games was just a convention in the Philly area

tripredacus

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2016, 10:15:54 am »
Or if you can't put them somewhere other than in storage.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: June 17, 2016, 10:17:01 am »
If I ever have more than flea I'll probably stop.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: June 17, 2016, 12:53:43 pm »
You come to this site and ask that question? lol. That's like going to a crackhouse and asking how much crack is too much.

kashell

« Reply #13 on: June 17, 2016, 02:07:09 pm »
You see it that way?

doafan

« Reply #14 on: June 17, 2016, 02:23:51 pm »
There is not such thing in quantity but if I decide to purchase some games instead of purchasing food or something that my daughters/wife needs then this is when they are to many, for example right now I got a couple of extra bucks at my wallet and even when I want two titles (but I don't really need them) and can afford to purchase them I prefer to keep the money in case of any emergency.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy