Author Topic: Do you lend your games?  (Read 7968 times)

Warmsignal

Re: Do you lend your games?
« Reply #30 on: June 21, 2016, 11:02:17 am »
Lending a game is a surefire way of getting rid of it. I mean you could throw it out onto the highway, or you could lend it to a so-called friend. Either way.

No, I don't.

rayne315

« Reply #31 on: June 21, 2016, 02:53:52 pm »
anyone borrowing anything must return it in exactly the same condtion or it will have to be replaced no matter how much it cost.
What if they tell you to fuck off?

lol I don't know about you guys but I would have zero problem calling the police if it never showed back up to me. obviously the person who borrowed it wouldn't care that much about you to lose your friendship, why should I care about calling the cops on a thief?

That's why I take collateral. if they don't give the game back I sell the collateral Item and buy the same game and potentially another one.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

wartoy

PRO Supporter

« Reply #32 on: June 21, 2016, 07:06:47 pm »
well no one has ever told me to fuck off yet. i only let people i trust completely borrow my games they know me i know them but more importantly i know where thay live. i only lend games to someone who's friendship i value as much as thay value mine.

sworddude

« Reply #33 on: June 22, 2016, 02:21:06 pm »

Keep it classy guys It's not a zombie apocalypse or a warzone, were civilized people not serial killers  ::)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2016, 02:31:55 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

gf78

« Reply #34 on: June 22, 2016, 02:56:21 pm »
That is so damn disgusting.

I can just picture your face as you typed that.   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

gf78

« Reply #35 on: June 22, 2016, 03:01:23 pm »
I don't lend shit to anyone.  Guaranteed they won't take as much care of it as I do for one, and two you probably will never see it again.  I don't even let my wife or kids handle my stuff. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

kashell

« Reply #36 on: June 22, 2016, 03:16:42 pm »
That is so damn disgusting.

I can just picture your face as you typed that.   :P

Hopefully it was blemish free.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #37 on: June 22, 2016, 03:21:27 pm »
I'll loan our newer stuff.  It can be replaced easy enough.

I tend to give older stuff away, if it's not too pricey.  I'll find another one for cheap-ish. 
Story Time!  Not too long ago a buddy broke out his old NES.  He was really talking up about how he loved this one game where you were a little dude in a maze and you dropped bombs.  I brought him a copy of Bomberman out of my trade pile.  Jiminy Christmas!  Was he ever excited. 

anagar

« Reply #38 on: June 22, 2016, 07:11:14 pm »
I used to when I was younger. Now I just lend stuff to my sister and my boyfriend. My sis could care less about stuff that isn't hers so we have a rule where the case stays on the shelf and only I handle the disk so, when she's done it get it out of the system. Seriously when I found a disk crammed between the wall and dresser and that she was using a case as a coaster I was like nope never again. My BF on the other hand has lost games (not mine thank god) and cases (unfortunately mine) but has started becoming somewhat of a collector so hes gotten better.
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

sworddude

« Reply #39 on: June 24, 2016, 05:59:45 pm »
I used to when I was younger. Now I just lend stuff to my sister and my boyfriend. My sis could care less about stuff that isn't hers so we have a rule where the case stays on the shelf and only I handle the disk so, when she's done it get it out of the system. Seriously when I found a disk crammed between the wall and dresser and that she was using a case as a coaster I was like nope never again. My BF on the other hand has lost games (not mine thank god) and cases (unfortunately mine) but has started becoming somewhat of a collector so hes gotten better.

Just being curious but did your brother by any chance lost some of your gamecube game cases?

I'm saying this because I usually don't see to many people with a disc only copy of fire emblem path of radiance or skies of arcadia

Your Stylish Sword Master!

davifus

« Reply #40 on: June 24, 2016, 09:08:29 pm »
The last time I lend a game out. It took weeks of nagging and only got a scratched up disc without the case and manual. Apparently, a different friend took it saying it was theirs.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #41 on: June 25, 2016, 04:22:46 am »
Rarely, and only to my best friend.

ffxik

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2016, 04:32:19 pm »
Depends on who it is really.  I lent my entire PS1 Final Fantasy collection to my mother-in-law 4 or so years ago.  I know where they are, I know they are being taken care of so I don't have a problem lending her games.

I will my brother too, but that is after he and I got into it because I loaned him Final Fantasy Anthology and Chronicles.  A friend of his convinced him to loan them to him and "the friend" denies it ever happened.  Note this person used to be a friend of mine too, until I caught him stealing from me.  So there is a rule, no matter who it is, don't loan them to anybody else, period.  Other than that one incident he's been really good with them.

Anybody else, hell no.  I used too.  Lost a few games and had some that were worth quite a bit at the time get really beat up.  I didn't realize they were worth anything at the time. That one is on me though.

anagar

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2016, 07:28:33 pm »
Just being curious but did your brother by any chance lost some of your gamecube game cases?
I'm saying this because I usually don't see to many people with a disc only copy of fire emblem path of radiance or skies of arcadia

Nah they didn't lose them. I picked them both up at GameStop right when they stopped selling GC games. I had seen them the day before with the cases but when I went back the next day they threw out the cases and I had to ask if they still had GC games and they did in the yellow envelopes.
PSN,Wii U/NID:ANA_GAR XBL:ANAGARXB 3DS/FC:4441-9981-8329

« Reply #44 on: June 28, 2016, 11:45:27 am »
I usually dont let people borrow my games unless its my brothers because they collect too so they keep their stuff mint.  Because I am extremely OCD with scratches on discs. I don't want them to get ruined. I let my uncle borrow a game once and he beat it up and it got coffee rings on the case because he used it as a coaster. and i let him borrow a 360 game when 360 was current gen and he sold it lol. Now I am very careful. My Uncle is on the borrowing stuff blacklist now  :D