Author Topic: July 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 22731 times)

desocietas

Re: July 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: July 10, 2016, 02:14:19 pm »
I've never seen that chest before! Nice work, theflea!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #76 on: July 10, 2016, 04:38:03 pm »
That's a really cool chest, it's a great find (and yes i'm a bit jealous too :P).

I've got a few things from a garage sale this morning:

PC
First i found a lot of 5 big box for 5€ (so 1€ each):

Dark Earth (CIB) (there is nothing to hide but still i preferred to cover the woman chest on the photo, i find it a bit too much)
Hidden & Dangerous (CIB)
Megarace 2 (CIB)
The Longest Journey (CIB) a big box for one of my favorite game... and now i have five different version of that game, i hate myself  :-\
Warcraft II: Tides of Darkness (CIB) (a "limited version", let just call it a demo, was also inside. It have is own box and barcode, and apparently contain a few levels created exclusively for that version, i have to test that)

And he also had two other pc games for 0,50€ each:
Legion (CIB)
Le Seigneur des Anneaux: La Guerre de L'anneau (LOTR: War of the Ring) (no manual)

PS2
The Sopranos: Road to Respect (CIB - 1€)

And for free with it i got a DVD Player version 2.10 for PS2, i didn't what it was but apparently it was just used to update the DVD player.

I've also found a few CD but nothing based on games (1€ for the three) and the Record of Lodoss War: The Legend of Crystania on VHS for free (i already own it on DVD, i try to get rid of the few VHS i still own and yet i still took them ::))

« Last Edit: July 10, 2016, 04:40:27 pm by metshael »

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #77 on: July 10, 2016, 08:39:40 pm »
Fighterpilot gave me a chest like that. I use it to store all of my controllers. I like the ColecoVision haul! Hope it all works!

Spent the last week camping in a mountain full of redwoods. On the way back we stopped at a game store we'd never been to before and I picked up all this stuff...

Sega Saturn
Spot Goes to Hollywood (CIB)

PS3
Lost (sealed)
FF XIII Guidebook

GBA
LEGO Knights Kingdom

SNES
Super Return of the Jedi

N64
Memory Expansion
Game Shark

Genesis
6 button arcade stick (x2)

Looked it all up on eBay afterwards to price compare.

I saved $45 off what it would have cost me to get all the above from eBay.

gf78

« Reply #78 on: July 10, 2016, 10:21:52 pm »
Some new additions...if I can remember everything!   :P

Xbox
Azurik Rise of Perathia
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Battlefront II

Xbox 360
Turtle Beach Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 7.1 headset in case (free, not sure if it works yet)

Xbox One
Stereo Headset Adapter (so I can use any headset and adjust the volume on the controller)
Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller
Song of the Deep Collector's Edition (I'm picking it up tomorrow)
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

pacpix

« Reply #79 on: July 10, 2016, 11:49:25 pm »
Damn that Colecovision haul is sweet Flea!
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

soera

« Reply #80 on: July 11, 2016, 12:22:20 am »
Some new additions...if I can remember everything!   :P

Xbox
Azurik Rise of Perathia
Star Wars Battlefront
Star Wars Battlefront II

Xbox 360
Turtle Beach Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 7.1 headset in case (free, not sure if it works yet)

Xbox One
Stereo Headset Adapter (so I can use any headset and adjust the volume on the controller)
Xbox One Elite Wireless Controller
Song of the Deep Collector's Edition (I'm picking it up tomorrow)

« Reply #81 on: July 11, 2016, 08:27:33 am »
Salty Soera, Captain of the Seven Seas.

gf78

« Reply #82 on: July 11, 2016, 08:54:42 am »

LOL.  Soera should look at it this way.  Every guy loves Rosie & her five sisters.  But every now and then, you need a little strange.  That's all this Xbox thing is.   :P
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

soera

« Reply #83 on: July 11, 2016, 09:06:05 am »

LOL.  Soera should look at it this way.  Every guy loves Rosie & her five sisters.  But every now and then, you need a little strange.  That's all this Xbox thing is.   :P

Lol I love the strange. I live a polyamorous life style anyhow. But Xbox one is the kind of strange that you get once and you are done! :)

« Reply #84 on: July 11, 2016, 09:12:36 am »

Lol I love the strange. I live a polyamorous life style anyhow. But Xbox one is the kind of strange that you get once and you are done! :)
You make it sound like an STD.

gf78

« Reply #85 on: July 11, 2016, 10:02:07 am »

I don't know what it is.  I can't put my finger on it.  but man, I have always loved me some Halo!  Having no experience with Halo 5's multiplayer and knowing zero of the layout of the maps, I've been averaging 12 kills per match on my first day playing.  This series has always just clicked with me.  This also transferred over to Destiny (also by Bungie) where when I was really invested in it, I was in the top 2-3 every match across both teams.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #86 on: July 11, 2016, 08:40:23 pm »
got XeoDrifter on PS4 from Limited Run Games.

necrosexual

« Reply #87 on: July 11, 2016, 09:15:26 pm »
went into a goodwill today to dick around
didn't expect to find an og xbox sitting around in there.
$15, no controller, but ayyy lmao, those aren't hard to come across. they had a beat up 360 controller for $5, but w/e.

IT WORKS.
happy birthday to me from goodwill i guess lmao. been wanting one of these fucks for a while. i remember in 2002 when my brother got one and it was like THE SHIT, it was the first console i'd ever seen and was like woaaaaaa that shit looks soooo cooool. i don't give a fuck what anyone says, the og xbox has a cool as shit console design. it's badass. i remember when we got it it was like... WE AIN'T A NINTENDO KIDDY BOX. (lmao that said, i got a gamecube, then later a ps2)
i got about 2 hrs of halo playtime (i was really struggling with dual sticks then) and about 1.5 hrs of blinx back then before my brother whisked it away into his cave, never to be seen again except very short glimpses from the doorway. i heard it plenty tho... maybe got an additional 3 hrs total of JSRF, so i want that back too FOR SURE. in fact, that's why i wanted one like a plague.
anyway, i remember being blown away from it back then... i was sorely disappointed in ps1 and n64's graphics. but the xbox blew my goddamn mind. first of the 6th gen consoles i got to see in action. that neon green was unlike anything before it, and it just... gahhh. booting this fucker back up really brought back some good feelings, man. there i was, adamantly blowing off the n64 and still playing yoshi's island and super mario rpg and shit, then that fucking comes into our house with its neon lighting effects and what felt like near flawless graphics... i was 8? 9? either way, i was shitting a brick.

not so much now i'd bet but i now have all that gen's consoles, so that's neato as fuck. i'm $-4.32 levels of broke now, but ayyy lmao, i get paid in two days so w/e w/e.

now to get my hands on a copy of blinx the time sweeper and a controller. yessss. better run off and go beg anon image boards for their lists of hidden gems.

...oh and i got a job at gamestop today too. i'm just looking for managerial positions then i'll swoop in and stop being a low-end min wage sack of shit everywhere.

i also put down a preorder for 7th dragon iii code the other day, i just didn't mention it. i'll grab it wednesday.

expect me back in here in the next few days, tho. i plan to go blow my load locally since this pay cheque, i get to blow the whole lot on whatever i want.
i've already nailed some purchases down in the near future, just gotta wait to get my cash then i'll do it.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 09:27:25 pm by necrosexual »

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

gf78

« Reply #88 on: July 12, 2016, 09:05:25 am »
Three more for the old 'bone!

Song of the Deep Collector's Edition
Forza Motorsport 5
Life is Strange

« Reply #89 on: July 12, 2016, 09:17:44 am »
Three more for the old 'bone!

Song of the Deep Collector's Edition
Forza Motorsport 5
Life is Strange
Song of the Deep was on PS4, no?

Look at this Soera, non-exclusive titles on X1.