Author Topic: Pokemon go  (Read 15833 times)

tripredacus

Re: Pokemon go
« Reply #105 on: July 28, 2016, 06:55:49 pm »
Tied a long shoe string to my iphone 5s otterbox, by the charger, there is a a loose piece of rubber you can easily tie one end too. taped the other end to my ceiling fan, so far seems to be working for eggs. Will report back in a bit to see how far it goes.

lmao..... you sir are cheating... I like it! ive heard of people putting them in the back of an rc-car and running it around, or putting them in quad copters, but yours seems like the cheapest method. keep me informed I have a full inventory of eggs that need attention.

I am working on the best method. On Android, in developer options, disable screen sleep when plugged in. Plug in phone to car. Open app, then drive around.

This has some shortfalls, mainly, overheating. I had an idea to buy a small ice pack and put it inside of something and put the phone on top. That should solve it!  ;D

davifus

« Reply #106 on: July 29, 2016, 01:02:57 am »
The things you guys do to hatch eggs.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #107 on: July 29, 2016, 02:34:53 am »
The things you guys do to hatch eggs.

Yeah some of this is too goofy lol I've just started going downtown and walking around.  I was just walking around this park next to the harbor, but friend showed me a nice circuit into downtown and back to the park which is around 2.5km each go around I believe.

« Reply #108 on: July 29, 2016, 08:32:54 am »
Tied a long shoe string to my iphone 5s otterbox, by the charger, there is a a loose piece of rubber you can easily tie one end too. taped the other end to my ceiling fan, so far seems to be working for eggs. Will report back in a bit to see how far it goes.

lmao..... you sir are cheating... I like it! ive heard of people putting them in the back of an rc-car and running it around, or putting them in quad copters, but yours seems like the cheapest method. keep me informed I have a full inventory of eggs that need attention.

I am working on the best method. On Android, in developer options, disable screen sleep when plugged in. Plug in phone to car. Open app, then drive around.

This has some shortfalls, mainly, overheating. I had an idea to buy a small ice pack and put it inside of something and put the phone on top. That should solve it!  ;D
This only works if you are consistently driving under 20 mph.

rayne315

« Reply #109 on: July 29, 2016, 09:23:54 am »

please don't pokego and drive.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #110 on: July 29, 2016, 11:19:08 am »
I take The Boy down Main St in our town a time or two a week.  It's narrow, slow, and has a 8-10 Pokestops on it.  It helps with hatching eggs.

tripredacus

« Reply #111 on: July 29, 2016, 11:24:02 am »

This only works if you are consistently driving under 20 mph.

Well every little bit helps. I'm not too worried about it. I'm not using my phone while driving anyways.

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #112 on: July 29, 2016, 11:47:37 am »

please don't pokego and drive.

When we go poke hunting with the car. the driver focuses on the road, and the passenger holds his phone and does double duty and tries to work both phones. can be a PITA when your are trying to hit poke stops with both phones when you are driving on a main road/street doing 40.

Last night, it was my best friend, my other close friend, his little sister and I all in the car lol. we hit the mall and i finally caught a pikachu, along with a bunch of other stuff. 2 pokestops next to each other had lures, so i dropped a lucky egg and incense.
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

telly

« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2016, 02:06:36 pm »
I usually always play when I'm walking to work, I find that just by doing that I can hatch a lot of eggs pretty quickly!
Currently Playing:
Persona 4 Golden (Switch), The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D (3DS)

My music collection | My Backloggery

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #114 on: August 16, 2016, 12:21:35 pm »
I need a freakin weezing, but there doesnt seem to be a damn koffing nest anywhere in So cal.

1049-2600-8730

rayne315

« Reply #115 on: August 16, 2016, 12:35:34 pm »
I need a freakin weezing, but there doesnt seem to be a damn koffing nest anywhere in So cal.

you gotta hatch them then. I'm in the same predicament with vulpix. I have 4 of them 2 hatched and 2 caught in random spawns. I just need 10 more candy to evolve my 100% IV vulpix into one of the only pokemon I care about.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #116 on: August 16, 2016, 12:38:32 pm »

you gotta hatch them then. I'm in the same predicament with vulpix. I have 4 of them 2 hatched and 2 caught in random spawns. I just need 10 more candy to evolve my 100% IV vulpix into one of the only pokemon I care about.

vulpix spawn pretty regularly here, not sure where a nest is, but between my house, local mall and santa monica pier, i managed to catch enough

fly out here a week and we can hangout and play lol

1049-2600-8730

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #117 on: August 17, 2016, 08:37:00 pm »
Well I have them all. And since I only really know gen 1. I'm pretty much done with it. Loo

1049-2600-8730

tripredacus

« Reply #118 on: August 17, 2016, 08:40:05 pm »
Did you get the 3 international ones from eggs as well?

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #119 on: August 17, 2016, 08:44:49 pm »
Did you get the 3 international ones from eggs as well?

I heard different things on that. Some claim you can't get other region Pokémon in eggs. Some claim you can. Haven't seen anything full proof. But I didn't look very hard.

Though I read ppl are sticking eggs in gyms now

1049-2600-8730