Author Topic: Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxter?  (Read 1283 times)

Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxter?
« on: July 12, 2016, 09:47:58 pm »
2 of the best Sony franchises ever. Which do you like better? ;D

Re: Ratchet and Clank or Jak and Daxter?
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2016, 10:57:34 pm »
I never really got into Ratchet & Clank, but I loved the first Jak & Daxter...Then Jak & Daxter became Ratchet & Clank lol I know that they weren't copying Ratchet, the timeline doesn't work out that way, but they went in a similar direction that didn't interest me too much at the time by adding guns and other stuff to it.  Maybe they did kinda get inspiration and ideas since they were both from Sony focused companies.

Not that Ratchet or the next Jak games were bad, but what Precursor Legacy was, it felt like it was at the end of those type of 3D Platformers that were prominent back in the PS1 and N64 days.  Super Mario Sunshine would probably be more at the proper tail end of it around 2002 and I'm sure there are a few others to fit in there too that I'm forgetting, but we just stopped seeing stuff more like that, which is nice we are getting somewhat of a resurgence with A Hat in Time and Yooka-Laylee.

« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2016, 03:19:44 am »
Sly Cooper!

indenton

« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2016, 08:03:53 am »
I enjoy Ratchet & Clank a lot more than the original Jak & Daxter (I've never heard anything good about the next Jak & Daxter games). 

azure

« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2016, 01:49:57 pm »
Croc: Legend of the Gobbos.

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: July 13, 2016, 02:46:22 pm »
I prefer Ratchet & Clank, but my favorite Sony exclusive franchises are Ape Escape and Medievil
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

telly

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2016, 11:10:03 pm »
I played the first Jak and Daxter forever ago, and I forget pretty much everything about it. On the other hand I've played the second and third Ratchet & Clanks to death and have really fond memories of both of them: they're excellent games. :) My plan is to give Jak II a try once I'm done the first R&C.
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

Warmsignal

« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2016, 04:11:27 pm »
I like Jak. Never really played Ratchet... mostly because the subtitles of the games sounded so stupid I assumed the game would probably be annoying as well, humor wise.

The first Jak and Daxter is my favorite PS2 game. A really great modern platforming experience. The following Jak games took on a open world GTA approach, which I wasn't too thrilled with.

« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2016, 04:22:59 pm »
I like Jak. Never really played Ratchet... mostly because the subtitles of the games sounded so stupid I assumed the game would probably be annoying as well, humor wise.

The first Jak and Daxter is my favorite PS2 game. A really great modern platforming experience. The following Jak games took on a open world GTA approach, which I wasn't too thrilled with.

Yeah I never understood the drastic shift in tone.  You take a silent, colorful, hero, and turn him into an edge lord...but still keep his wise cracking sidekick.  Then add guns and GTA open world and I don't even know.  I've been meaning to go back and give those two games a fair shot someday as I'm sure they are both fine games, but it's like if they made a Sonic game and then gave him a gun...oh...

« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2016, 12:23:47 pm »
I prefer Jak and Daxter to the PS2 Ratchet games, but I like the PS3 Ratchet games the most.

« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2016, 04:19:06 pm »
Ratchet and Clank