Author Topic: Mini NES Classic Ediiton  (Read 16541 times)

Re: Mini NES Classic Ediiton
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2016, 05:29:23 am »
I agree that the mini Nes is for the target people like you mentioned however at least in my country it seems that only collectors get these consoles. however you think that these normal people pay those insane prices and not collectors for the sake of another collectible?

From my experience in being in retail for over a decade, yes. I've seen many grown adults brake down into full-blown temper tantrums or go red with rage over our store being out of an item during the holidays.  After the fit subsides, they'll get panicky and desperate. People will wind up spending or doing as much as it takes to make sure that item makes it under the tree. It's like a real life version of the movie Jingle All The Way.

Also, for another group of people, they're willing to spend the big bucks just so that they can be one of the first to have it. To them, it doesn't matter that supply will catch up with demand or the item will be worthless after a while; All that matters is hat they have it and others don't yet.

sworddude

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2016, 07:00:57 am »
I agree that the mini Nes is for the target people like you mentioned however at least in my country it seems that only collectors get these consoles. however you think that these normal people pay those insane prices and not collectors for the sake of another collectible?

From my experience in being in retail for over a decade, yes. I've seen many grown adults brake down into full-blown temper tantrums or go red with rage over our store being out of an item during the holidays.  After the fit subsides, they'll get panicky and desperate. People will wind up spending or doing as much as it takes to make sure that item makes it under the tree. It's like a real life version of the movie Jingle All The Way.

Also, for another group of people, they're willing to spend the big bucks just so that they can be one of the first to have it. To them, it doesn't matter that supply will catch up with demand or the item will be worthless after a while; All that matters is hat they have it and others don't yet.

Interesting, I can imagine with for example concert tickets etc wich i have seen but for regular people to go on a rampage for a mini Nes. I do get that certain people want certain things right now even though value might decrease but not for this. Unexpected they must have advertised it pretty well for the regular people to actually know about this.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

telly

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2016, 11:40:06 am »
My local game store had a makeshift sign on the door that said "No, we do not have the NES Classic Edition"

Made me lol. It sucks people are having such a hard time finding it though. :(
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

« Reply #78 on: November 14, 2016, 01:38:15 pm »
Unexpected they must have advertised it pretty well for the regular people to actually know about this.

I live in a town of only 20,000, yet the amount of people asking (call or in person) on launch day was in the triple digits.

« Reply #79 on: November 14, 2016, 04:00:09 pm »
The Amazon page is getting buried in 1 star reviews because of the low stock, website crash, and seemingly subsequent price gouging afterwards from reseller scum.

doafan

« Reply #80 on: November 14, 2016, 04:29:25 pm »
Things are getting nuts, I gave GameSpot a call this morning cause needed a price and the first thing that the person who took my call was: We remind to all our costumers that we still don't have the Mini Nes available neither a date of the new shipment  ???

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

desocietas

« Reply #81 on: November 14, 2016, 04:47:36 pm »
Things are getting nuts, I gave GameSpot a call this morning cause needed a price and the first thing that the person who took my call was: We remind to all our costumers that we still don't have the Mini Nes available neither a date of the new shipment  ???

Haha, yup, my bf works at GameStop and his manager told him that he could start answering the phone with a little message about how they don't have any Mini NESes. A lot of folks respond with, "Oh... you just answered my question."
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

rayne315

« Reply #82 on: November 14, 2016, 05:32:07 pm »

Haha, yup, my bf works at GameStop and his manager told him that he could start answering the phone with a little message about how they don't have any Mini NESes. A lot of folks respond with, "Oh... you just answered my question."

doesn't surprise me at all. a lot of people were looking forward to it.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

desocietas

« Reply #83 on: November 14, 2016, 05:53:35 pm »

doesn't surprise me at all. a lot of people were looking forward to it.

I'm really hoping they put out a decent supply for the holidays. Two people asked me that evening if I could help them get one. I probably could've tried, at least, had they contacted me prior to Amazon's 2p push that day, but oh well...
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

sworddude

« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2016, 05:37:37 pm »
I have to say though deals for older systems have gone exceptionally well in the past week during the hype.

Seriously the nes Mini hype sure got many people busy I've added many quality titles for next to nothing for many older systems even quite a few cib excellent shape quality titles for Snes and megadrive and not the cheapest titles    ::)

spac316

« Reply #85 on: November 17, 2016, 04:14:19 am »
One would think Nintendo would've learned their lesson by now...

sworddude

« Reply #86 on: November 17, 2016, 06:00:49 am »
One would think Nintendo would've learned their lesson by now...

Howcome?

They sold all units without a loss and thanks to that free publicity for their brand name because of it being so popular and selling out so quickly. It has been on the news even in my country that it has done so well and that their was a high demand.

I'm pretty sure many potential customers will come for the NX this is just a publicity stunt for their brand name. I think it is their strategy and a smart one at that. They could make a 2nd wave but I'm pretty sure it has been done on purpose for the first wave

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #87 on: November 17, 2016, 12:34:28 pm »
i am so glad that i ddint bother trying to go pick one up right away, after seeing all what happen
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

doafan

« Reply #88 on: January 09, 2017, 01:34:31 pm »
Sorry to revive the thread after being dead for almost dead for two months but but seems that they finally have done what I predicted/wanted  ;D

http://www.polygon.com/2017/1/9/14211402/nes-classic-edition-hack

A Russian hacker named Madmonkey released instructions over the weekend walking through the process of adding games to Nintendo’s much sought after NES Classic Mini.

Prepping the system to add more games is relatively straight forward, requiring a game saved in the first Super Mario Bros. slot, connecting the system to a computer with the included USB cable and booting up the tiny system into FEL mode. Once prepped, an owner simply has to follow the instructions found on the Reddit thread.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #89 on: January 10, 2017, 01:13:44 pm »
The new bunch of consoles is set to release at march 3. According to some shops where you can preorder now.