Author Topic: What Do You Like In a Metroid Game?  (Read 1283 times)

amwolfmusic

What Do You Like In a Metroid Game?
« on: July 17, 2016, 05:49:48 am »
       In my free time, I write stories, and since I have nearly the ENTIRE week free for the next month or so, I would like to see what people want in a Metroid game. I might make individual stories or lump it all together, because, well the 30th Anniversary is a few weeks away! As well that MPFF will release on my friends birthday, XD we have a joke for that. Anyways, anything you want/like/wish/need to see in a metroid game? Comment bellow and describe if you want! I'll craft something for the Anniversary. ;)

Re: What Do You Like In a Metroid Game?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2016, 08:20:49 am »
An ending screen with Samus in a bikini.

« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2016, 08:42:48 am »
I'm always delighted to see crappy Mode 7 effects.

...just kidding. Love 'em.   ;D

gf78

« Reply #3 on: July 18, 2016, 10:07:23 am »
A Metroid in 2D, quasi-3D.  Not that crap they made the Prime games.  I hated that. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

sworddude

« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2016, 03:16:46 pm »
An ending screen with Samus in a bikini.

3 or 2D?
Your Stylish Sword Master!

soera

« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2016, 03:18:21 pm »
A Metroid in 2D, quasi-3D.  Not that crap they made the Prime games.  I hated that.

I hate the prime games too. If it didnt actually say "Metroid", I wouldnt even believe it was part of the series.

rayne315

« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2016, 03:22:44 pm »
when I first played it I liked the fact that going back through sections you would find secrets or places that you could have passed through if you used your weapons and abilities better. (multiple paths through the game)
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

gf78

« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2016, 03:25:48 pm »

I hate the prime games too. If it didnt actually say "Metroid", I wouldnt even believe it was part of the series.

I think most Nintendo titles became completely botched when they went 3D.  There was only one single point during the original Metroid Prime when I said "fuck yeah!" and really got into it.  It's when you enter Brinstar (I believe...it's been a while) and that classic music kicks in.  That was the one point where it felt like Metroid to me.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2016, 05:14:28 pm »
• Excellent soundtrack - I don't think Super Metroid could've been any better in this area
• Not being told where to go
• Being able to wander into areas you probably shouldn't be
• Finding hidden passages
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 05:43:28 pm by zenimus »