Author Topic: August 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 16456 times)

Re: August 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2016, 06:17:25 pm »
Picked these up at goodwill:
Need For Speed High Stakes greatest hits cib ps1 1.5$
Super Mario Galaxy 2 Guide with poster 2.25$

spac316

« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2016, 06:46:03 pm »
Picked up Mario Golf: Advance Tour for GBA with book at Goodwill today.

(Yeah, it's not as impressive as Theflea's or whoever. But I don't have the privilege that they have. Sorry that this doesn't impress any of you but I'm happy finding this. But seriously, get over yourselves. :P)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2016, 03:39:15 pm by spac316 »

« Reply #77 on: August 15, 2016, 11:24:10 am »
PS2
Gun
Powerdrome
The Godfather
Onimusha Warlords
Need for Speed Pro Street
Ready 2 Rumble Boxing
Marvel Ultimate Alliance
50 cent bulletproof
Smuggler's Run
Bioncile
Prince Of Persia Warrior Within

PS3
Just Dance 4

Picked up these from a Flea Market yesterday for 1 dollar each. :D   
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 11:28:35 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

maximo310

« Reply #78 on: August 15, 2016, 06:10:34 pm »
Amazon:
Clear Case Protector for my bros 3DS, and Pac Man Vs/ Pac Man World combo pack ( GC, CIB)- free w/ coinstar
Ebay:
Arc The Lad Collection (PS1)- $35 after coupons- Came complete w/ outer box and goodies except for the memory card holder. But I found one for $7+4 shipping so it will be complete.

Goodwill:
Both stores near me have had a huge problem with people stealing discs, even though some of those games are $2 cib. Pretty dumb, but I got these for $11
- Simspons Road Rage (Xbox, no disc)
- GTA III (Xbox, no disc)
- GTA Vice City (Xbox, no disc)
- LoTR:Return of the King (Xbox, no disc)
-Baldur's Gate:Dark Alliance (Xbox, no disc)
-Halo (Xbox, no disc)
-Knights of the Old Republic ( Xbox, no disc)
- Sega GT 2002/ JSRF combo pack (Xbox, no disc)
- I Ninja ( Xbox, no disc)
-ES III: Morrowind (Xbox, no disc)
- Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (Gamecube, no manual)
- Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban ( Gamecube, cib)
-Cars ( Gamecube, cib)
-Sims 2 (Gamecube, no disc, was free)
Also picked up a Genesis 2 w/ 2 controllers for $12.99, looks like it runs with all of my stuff. I'm glad I was able to get a working one for cheap instead of going online.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2016, 07:15:24 pm by maximo310 »

necrosexual

« Reply #79 on: August 16, 2016, 12:26:54 am »

i do believe this is the end for this month for me, now i save for bills for september and other things i must get.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

necrosexual

« Reply #80 on: August 16, 2016, 12:32:32 am »
-snip-
Also picked up a Genesis 2 w/ 2 controllers for $12.99, looks like it runs with all of my stuff. I'm glad I was able to get a working one for cheap instead of going online.

i gave my brother my genesis... which i found in a ditch one day, but it worked flawlessly. the NES that was alongside it had a broken 72-pin connector, which i replaced.
i'm extremely upset that i did that... we no longer keep contact. genesis consoles have shot up in cost, too. and i had a complete copy of xmen 2... which he also has. i like the genesis a lot (that music chip is magic tho) but i'll likely never get another because the cost is just fucking ridiculous.

maybe one day i'll find another ditch-haul. i mean, i DID get a 48" tv the same way... with stand... and remote... works pretty much flawlessly, as well, it's my HDTV. maybe one day i'll get lucky again. i guess i can keep fingers crossed. >.>;;
(i have found stuff in dumpsters at apartment complexes at the end of the month too
no shame)

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

maximo310

« Reply #81 on: August 16, 2016, 12:50:20 am »
-snip-

i gave my brother my genesis... which i found in a ditch one day, but it worked flawlessly. the NES that was alongside it had a broken 72-pin connector, which i replaced.
i'm extremely upset that i did that... we no longer keep contact. genesis consoles have shot up in cost, too. and i had a complete copy of xmen 2... which he also has. i like the genesis a lot (that music chip is magic tho) but i'll likely never get another because the cost is just fucking ridiculous.

maybe one day i'll find another ditch-haul. i mean, i DID get a 48" tv the same way... with stand... and remote... works pretty much flawlessly, as well, it's my HDTV. maybe one day i'll get lucky again. i guess i can keep fingers crossed. >.>;;
(i have found stuff in dumpsters at apartment complexes at the end of the month too
no shame)
Yeah the genesis was a pretty bittersweet victory after what happened with the xbox discs earlier today. I originally had gotten a genesis to use alongside my Sega CD that I acquired from another vgcollect member, but had to return that genesis along with others because they wouldn't boot and I didn't want to pay the high online prices for the system.

I've already noticed that some of the stuff I want on the system ( like Truxton) has jumped considerably in price, so I know I won't be trying to get some of my wants anytime soon. I'm hoping that some of my thrifts will come through for me, since I've found a few Genesis titles from them recently. But I agree that its a cool console, the sound chip is pretty powerful if used well.

« Reply #82 on: August 16, 2016, 08:22:51 am »
Are genesis systems really worth money?  I've got like 10 of them sitting in my closet.  I was selling them for $10 a piece a few years back.

tripredacus

« Reply #83 on: August 16, 2016, 09:56:50 am »
Are genesis systems really worth money?  I've got like 10 of them sitting in my closet.  I was selling them for $10 a piece a few years back.

Genesis systems have doubled or tripled from when I was buying them for parts, but I wouldn't consider it "money." The real money (aside from non-TMSS HD model 1) is the power supply.

« Reply #84 on: August 16, 2016, 10:02:27 am »

Genesis systems have doubled or tripled from when I was buying them for parts, but I wouldn't consider it "money." The real money (aside from non-TMSS HD model 1) is the power supply.
I've been told that a lot, how do you know if a model 1 is non-tmss?

tripredacus

« Reply #85 on: August 16, 2016, 10:06:23 am »

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?7796-GUIDE-Telling-apart-good-Genesis-1s-and-Genesis-2s-from-bad-ones

« Reply #86 on: August 16, 2016, 10:09:45 am »

http://www.sega-16.com/forum/showthread.php?7796-GUIDE-Telling-apart-good-Genesis-1s-and-Genesis-2s-from-bad-ones
What little I read somewhere else made it sound like I can pop in a copy of Populous, if it loads I'm good, if not, it is a TMSS model.

tripredacus

« Reply #87 on: August 16, 2016, 10:11:59 am »

What little I read somewhere else made it sound like I can pop in a copy of Populous, if it loads I'm good, if not, it is a TMSS model.

Well really, you can put in any game and see if the TMSS screen comes up. But I linked to that for ways to tell without powering on the system.

« Reply #88 on: August 16, 2016, 10:17:38 am »

Well really, you can put in any game and see if the TMSS screen comes up. But I linked to that for ways to tell without powering on the system.
Maybe I missed something, but their only statement was the FCC ID, but they also stated that there are reports of the longer FCC ID also having the TMSS.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #89 on: August 16, 2016, 12:43:20 pm »

No, not really. I can still find Genesises for about $30. They just aren't a sought-after system, which is a shame because it's a great system.

Now if you have a 32X, Sega Power Base Converter, or a Sega CD attachment to go with one, then that REALLY ups the value.