Author Topic: August 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 16452 times)

Re: August 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #90 on: August 16, 2016, 12:50:10 pm »
Are genesis systems really worth money?  I've got like 10 of them sitting in my closet.  I was selling them for $10 a piece a few years back.

No, not really. I can still find Genesises for about $30. They just aren't a sought-after system, which is a shame because it's a great system.

Now if you have a 32X, Sega Power Base Converter, or a Sega CD attachment to go with one, then that REALLY ups the value.
I think I sold my extra 32X a while back, I'll have to take a look.  I have a stockpile of stuff that I ignore.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #91 on: August 16, 2016, 02:28:14 pm »
Are genesis systems really worth money?  I've got like 10 of them sitting in my closet.  I was selling them for $10 a piece a few years back.

If you have a model 1 or a 3, PM me.  I mine "disappeared" in the Great Divorce of 2015.  :'(

« Reply #92 on: August 16, 2016, 02:35:00 pm »

If you have a model 1 or a 3, PM me.  I mine "disappeared" in the Great Divorce of 2015.  :'(
No extra model 3.  This just reminds me that I want a model 1 Sega CD.

I'll take a look.  I need to see if I have a non-TMSS model 1 as it is.

azure

« Reply #93 on: August 16, 2016, 07:32:01 pm »

Good haul today, knocked out some I'd been searching for.

« Reply #94 on: August 16, 2016, 10:18:42 pm »
So both of my model 1 systems appear to be non-TMSS, but the second one won't load Populous.  No Sega message for any cart though.

tripredacus

« Reply #95 on: August 17, 2016, 09:51:59 am »
So both of my model 1 systems appear to be non-TMSS, but the second one won't load Populous.  No Sega message for any cart though.

Nice! You seem to have the complete opposite luck as me.  ;D

« Reply #96 on: August 17, 2016, 09:59:11 am »

Nice! You seem to have the complete opposite luck as me.  ;D
I'll have to keep digging, I might have more Genesis systems laying around somewhere.  I know I have a bunch of model 2 systems in a box with some other junk, but I'm not sure about model 1 systems.

I sat there for about a half hour trying to get Populous to load on the other model 1.  I popped in Ranger X, Sonic and Knuckles, and X-men.  They all worked no issue first try with no Sega message.  Populous just wouldn't load.  It kind of defeats the purpose of a non-TMSS model if it won't load the game.  *shrug*

soera

« Reply #97 on: August 17, 2016, 12:53:37 pm »
After a nice deal with a great person here on the forums, I updated my controller collection to have the official 20th anniversary controller that was included with the console. Its still even wrapped in the cellophane it was in the case. Im stoked to have this!!!!

« Reply #98 on: August 17, 2016, 12:57:36 pm »
After a nice deal with a great person here on the forums, I updated my controller collection to have the official 20th anniversary controller that was included with the console. Its still even wrapped in the cellophane it was in the case. Im stoked to have this!!!!
Dope.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #99 on: August 17, 2016, 01:05:28 pm »

Nice!

Was that not the same one they sold separate?

« Reply #100 on: August 17, 2016, 01:12:43 pm »

Nice!

Was that not the same one they sold separate?
The controllers are different.  The one packaged with the console has the button symbols on the touchpad.  Other than that I can't recall the other differences, if there are any.

soera

« Reply #101 on: August 17, 2016, 01:45:17 pm »
Correct. The one that came with the console had a special touchpad that has the X/O/Triangle/Square instead of just the dots.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #102 on: August 17, 2016, 02:22:45 pm »
Correct. The one that came with the console had a special touchpad that has the X/O/Triangle/Square instead of just the dots.

Very cool.  I know you are proud of that controller collection.

« Reply #103 on: August 17, 2016, 07:15:17 pm »

My August pickups so far :D   Been on a huge PS3 kick.  Such an awesome system. I am so glad I got one. 

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #104 on: August 17, 2016, 08:04:37 pm »
Got 2 more Xbox One titles

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles  Mutants in Manhattan
Rise of the Tomb Raider