Author Topic: What is your favorite collector's edition you have?  (Read 2369 times)

What is your favorite collector's edition you have?
« on: August 06, 2016, 07:22:53 am »
I don't have a collector's edition yet but I want to get one soon, I want to get the Ellie edition Last of Us they have in UK. Its so awesome. I seen some awesome collectors sets my friend has with big statues and stuff. its so amazing.  Does anyone have any cool ones?  :)

Re: What is your favorite collector's edition you have?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2016, 11:43:32 am »
Probably my Ni No Kuni Wizard Edition (NTSC/US). It's definitely the rarest CE I have, and I love everything it comes with. Paid a pretty penny for that one.

necrosexual

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2016, 12:43:52 pm »

for sure.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

Link

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2016, 12:54:29 pm »
My Starcraft 2 trilogy.
Love the artbooks, love the gadgets, love the soundtracks, love the games.
It's dangerous to go alone! Take this.

/
                       |
O========|[[>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
                       |
                        \

« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2016, 12:59:54 pm »
I'm not big into collector's editions of games, however I have gotten a few, Rise of the Tomb Raider that came with a nice statue and some other trinkets. My favorite, though is probably the Doom CE. It didn't come with a lot of stuff but the statue makes up for that, it's well designed and painted really nicely.

kashell

« Reply #5 on: August 06, 2016, 02:36:30 pm »
I'll go with the Tales of Symphonia Chronicles Collector's Edition. The 4-disc soundtrack alone makes it worth owning, and all of the other stuff thrown into the mix adds more and more icing onto the cake.

stealthrush

« Reply #6 on: August 06, 2016, 05:38:33 pm »
The King of Fighters XIII pre-order came with 4-soundtracks of the entire catalog of KOF series for Xbox 360.

« Reply #7 on: August 06, 2016, 06:13:09 pm »
While I sorta regret the purchase, (It was so pricey lol), I do think the Pip-Boy edition for Fallout 4 is cool.

My oldest right now was my Halo 3 set I got years ago on launch.  It was my first one I think and kinda more around when I was starting to get into collecting more.

« Reply #8 on: August 06, 2016, 06:17:14 pm »
Retro Speaking my copy of Lunar Eternal Blue stands supreme as my all time favorite. Best collectors edition of my modern games was my copy of Guilty Gear Xrd. Nothing special about it really but I had to pick something. Limited collector editions don't get me excited now days. I don't get them unless they have a soundtrack CD

maximo310

« Reply #9 on: August 06, 2016, 09:31:13 pm »
 For modern stuff, I really liked the collector's editions for Ys: Memories of Celecta and Bravely Default. The Dodondpachi Saidaijouhou SLE is great as well, but super expensive.
For retro, the CE for Lunar 2: Eternal Blue is great, and the other Working Designs CE's look awesome as well.

« Reply #10 on: August 08, 2016, 09:52:53 am »
Wild Arms Advanced 3rd Premium Box.

gf78

« Reply #11 on: August 08, 2016, 01:01:50 pm »
Hmmm....probably Halo Reach.  The statue with the five Spartans on it is pretty detailed & bad-ass.  There is a cornucopia of goodies tucked into Halsey's Journal as well.  A lot of time was spent meticulously creating these pieces and I love them.  Fun fact:  In Halo 5 Guardians, Dr. Halsey can be seen carrying said journal in her hand early in the story.

I'm also pretty fond of the Gears of War 3, Halo 3 and Halo 5 collector's editions.
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

argyle

« Reply #12 on: August 08, 2016, 04:41:22 pm »
Sadly, I am way too fond of CE's. :P

Some of my favorites include:

Call of Duty: Black Ops III - Juggernog Edition - I'm definitely not the biggest CoD fan around by a long shot, but that fridge is amazing.

The Witcher III: Wild Hunt - Collector's Edition - Everything in this thing screams quality, from the awesome statue to the full-size hardbound artbook & heavy emblem chain. Heck, even the box is incredible, with signatures of the entire dev staff when you open the main flap.

Ni no Kuni - Wizard's Edition - The only thing really notable about this set is the book. But man...that book!  ;D

Kingdom Hearts HD 2.5 Remix - Collector's Edition - The large Heartless plush is the main attraction, but it also sports what's probably my all-time favorite Steelbook.

My rarest CE:

Killzone 3 - Limited Helghast Edition - At first glance it looks deceptively like the one that was sold in stores (and grossly overproduced, they were practically giving them away in the end). But this set was only made available to a few media outlets (I won mine from IGN) and given away through Sony. The only difference over the standard CE set is that the eyes in the helmet light up, so it isn't that impressive a set in and of itself, but it IS rare. :P

The one that got away:

I really wish I had the Assassin's Creed II CE, as it's the only North America-released AC set I don't own (besides the original, which is garbage - I did own that set & sold it, with 0 regrets). There's a hole on my shelf where that Ezio statue should be.  :'(

"When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed
if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I
became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the
desire to be very grown up.” ― C.S. Lewis

gf78

« Reply #13 on: August 09, 2016, 09:30:18 am »
Eh...wasn't really thinking clearly yesterday when I made my reply.  After going home and actually looking at my Collector's editions, I have to say Titanfall may be my favorite.  The statue is absolutely enormous and high quality.  The details are painstakingly added.  Debris on the ground lights up and flickers as it should having been damaged in a battle.  The Titan lights up either blue or green to designate what side it is on, while the pilot clambering over it's shoulder attacking has lighted areas that show the opposite color, making it clear it's an enemy.  The hardbound artbook is gorgeous as is the poster.  It's also the single largest collector's edition I have ever seen or purchased and puts many others to shame.  Here is a pic of my statue with the game case next to it for reference.

Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

pizzasafari

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2016, 02:54:11 pm »
I've got this big box edition of Final Fantasy VIII on PS1, I didn't know it existed until I found it on ebay and I've never been able to find out much about it on the internet. So it's my favourite because FF8 is my favourite game and because it's kind of mysterious to me. Plus it's really unusual to find big box editions of games from that era.

It's in a big horizontal-rectangular box and includes the game, a poster, a memory card, some FF8-themed stickers for the memory card and this weird little flip book. I forget what's in the flip book.
It's supposed to come with a t-shirt too but the one I bought didn't have it.

I also want to give an honourable mention for my Superbeat: Xonic limited edition. It's in a big-ass black box and comes with both a standard soundtrack and a 2-disc vinyl soundtrack. It's awesome.

« Last Edit: August 14, 2016, 02:57:26 pm by LeJason »