Author Topic: Do you hate Greatest hits/Players choice games?  (Read 15727 times)

desocietas

Re: Do you hate Greatest hits/Players choice games?
« Reply #45 on: August 30, 2016, 04:44:58 pm »
@desocietas did you play radiant historia recently?

I have actually finished that game a week ago and your avatar is the most annoying character in the game period  ::)

haha, yeah, i've been playing it off and on (haven't finished it) for the past few years. Aht is pretty adorable, in my opinion! There are many more characters in Final Fantasy that I'm way more annoyed by, honestly   ;)
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

sworddude

« Reply #46 on: August 30, 2016, 05:58:13 pm »

I have actually finished that game a week ago and your avatar is the most annoying character in the game period  ::)

haha, yeah, i've been playing it off and on (haven't finished it) for the past few years. Aht is pretty adorable, in my opinion! There are many more characters in Final Fantasy that I'm way more annoyed by, honestly   ;)

The story is killer but It's a bit easy in my opinion

Still though it would have been awesome if it was a console game on the big screen definitley one of the better DS rpg's wich could have easily been one of the better rpg's when released on a console like ps1 also some really amazing sound tracks.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

Warmsignal

« Reply #47 on: August 30, 2016, 08:12:38 pm »

And that Castlevania box is awful... probably the worst cover I've ever seen for a reprint. I haven't found another reprint box that matches that level so far.

Sega pioneered that horrendous idea a long time ago.

kashell

« Reply #48 on: August 31, 2016, 09:02:59 am »

Aht is the most useful character to use if you attempt to fight the optional boss. I can't recall her personality, but I definitely recall her usefulness.

sworddude

« Reply #49 on: August 31, 2016, 10:05:48 am »

Aht is the most useful character to use if you attempt to fight the optional boss. I can't recall her personality, but I definitely recall her usefulness.

very true but your pretty much forced to use her if I can remember it correctly at that point in the game aside from that the game is really easy even that optional boss.

One can easily finish the game with every character as they please even at low lvl and mediocre gear, it is true that aht is one of the top tier characters though thanks to the high damage output, she was pretty usefull for ultimate equipment hunting though thanks to her high luck and being able to get the best luck armour.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 10:13:15 am by sworddude »

kashell

« Reply #50 on: August 31, 2016, 10:36:41 am »
You're never really forced to use anyone unless you count the beginning when you only have Stocke and his two mercenaries. Aht is one the last characters to join and by that point, chances are she gets left in reserves since her method of fighting is so unique.

sworddude

« Reply #51 on: August 31, 2016, 11:05:06 am »
You're never really forced to use anyone unless you count the beginning when you only have Stocke and his two mercenaries. Aht is one the last characters to join and by that point, chances are she gets left in reserves since her method of fighting is so unique.

There are some points in time when you are actually forced to use certain characters. As an example, at one point there is an optional quest while only having acces to 2 characters stock included.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 11:39:06 am by sworddude »

kashell

« Reply #52 on: August 31, 2016, 12:07:08 pm »

There are some points in time when you are actually forced to use certain characters. As an example, at one point there is an optional quest while only having acces to 2 characters stock included.

Hmm. Don't recall those, but it's been a while since I played it.

sworddude

« Reply #53 on: August 31, 2016, 01:35:08 pm »

Hmm. Don't recall those, but it's been a while since I played it.

here you have a situation, there are ofcourse more examples when one progresses through the game

spoiler

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMAnIP_Yoq8
« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 01:37:54 pm by sworddude »

kashell

« Reply #54 on: August 31, 2016, 02:56:23 pm »
So you can only use Stocke and Aht during these fights?

sworddude

« Reply #55 on: August 31, 2016, 04:11:36 pm »
So you can only use Stocke and Aht during these fights?

at that specific time node quest yes.

There are also other events and times when you only have certain characters available to you, stock + X character(s) etc etc.

« Last Edit: August 31, 2016, 04:17:58 pm by sworddude »

stlgamer75

« Reply #56 on: September 08, 2016, 10:29:42 am »
I pretty much despise GH/PC type covers and avoid them at all costs as a collector. I do have some PS1/PS2 versions in my collection from when I was buying games new for those systems but no longer. Ideally I can get rid of those and replace them with original copies if they are worth it to me.
Check out my retro gaming blog, Cartridge Corner
https://stlgamer75.wordpress.com

brazbit

« Reply #57 on: September 11, 2016, 09:30:45 pm »
Man I just hate getting a patched version with extra content and all the expansions for a third the original price. Those evil corporate devils have no respect for the authenticity of the experience.

Seriously though, I'm glad they relabeled these so that as collectors you can tell the difference without having to look at publishing dates/barcodes or cross their fingers that they are buying the version they are going after. And, as someone who just wants to play the game, I'm glad that a less expensive complete version is available for $20 and I don't have to pay $60, or $55 for used (when did that happen? Used use to mean a minimum of half price) sit through endless updates and shell out an additional $10 per DLC pack.

desocietas

« Reply #58 on: September 12, 2016, 01:01:50 pm »
Man I just hate getting a patched version with extra content and all the expansions for a third the original price. Those evil corporate devils have no respect for the authenticity of the experience.

Seriously though, I'm glad they relabeled these so that as collectors you can tell the difference without having to look at publishing dates/barcodes or cross their fingers that they are buying the version they are going after. And, as someone who just wants to play the game, I'm glad that a less expensive complete version is available for $20 and I don't have to pay $60, or $55 for used (when did that happen? Used use to mean a minimum of half price) sit through endless updates and shell out an additional $10 per DLC pack.

I think "definitive," enhanced, "plus," or game of the year editions are different, though, in my opinion. If there's nothing different between the original and GH version, I'll take the black label, but that's just an aesthetic preference.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

stlgamer75

« Reply #59 on: September 12, 2016, 07:19:53 pm »

That doesn't apply to the cartridge consoles or other 90's games where this first started gaining traction.
Check out my retro gaming blog, Cartridge Corner
https://stlgamer75.wordpress.com