Author Topic: Dream controller?  (Read 3004 times)

Re: Dream controller?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2016, 10:48:31 am »
Im disappointed there isnt a PS4 version.

I was really hoping Sony would make a high-end controller you can customize.  That, and put a guard around the L2 and R2 buttons so you don't accidentally press them when you set the controller down!
Geezum, this happens all the time with the PS3 and PS4.  It's so frustrating.

Nickkchilla

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2016, 02:48:28 pm »
Im disappointed there isnt a PS4 version.

I was really hoping Sony would make a high-end controller you can customize.  That, and put a guard around the L2 and R2 buttons so you don't accidentally press them when you set the controller down!

There's nothing better than the feeling of setting your Netflix/Amazon/Youtube video on pause, only to watch the entire video scroll through in an instant.

Speed binge watching, am I right?

gf78

« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2016, 03:43:07 pm »
There's nothing better than the feeling of setting your Netflix/Amazon/Youtube video on pause, only to watch the entire video scroll through in an instant.

Speed binge watching, am I right?

LOL...it honestly really pisses me off when that happens.  Especially with slower internet, it takes a friggin' century (ok...that's an exaggeration) to get back to where you want to be.  And oh man, when you do that and set the controller back down only to have it happen again?  I'm friggin' ballistic by that point!   >:(
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition
Currently listening to:  Iron Maiden & Ghost
Currently Watching:  Cyberpunk Edgerunners & Last of Us

soera

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2016, 01:13:50 am »
and put a guard around the L2 and R2 buttons so you don't accidentally press them when you set the controller down!

LMAO, I know the feeling #firstworldproblems. :)

necrosexual

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2016, 02:20:24 am »
Okay. Now that is boss.

It is hands-down, head & shoulders above any other controller I have ever used including Scuff controllers.  You can customize everything from the height of the thumbsticks, to mapping buttons to the paddles on the back.  You use the app to make presets for different games or use already existing ones created by other gamers & developers.  You can even lock the triggers so they only travel half the normal distance for a full depress.  The little switch allows you to have two active profiles running on the controller at the same time and switch them on the fly. 

if only i could put the thumb sticks in the same place horizontally... then it'd be a dream...

as for my dream controller... the dualshock 3 has my heart already.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

gf78

« Reply #20 on: August 05, 2016, 09:35:08 am »
and put a guard around the L2 and R2 buttons so you don't accidentally press them when you set the controller down!

LMAO, I know the feeling #firstworldproblems. :)

LOL.  I was wondering when you would get around to acknowledging my comment.   ;D 

But hey, you have to admit it pisses you off when you accidentally hit the trigger when setting your controller down. 
Currently playing:  Last of Us Part II Remastered, Cyberpunk 2077 Ultimate Edition

soera

« Reply #21 on: August 05, 2016, 10:12:12 am »
Oh I know .. thats why I have this :

gf78

« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2016, 10:50:28 am »
Oh I know .. thats why I have this :

Great...imagine that.  An image that won't show on my work PC.   ::)

gf78

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2016, 11:01:53 am »
if only i could put the thumb sticks in the same place horizontally... then it'd be a dream...

I know everyone has preferences and I myself used the dual-analog Sony controller (pre-dualshock) on the PS1 and have long been accustomed to the stick placement.  But I've never had any issue switching between PlayStation and Xbox controllers.  Though I find both extremely easy & comfortable to use, if I had to pick one layout I preferred over the other, it would be the Xbox stick placement. 

telly

« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2016, 11:53:50 am »

I know everyone has preferences and I myself used the dual-analog Sony controller (pre-dualshock) on the PS1 and have long been accustomed to the stick placement.  But I've never had any issue switching between PlayStation and Xbox controllers.  Though I find both extremely easy & comfortable to use, if I had to pick one layout I preferred over the other, it would be the Xbox stick placement.

The one problem I have the the PS's stick layout is sometimes my thumbs bump into each other because the sticks are so close to one another. Sometimes it can get annoying.
Currently Playing:
Super Monkey Ball (GC), Tunic (Switch), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

necrosexual

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2016, 06:47:01 pm »

i don't think i had much issue, on my OG xbox, i just really dislike the, eh, disjointed feeling between my hands? they're not in line, and that bothers me, deep, deep down. it's not like writing with your non-dominant hand or anything, but picking up my xbox controller, it doesn't feel 'right' either. just a preference, i guess. but i like everything to be in line. -shrug-

The one problem I have the the PS's stick layout is sometimes my thumbs bump into each other because the sticks are so close to one another. Sometimes it can get annoying.

i have hands that make asian men's hands look large, lmao.
so it works for me.
long fingers (no stumpy trumpy fingers for me LOL), but my palms are small af. doesn't bother me, never had the problem and was honestly surprised when i first heard about this issue on forums. it makes sense, though. i can totally see why it'd be annoying if you have to deal with that.

that said, the DS4 is wider for that little touchpad thing. did that help the situation, or have you not used a DS4? just wondering.

if i'm an NPC, i want to be the secret boss in a low tier niche JRPG.

gf78

« Reply #26 on: August 06, 2016, 10:01:11 am »

i don't think i had much issue, on my OG xbox, i just really dislike the, eh, disjointed feeling between my hands? they're not in line, and that bothers me, deep, deep down. it's not like writing with your non-dominant hand or anything, but picking up my xbox controller, it doesn't feel 'right' either. just a preference, i guess. but i like everything to be in line. -shrug-

i have hands that make asian men's hands look large, lmao.
so it works for me.
long fingers (no stumpy trumpy fingers for me LOL), but my palms are small af. doesn't bother me, never had the problem and was honestly surprised when i first heard about this issue on forums. it makes sense, though. i can totally see why it'd be annoying if you have to deal with that.

that said, the DS4 is wider for that little touchpad thing. did that help the situation, or have you not used a DS4? just wondering.

The DS4 definitely helped to stop my thumbs bumping. I have to have both sticks tilted completely towards each other now for my thumbs to touch.