Author Topic: September 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 10123 times)

spac316

Re: September 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #30 on: September 08, 2016, 01:35:22 am »
Got Devil May Cry 4 for PS3 from Fred Meyer bargain bin.

stlgamer75

« Reply #31 on: September 08, 2016, 01:51:55 am »
I've had a good month so far already picking up the following:

Donkey Kong Country & Contra 3 loose - SNES
Donkey Kong Country 2 complete boxed - SNES
Bloody Wolf complete boxed - TG16
Shinobi 3 loose - Genesis
Xevious complete boxed - NES
Fighting Vipers and Virtua Fighter 2 complete - Saturn
Plus a turbo tap and extra TG16 turbo pad
Check out my retro gaming blog, Cartridge Corner
https://stlgamer75.wordpress.com

retrogemcollector

« Reply #32 on: September 08, 2016, 04:34:04 am »

theflea

« Reply #33 on: September 09, 2016, 07:30:30 am »
Had some great finds last weekend from garage sales and even beat out some resellers to get a couple game lots.

First the store / online pickups...

PS4
- King of Fighters XIV - Collector's Edition

XBone
- Skylanders Superchargers Starter Set (on clearance for $14)
- Deus Ex: Mankind Divided - Collector's Edition

At a thrift store I picked up a GC Wavebird controller for .99c and two strategy guides (Final Fantasy XII & Resonance of Fate) for .50c each.

A good friend gave me a mario pop top from Japan.

And now onto the garage sale finds...

Found two Dance Dance Revolution dance mats in a free box.

Mixed in a box of random cords I found 3 Game Boy Advance SP chargers for .25c a piece.

XBone
Find a small stack of Xbox One games, they wanted $20 each but I was able to get them to take $10 for this one.
- Sniper Elite III - Ultimate Edition

Wii
At one sale I ask about games and the guy brings out a stack of Wii games, He tells me he'll take $2 each for most of them but wanted $10 for the Mario game, I got him to except $8.
- Kawasaki Quad Bikes
- FIFA Soccer 09 All-Play
- Kawasaki Jet Ski
- Cabela's Monster Buck Hunter
- Lego Batman
- Need for Speed Undercover
- Deer Drive (sealed)
- Super Mario Galaxy 2
At another sale I ask about games the lady brought out two laundry baskets, one had a PS2 with a mess of controllers and only one game, (rockband) then the other had a Wii (white), games and a bunch of accessories. I only see one game worth getting and a Motion Plus. Both for $5.
- Mario Kart Wii

PS2
I saw this pretty much brand new in the box and the lady tells me I could have it for $1.
- Guitar Hero Aerosmith Set

Found a random Gamecube (console only) sitting on a table at a church sale, I ask a price and she tells me $2.

At a random sale I stop at I see a Game Boy Advance SP (red 001) in a pokemon case marked for only $2.

At a sale I ask about games and the mom asks her daughter and she says she has a Playstation, she brings out a PSone and its in pretty rough shape. No games. I pass on it and ask if there was anything else and she runs inside and brings out a Game Boy Color. Its in pretty nice shape and I ask a price she says $5 and I couldn't say no. lol

GG
At one sale I ask about games and the lady said she had a portable Sega game. She looks everywhere but can't find it. I give her my number and leave thinking I'll never hear back but she did call back and said she found it. I ask her to hold it and go back the next day and see a Gamegear with one game in it, I ask if she knew if it worked and she goes and gets some batteries and tests it and it works great. I ask a price and she tells me $5.  :)
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2

NES
At a sale I ask about games and the lady first tells me no but then starts to act like she might have something. After kinda talking to her a minute she tells me she has something but she doesn't think it works. I tell her to let me see it and she brings out a really beat up NES (missing door) with all hook ups, controllers and four games, I ask a price and she says $2 for it all. She tells me I can return it if it doesn't work. I tell her for $2 I'm not going to worry about that. lol
- Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt (x2)
- Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (x2)

GEN
This next sale advertised "Sega Genesis with Games" The second I see that I knew it would attract every reseller in the area. I get there real early and I'm the only one waiting then the resellers start showing up. The worst two of them of course show up. (I give them all nick names, these two I know as Slick and Mr. Mustache) I get out of my car and they run up to the garage. As I wait by the garage door I see windows at the top I look in and its dark and I can't see anything at first. Then as it comes close to the time they said they would open they turn on a light and I can see the Genesis. So I know exactly where to go. The door opens and we all dart in and I grab the box with the Genesis and Mr. Mustache grabs a DVD player in a box next to it. (lol) Slick was on the wrong side. They where asking $30 for it all and I paid it and got out of there. Here's what it had.
- A complete Genesis with controllers
- Madden NFL 97
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2 (CIB)
- Taz-Mania (CIB)
- Jurassic Park (CIB)
- Home Alone (CIB)
- Ren & Stimpy (CIB)
- Ecco the Dolphin (CIB)
Also at this sale was a Tiger LCD Pinball game for $1.

NES
Then the next week I see a sale Advertising "Video Game Consoles" I had no idea what systems this was going to be. I was expecting PS2, PS3, Wii, XB or XB360. Now this week was labor day weekend and there wasn't a lot of sales going on and boy did the resellers come, there had to be over 20 of them. I think I saw most all of them I knew, including Slick & Mr. Mustache. The lady running it would not open til 9 sharp and they started to pile up against the garage door. Again this door had little windows at the top and I was able to look in. Slick learned this from last time and was looking in too. (most everyone else was too short to reach the windows.) I could see a box in front of me and I could see the RF box for a Nintendo system. It was across a table right in front of me. Slick also saw it and he was right in front of the open path. I knew He was going to be the one I had to beat. (lol) The lady comes out and tells everyone to wait so she could pull out some stuff. Everyone agreed (but I knew these guys wouldn't) The garage opens and I see Slick dart in and I reach out with my long arms and snatch the NES box before he could get to it. But he grabs the box next to it. Then rest of the resellers charge in and start scanning the PS2 games (mostly sports from what I saw) It was like a shark feeding frenzy. I look over to Slick's SNES lot and it only had 3 games and was marked at $30 which looked like all sports games. I see him complaining to one of the other resellers that I got the better lot. My NES lot was $40 and I just paid and got the hell outta there. Here's what it came with.
- A NES console with all hookups, two controllers and a Zapper.
- Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt
- Super Spike V'Ball
- Tag Team Wrestling
- Base Wars
- Burgertime
- Contra  :D

And last the best deal of the week.
I stop at a sale and it's run by a Spanish Family, I see a Pokemon Guide book (which I buy for $1) and I ask the woman about games and she tells me no. She then asks what kind of games I play, So I talk to her about the classics the stuff I loved to play as a kid. She asks about my game room so I show her pictures. Her eyes lit up shocked at the size of my collection. (lol)  ::) She shows the pics to her son and husband and they start talking in Spanish and he goes inside. She tells me that her husband might have something and is going to check. I tell her how I've been collecting for years, she asks me the usual questions (have I played them all, how much is it all worth, etc) Her husband comes out with a bag and I see its FULL of nothing but classic game carts. I barely look at any of it and ask what they want for the whole bag, she says $20 and I just pay it, at this time I have no idea what is in this bag. I just now while taking pictures go through the bag and OMG I can't believe whats in here.  :o
NES
- Super Mario Bros. / Duck Hunt
- Ice Hockey
- Tetris (x2)
- WWF Wrestlemania
- Rambo
- Double Dragon II
- Mike Tyson's Punch-Out  :)
- Zelda II: The Adventure of Link  :)
GG
- Sonic the Hedgehog
N64
- WWF No Mercy
- Rampage World Tour
- Lego Racers
32X
- Doom
- Star Wars: The Arcade Game
- MotoCross
- Shadow Squadron
- BC Racers  :)
GEN
- Madden NFL 96
- Bulls vs. Blazers
- Skitchin'
- RBI Baseball 3
- Triple Score
- TNN Bass Tournament of Champions
- Sonic Spinball
- Sonic the Hedgehog 2
- Spider-Man / X-Men: Arcade's Revenge
- Aladdin
- X-Men
- Vectorman
- Primal Rage
- Spot Goes to Hollywood
- Double Dragon 3: The Arcade Game  :)
- Double Dragon V: The Shadow Falls  :)
- Contra: Hard Corps  :D
- Splatterhouse 3 :D
SNES
- Killer Instinct
- Zombies Ate My Neighbors  :D
- Chrono Trigger  :o :o ;D  ;D  8)

« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 08:04:10 am by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

stlgamer75

« Reply #34 on: September 09, 2016, 09:00:03 am »
Had some great finds last weekend from garage sales and even beat out some resellers to get a couple game lots.

Wow is all I can say, especially about that last find.....Contra Hard Corps is in my top 3 wanted Genesis games and Splatterhouse 3 is in my top 10 and they ain't cheap! Nice work and I guess it pays off to ask questions if you don't see anything you like.
Check out my retro gaming blog, Cartridge Corner
https://stlgamer75.wordpress.com

« Reply #35 on: September 09, 2016, 10:36:31 am »
Picked these up at a salvation army for 1.99$ each:
NBA 2k9 PS2 cib
Summer Heat Beach Volleyball PS2 cib

And these at a yard sale for 5$ total:
Tom Clancy Rainbow Six gbc loose
Spiderman 2 gba loose
River City Sports Challenge ds cib
Crash Bandicoot Wrath of Cortex PS2 loose
Ratchet and Clank greatest hits PS2 loose
Ratchet and Clank Up Your Arsenal greatest hits PS2 loose
Super Monkey Ball Deluxe PS2 loose
Spore Hero Wii Loose
empty PS2 case

retrogemcollector

« Reply #36 on: September 09, 2016, 08:09:17 pm »

azure

« Reply #37 on: September 10, 2016, 05:04:43 pm »

Bullet Witch and Budokai still have the posters  :D

« Reply #38 on: September 10, 2016, 06:30:29 pm »
Picked these up at goodwill for 1.66$ a piece:
Fifa 95 Genesis
Fifa 96 Genesis cib

Picked these up at yard sales:
Activision Classics greatest hits PS1 cib
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 1 PS1 cib
Tony Hawk Pro Skater 2 PS1 cib
Fear Effect PS1 cib
Martian Gothic PS1 cib
PS1 console gray av cords with trashed box
Pelican s-video cable sealed
Gray Dualshock
20$
Mortal Kombat Deadly Alliance PS2 2$
Resident Evil 4 PS2 cib 2$
Star Wars Battlefront PS2 cib 2$
Pac Man Fever GC cib 2$
Spyro Enter the Dragonfly GC 2$
Tak 2 The Staff of Dreams GC cib 2$
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger GC cib 2$
Ty the Tasmanian Tiger 2 Bush Rescue GC cib 2$
Wii Sports Sealed 2$
Wii Sports Resort cib 2$

sworddude

« Reply #39 on: September 10, 2016, 06:52:19 pm »

NES
Then the next week I see a sale Advertising "Video Game Consoles" I had no idea what systems this was going to be. I was expecting PS2, PS3, Wii, XB or XB360. Now this week was labor day weekend and there wasn't a lot of sales going on and boy did the resellers come, there had to be over 20 of them. I think I saw most all of them I knew, including Slick & Mr. Mustache. The lady running it would not open til 9 sharp and they started to pile up against the garage door. Again this door had little windows at the top and I was able to look in. Slick learned this from last time and was looking in too. (most everyone else was too short to reach the windows.) I could see a box in front of me and I could see the RF box for a Nintendo system. It was across a table right in front of me. Slick also saw it and he was right in front of the open path. I knew He was going to be the one I had to beat. (lol) The lady comes out and tells everyone to wait so she could pull out some stuff. Everyone agreed (but I knew these guys wouldn't) The garage opens and I see Slick dart in and I reach out with my long arms and snatch the NES box before he could get to it. But he grabs the box next to it. Then rest of the resellers charge in and start scanning the PS2 games (mostly sports from what I saw) It was like a shark feeding frenzy. I look over to Slick's SNES lot and it only had 3 games and was marked at $30 which looked like all sports games. I see him complaining to one of the other resellers that I got the better lot. My NES lot was $40 and I just paid and got the hell outta there. Here's what it came with.

Competition eh pretty sweet story, I have the same thing in the wild but luckliy way less online but also for that I have some tricks up my sleeve to increase my chances 8)

I have some rivals but also dealer friends who even sell lots to me when people offer around 50 $ more and i´m talking about quality cib snes nes gamecube sega etc lots also lose carts lots for really really nice prices It's pretty insane. These days they usually contact me first before going to others wich is pretty sweet since they know i am a collector. I do wonder how cheap they have managed to aquire it though not that I really care. I must say that they sure did help allot with adding quality titles for nothing with a profit to the collection.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 06:55:24 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

spac316

« Reply #40 on: September 10, 2016, 09:34:40 pm »
Picked up MGS2: Substance and Advent Rising for XBox today.
(DMC4 from previous post also pictured)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #41 on: September 10, 2016, 10:05:53 pm »
Just got back from a video game con  and oh boy did I get some  crap

NES
StarTropics

famicom
Bomberman
DragonBall
Fist of the North Stars

Gameboy
Kid Icarus of Myths and Monsters

Super Famicom
Fire Emblem
Far Eden of the East zero

Genesis
Road Rash

Gameboy Color
Army Men: Air Combat
Lion King: Simba'so Mighty Adventure

Saturn
Bust-a-move 2

Gameboy Advance
Paperboy/Rampage

Xbox
Soul calibur 2
Sudeki
Limited Edition Mechassault 2 Lone wolf

Gamecube (by far my favorite pickups)
Billy Hatcher and the Giant Egg
Lost Kingdoms 2
Summoner a Goddess Reborn

DS
Pokémon Pearl

instruction booklets
Bomber man Max 2, Super Mario land, Super Mario land 2,Donkey Kong Land, Donkey Kong Land 2, Earthworm Jim (GBA),Sonic 2 (gamegear), Toy Story (SNES), Tiny Toons Buster Bust Loose, Mario Kart Super Circut(+box)

Other Sh!t
Sonic Adventure guide
Team Fortress 2 buttons
Gaming Historian poster (signed)
Pat the NES Punk volume 1and 2 (signed)
« Last Edit: September 10, 2016, 10:22:58 pm by redblaze57 »

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #42 on: September 10, 2016, 11:44:17 pm »
Not collecting as much as I used to. This is stuff I've gotten over the last month or so. A lot of handheld stuff because I have a lot of downtime at my work lately. That Spider-Man (NES) is pretty rough looking, but it works.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #43 on: September 11, 2016, 09:59:48 pm »
@Burningdoom That Spiderman is damn hard to find.  Nice pickup.

maximo310

« Reply #44 on: September 12, 2016, 01:35:36 am »
Got a bunch of stuff this week, including some nice Goodwill stuff:

Goodwill:
All for 20
- Lunar Silver Star Story Complete ( PS1, no soundtrack cd or extra goodies)
-Lunar 2: Eternal Blue Complete (PS1, just the 4 disc case with all discs)
- Mega Man 8 (PS1, CIB) (not working atm)
- The Need for Speed (PS1, CIB)
- Final Fantasy VIII ( PS1, no manual)
- Sly Cooper 1 (PS2, Sealed!)
-Timesplitters 2(PS2, CIB)
-Ten Pin Alley (PS1, disc only)

Offerup:
P.N. 03 (GC, CIB)- $10

Amazon:
Assault Suit Leynos (PS4, New)-$12
Catherine (PS3, CIB w/ pre order art book/cd)-$20

Ebay:
KOF Soundtracks ( 4 disc set)- $11