Author Topic: Club Nintendo Luigi's Mansion variant?  (Read 917 times)

tripredacus

Club Nintendo Luigi's Mansion variant?
« on: September 09, 2016, 11:07:13 am »
Anyone who has or knows what these are:
http://vgcollect.com/item/56803
Club Nintendo Luigi's Manson diorama.

This entry needs new images but the box front and cart images are showing two different boxes. Is this a variation or a different regional release?

Box type 1: Luigi wearing purple overalls.
Box type 2: Luigi wearing blue overalls, hat sticker on top right, description text below The Year of Luigi logo.

The diorama part looks to be the same for both box versions.

Re: Club Nintendo Luigi's Mansion variant?
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2016, 02:20:51 pm »
There is no variant, they are the same box, just from different sides.

As for the color, likely variances in lighting where the picture was taken.

rayne315

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2016, 02:28:38 pm »
oh you ment the overalls on the box... yeah if you take just the color from each overall and put them next to each other they are the exact same color
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2016, 06:40:58 pm »
Which side of the box is the front?

Also, do all the releases say Luigi's Mansion 2 on the base of the figure? One of the pictures does not have the 2 on it.

tpugmire

« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2016, 11:05:09 pm »
Can't say for certain, but I know the first Club Nintendo statue thing with all the characters had a different base in Japan vs the North American version.  So it could be a regional variant thing.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

pacpix

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2016, 11:16:54 pm »
I have one sitting on my shelf at home.  I'm visiting my family on Sunday so I can provide some pictures then if need be.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 08:48:39 am »
In Japan, Luigi's Mansion Dark Moon was released as Luigi's Mansion 2, so that's likely the Japanese release.

I don't know what side would be considered the front of the box.  I'm pretty sure all of the sides show the same thing, except one or two sides have text.

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 08:56:32 am »
Okay.  Did a little research.

There appears to be 2-3 releases.  The US/NA release.  The European release.  Possible Japanese release.

The NA release has the text on the front of the box, No 2 on the diorama, it says Nintendo on the top of the box, and nothing on the back.

All other releases have no text on the front of the box, 2 on the diorama base, it says Luigi's Mansion 2 on the top of the box, and it has text on the back of the box for various languages.

Researching for Japanese release. Can't find any info on a Japanese release.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 09:00:35 am by ignition365 »

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 10:39:23 am »
The NA release has the text on the front of the box, No 2 on the diorama, it says Nintendo on the top of the box, and nothing on the back.

All other releases have no text on the front of the box, 2 on the diorama base, it says Luigi's Mansion 2 on the top of the box, and it has text on the back of the box for various languages.

Does the blue vs purple overalls also match up with what you found, or are we still thinking this is caused by camera settings?

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 10:41:56 am »

Does the blue vs purple overalls also match up with what you found, or are we still thinking this is caused by camera settings?
I still think it's a lighting thing, but I'm colorblind, so I'm useless.