Author Topic: Energy Drinks, Soda or Coffee?  (Read 1723 times)

Energy Drinks, Soda or Coffee?
« on: September 12, 2016, 12:17:54 pm »
Three variants of caffeinated late night Fuel :D.  All give you the caffeine you need for those late night binge sessions or to wake up for work after binging the previous night :).  Which do you prefer? 

Flashback2012

Re: Energy Drinks, Soda or Coffee?
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 12:54:08 pm »
I don't drink coffee and I won't drink Energy Drinks. I drink soda (it's known as pop in these parts  ;)) but have cut back. I used to drink it all day long but now I limit myself to one cup a day and then water for the rest of the day. I'd love to ween myself off of it completely but I can't stand water all of the time and want some flavor every now and again. Sparkling water and flavored water does nothing for me so I've settled on Gatorade/Powerade as an alternative.

azure

« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2016, 01:17:43 pm »

Coffee for me, clear as a crisp spring morning.

kashell

« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2016, 01:22:34 pm »

Coffee for me, clear as a crisp spring morning.

This. This so hard. Coffee is life.

I haven't had pop (or soda, if you're not from my neck of the woods) in years. It's been great. Now, the thought of one makes me gag.

I never enjoyed energy drinks. I think they taste like medicine.

« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2016, 02:35:42 pm »
I actually don't drink any of these anymore, but I'd say Coffee is the thing I miss the most.

rayne315

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2016, 02:44:28 pm »
water and tea are much better than these options. energy drinks and coffee make my heart beat very fast, hard, and make my heart hurt. and soda/pop/soft drinks caused me to have a possible  stint with diabetes when I was in college that had some very unintended effects (I was literally pissing sugar crystals and because of it cut my urethra? and was also peeing blood every now and then) 
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

robertoman

« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2016, 05:56:10 pm »
Coffee all the way. Soda and Energy Drinks don't cut it for me

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2016, 06:10:42 pm »
Coffee

I'll drink soda occasionally namely mountain dew Baja blast, and cherry Pepsi

aliensstudios

« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2016, 06:18:42 pm »
Soda and Coffee for sure, I hate the way energy drinks make me feel; nauseous and jittery. I have a job where once a week, I have to go into work at 2 am, so I usually stay up all night. I've found that the best energy before I start at 2 am is to have a sandwich and a cup of milk. Then I pull an all-nighter. For the most part, I don't need energy from outside sources (coffee, soda etc.) but I do enjoy a cup of hot coffee or tea in the morning or early afternoon. My go-to soda is probably Pepsi, Wild Cherry Pepsi or Cherry Vanilla Pepsi.
For gaming, if I'm going to drink anything it's probably pop or water. When I'm doing laid-back gaming, like with my Dad who's nowhere near as hardcore as myself, I'd say a nice beer (an Extra Gold or something) goes best. Especially when me and my Dad play Tecmo Super Bowl or World Championship Baseball on Intellivision. It's awesome to just sit with my Dad, talk a bit, have a beer or two and play some games together.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #9 on: September 12, 2016, 07:25:23 pm »
I'm a pop drinker, but for taste rather than energy, as caffeine doesn't affect me a whole lot (unless I'm slamming two energy drinks back to back).

As for what I prefer, I like just about everything with the exception of Diet and Grape.

« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2016, 10:27:17 pm »
Energy drinks are my go to source for caffine, coffee is what i go for when i can't afford energy drinks. I think i average about 4-5 Monsters a week, i usually drink them as i go into work at 4:30 am to unload the daily truck.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2016, 10:31:41 pm by matimo »

indenton

« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2016, 10:37:16 pm »
Soda is life, but Tea is hometown!

« Reply #12 on: September 13, 2016, 06:39:44 am »
I'm a soda maniac.

Coffee? Nah.
Tea? Tastes like woodchips.
Beer? Bitter rubbish.

My tastes in beverages have been called unsophisticated, but when you open a real sugar Dr. Pepper from a glass bottle at just above freezing cold, you'll know the truth of the world.

Whether it's Moxie, Irn Bru, Cactus Cooler, Mezzo Mix, or Calpis Soda, I've had it all. And I'm always looking for more...  ;)

« Reply #13 on: September 13, 2016, 10:05:24 am »
Beer.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: September 13, 2016, 10:36:04 am »
Ever since I started working out and watching calories I've used this - https://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Energy-Fusion-Servings/dp/B006R76WQG/ref=sr_1_1_a_it?ie=UTF8&qid=1473777307&sr=8-1&keywords=Optimum+Nutrition+Amino+Energy

I hate coffee so this is a great alternative, it tastes amazing (the flavors I've tried) and its only 5-10 calories per glass so its great. Works like a charm too.