Author Topic: Am i only one who don't buy digital downloads & buys a actual physical copy  (Read 2205 times)

lordscott

Before you answer this question please allow me to explain a bit so you can understand this question bit better some games have both versions of the same game digital downloads & a physical copy I.E discs and such and to be honest i don't know am i only one who does this but as for me i prefer to buy actual physical copies of that same specific game if there is a game i want to buy & of course to added it to my collection if i want to.

Sorry for asking i really had to ask because there are a lot of digital downloads of that same game is for sell i don't mind buying some here and there such as WIIshops  but when there is both versions of the same game for same system digital downloads & actual physical copies i always prefer the actual physical copies of the game sorry for asking i notice a lot of the digital downloads out there.

Don't get me wrong i don't mind buying some here and there if i want to play it on a another system such as play PS1 & PS2 on my PSP3000 anyway to the point and heart of the matter Am i really only one who don't buy digital downloads & buys a actual physical copy?

When & if you answer the question please be honest no matter how harsh it it is and i don't know if this question has been already asked on here and if it is then please let me know &/or send me a link of that question thanks :).
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 09:44:25 pm by lordscott »

I can almost guarantee you that very few people here would choose digital over physical.

doafan

For a long time managed to avoid getting a digital copy even if the game didn't have a physical one but after seeing that some of the titles that I wanted didn't came with a damn manual (am from old school so I love them) also the fact that some of them are kinda expensive and of course that those offers that randomly appear at the Dashboard of the Xbox 360 where they offer some titles with even 75% of discount are irresistible I decided to start purchase digital copies but  that doesn't mean that I love physical ones, why ?, because there is no pride in showing a list of the videogames that you have on your HDD not when you can show pictures of your room full of them  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

azure

I avoid digital at all costs if I can, often import from other countries just to have a physical copy.

I can almost guarantee you that very few people here would choose digital over physical.

aliensstudios

Well, it's a site about enthusiastic collectors of physical media, old and new, so it seems like this post is sort of rhetoric.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

I've never bought a single digital game or piece of DLC and have no plans to start.

maximo310

Most of us here are collectors of physical copies. Plus, especially on the console side, there aren't enough benefits to justify switching to digital yet.

Usually, this causes me to miss out on some cool things. One example is that M2 recently announced their ShotTriggers line of bringing shmups to PS4, so their first title was Battle Garegga Rev. 2016 and it looked great. However, their physical SE for $80-90 came with all of these cool trinkets ,but the game is only a download code on a piece of paper that is only redeemable on Japanese PSN.
I'm still hoping that LRG can pick that one up for a physical release, cuz I'm not keen on paying $250+ for a Saturn copy.

I personally have no issue with buying digital goods.  I never pay full price for digital goods.  I either wait for sales or get digital money for free or cheap.

But for games where I CAN get a physical copy, I will not be purchasing a digital copy.  For games that I have digital copies (whether for free or physical is well after digital) I probably won't bother getting physical.  I don't like paying MSRP for anything, so limited run stuff where you have to pay MSRP hurts me a little and I'm super indecisive in those situations.  I know I'm not going for a full PS3/PS4/PSV/PSP set ever because of these types of things.

kashell

I rarely go with a digital copy. The only time I go for something digital is when it's free (Final Fantasy V), super cheap (Cho Anikiki, Lucifer's Ring) and/or a game that I already own and wish to have another "copy" of (Mega Man X4).

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Nope, you're far from alone. Because this:

...will always be more impressive looking than this:

And I enjoy the collecting aspect of physical games. Not to mention playing them on their original hardware, with original controllers they were designed for. That is always a better way to play.

I always default to the physical release if one exists with some exceptions. I have become a big fan of Steam and GOG over the years and while many of the classics they sell are available in physical form, getting them to run on a modern rig is very difficult and sometimes impossible depending on how the game was programmed. On top of that, you really can't go wrong when many of these games are less than $3 each during the sales that each site does.

I've also been known to go digital on games that would otherwise be way too expensive is I ever wanted a physical copy. Earthbound is a perfect example; I used to own it, sold it, and bought it on the VC for $10.

shepard11

Nope, you're far from alone. Because this:

...will always be more impressive looking than this:

And I enjoy the collecting aspect of physical games. Not to mention playing them on their original hardware, with original controllers they were designed for. That is always a better way to play.

Are those media towers??

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

I don't know, that's not my personal collection, just a Google pic.

I buy digital a lot on PC, unless it's something I really want to have a physical version of for posterity sake, since there is no true physical version of PC games any longer.  The last PC physical I bought was Overwatch and I'll be grabbing physical for Battlefield 1.  Console wise, I always buy physical outside of a couple small retro games I'll grab here and there.