Author Topic: Do you own any Arcade Machines?  (Read 3971 times)

Do you own any Arcade Machines?
« on: September 22, 2016, 04:12:25 pm »
What is your favorite one you own? :D

This Battletoads Arcade Machine is a dream of mine. If only I had the funds and space :)   I used to play the same one when I was a kid. I was so young I don't remember the place. But I had so much fond memories with it.

Re: Do you own any Arcade Machines?
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2016, 04:49:52 pm »
Sadly I do not. No space and they generally cost a lot.

aliensstudios

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2016, 05:16:16 pm »
I don't but I'd like to own some PCBs someday. Much less of a space constraint and is still authentic hardware. For now, MAME works as a go to for any arcade machines.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

tripredacus

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2016, 06:53:12 pm »
I almost bought an R-Type. My car had gone to the shop the day I was to buy it, so I had to pass and get the car taken care of.

stealthrush

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2016, 09:32:12 pm »
I do not own any arcade machines or plan to but I do have fond memories playing them growing up. Some of the first I've played Captain America and The Avengers at Pizza Hut, Galega Table-top at a local pizza joint, and World Heroes/Samurai Shodown/Street Fighter II at my local super market.

Top Skater: Sega Skateboarding (1997)

Sega Ski Super G (1996)

Other favorites of mine; Dig Dug, Virtual-On, Die Hard Arcade, Metal Slug, X-Men Vs Street Fighter, Mega Man Power Battles, Spawn in the Demon hand, Pac Man, Bomberman World, Power Stone, Last Bronx, Dead or Alive, Daytona USA, Tech Romancer, Dungeons & Dragons, The Simpsons, Street Fighter EX, The King of Fighters 97, Rival Schools, Gunbird, Street Fighter III, Marvel Super Heroes, Power Instinct, King of Monsters.

There was this arcade machine you would sit in and it was a ball/dome, door would close, AC would be by your ankle, and It felt like a roller-coaster simulator (?) Never knew the game name or developer. I remember my friend being claustrophobic on the ride wanting to puke, haha.

Flashback2012

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2016, 12:23:48 am »
I own a few PCBs but no cabinets to put them in. I do have an arcade stylized store kiosk that was put out by MS when they were pushing the Games for Windows thing several years ago that I got from GS when I still worked there. I tried looking for a picture to link and couldn't find one.  :(

maximo310

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2016, 01:11:31 am »
Nope, but I plan in the future to get some pcbs for CPS2/ Namco System 2, and Sega Model 3 stuff. For cabinets, it would be pretty nice to pick up a Sega Astro City or one of the nice Tatio cabs; also love the Namco Assault cabinet which is a small, sleek and  nice design http://www.habosarcade.com/Assault.htm .

I've had a few chances to get cabs, but I don't have space for them atm. Although, there is a place by my school where a organization has a unused Assault cabinet.

washerdryercombo

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2016, 01:49:49 am »
I have a UN Squadron cabinet and some PCBs.

Sexy Paridous
Carrier Air Wing
Aliens
Ghosts N' Ghouls

Naomi harness with Dead or Alive 2

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2016, 02:48:55 am »
I've got a refurbished Tron cab from 1982. The original PCB was dead, so now it houses one of those Game Elf 200-in-1 boards. In addition to Tron, it plays lots of other vertical oriented games.

kashell

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2016, 08:47:21 am »
Nope, none. But I would love to own a Dance Dance Revolution machine. I have the space for it, but the price for the edition I want is a bit steep.

sworddude

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2016, 10:08:49 am »
There are way to many arcade cabs to collect for and the main reason that way to much space is needed.

realisticly I will probably only get an original Neo geo MVS machine and maybe one custom arcade cab for other arcade games on an emulator.

The neo geo mvs cab for sure but i think that I'll play the other arcade games on console ports or emulators instead of a custom cab.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2016, 10:11:00 am by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2016, 10:56:20 am »
Hell yes I do!!!

I have a Nintendo PlayChoice-10.  It's all full and I even have extra games to swap out!  I think I'll be buried with this.  Or maybe in it.

WWF SuperStars/Wrestlefest.  It's a SuperStars Cabient with both boards in it.

Popeye

Donkey Kong/Donkey Kong Jr/Mario Bros.  It was a 2005 Namco Re-Release.  It's a great looking cabinet

I also have a Vampire Night cabinet that I can't get working.  I haven't really had time to tinker with it.  I dropped it when I was unloading it and the CD-ROM drive quit working.  Damn the bad luck. 

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2016, 12:52:42 pm »
I wouldn't mind having a few out in the garage. But I don't think I ever will. I just don't see myself spending that kind of money on collecting.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2016, 10:08:02 am »
I can't believe I forgot to put my TMNT arcade cabinet on my list.  I never even added it to my collection on here. 

I'm a failure in life...

brazbit

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2016, 09:43:29 pm »
I own a Gottlieb Sky Jump pinball machine. http://ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=2195
No video Game cabinets yet.