Author Topic: Retro City Rampage DX Case Question  (Read 3720 times)

Re: Retro City Rampage DX Case Question
« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2016, 02:18:13 pm »
It should be treated the same as game cases that come with download codes only.  If you received this item, you should have also received a download code.

If games like Lara Croft temple of osiris (PS4) is listed as physical, this too should.
http://vgcollect.com/item/73179

This. Its not a PSP accessory so it shouldn't be listed as that. An accessory is something that you use. You don't use this.

There are tons of games in the database that are download only but have a physical case, manual, insert. It should be treated just like those.

washerdryercombo

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2016, 02:50:51 pm »
It didn't come with a download code of the game though. The other games mentioned in the thread were retail display boxes for a digital code, this thing was just a box.

Should it go in the PC category because it technically came with a Steam key for the game? Probably not.

« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2016, 05:09:50 pm »
It didn't come with a download code of the game though. The other games mentioned in the thread were retail display boxes for a digital code, this thing was just a box.

Should it go in the PC category because it technically came with a Steam key for the game? Probably not.
The only way to acquire this was to purchase the PS4 version, which came with a PSN key.  In essence, you received the PSP case with a download code.

desocietas

« Reply #18 on: September 27, 2016, 05:39:32 pm »

The only way to acquire this was to purchase the PS4 version, which came with a PSN key.  In essence, you received the PSP case with a download code.

Well, technically, you received:
- a download code that activates the games for the PS3, PS4, PSP, and Vita simultaneously
- a download code that activates the game for PC, Mac, Linux, MS-DOS
- a PS4 disk and game case
- an empty PSP case with manual and artwork

I think with cross-platform digital titles in the past, we've allowed people to make an item record for each platform and the user can choose to pick and choose which ones they want to add to their collection. Some people want to add it for each platform, essentially creating multiple copies within their own collection while others prefer to just have one and leave it at that so as to not distort their collection numbers.

In my opinion, the easiest options for the box itself are to either
- list the PSP case as swag/merch
- list it under PSN (PSP) (though not all of us are fond of any physical items being stored in the digital category) with a note about the game having been emailed to purchasers
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

washerdryercombo

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2016, 01:07:34 am »
I don't remember getting a PSN Key with my copy only the PC download.

I don't consider digital purchases part of my collection because of the possibility to lose access to them.

« Reply #20 on: September 28, 2016, 08:45:10 am »
I don't remember getting a PSN Key with my copy only the PC download.

I don't consider digital purchases part of my collection because of the possibility to lose access to them.

The first 1000 people received a PSN key. I received one. I hope it doesn't get moved to a digital category. I'll just remove it from my collection on here if it does.

tripredacus

« Reply #21 on: September 28, 2016, 09:58:17 am »
- list it under PSN (PSP)

It should be in this category (and all the relevant digital categories) anyways unless it cannot be purchased on PSN without buying this physical copy.

« Reply #22 on: September 28, 2016, 10:09:30 am »

It should be in this category (and all the relevant digital categories) anyways unless it cannot be purchased on PSN without buying this physical copy.

By this logic you need to move Temple of Osiris, Guardians of Middle Earth, MLB 15 (Vita), Minecraft (Vita) and any other game with a digital code to a digital category. Even though you get a physical item, it makes no sense.

tripredacus

« Reply #23 on: September 28, 2016, 10:26:36 am »

By this logic you need to move Temple of Osiris, Guardians of Middle Earth, MLB 15 (Vita), Minecraft (Vita) and any other game with a digital code to a digital category. Even though you get a physical item, it makes no sense.

We are not contesting that you can go to the store, buy a physical game that has no media inside and has a code in it. That is the retail version of the game and should exist in the physical category. Any game that you can get on digital only, should be in the applicable digital category.

« Reply #24 on: September 28, 2016, 11:15:19 am »

We are not contesting that you can go to the store, buy a physical game that has no media inside and has a code in it. That is the retail version of the game and should exist in the physical category. Any game that you can get on digital only, should be in the applicable digital category.

Even if there's a physical item? The items itself is not digital, only the game is. It makes absolutely no sense. To be honest if your going to move it. It makes more sense to put it as an accessory. Even though it should be considered as part of the official PSP library. If not it wouldn't have its own product code.

tripredacus

« Reply #25 on: September 28, 2016, 06:58:54 pm »
The way the database it right now, yes that is how it should be. We can take your Minecraft (Vita) example. A person can go to the store and get the Minecraft Vita box and it has a download code in it. This is a physical item and should exist in the regular Vita category. If a person buys this, they can put this item into their collection.

You can go onto PSN and buy Minecraft for the Vita. This is a digital game and should exist in the appropriate PSN category. If a person buys this on PSN, they can put it into their collection.

Now, if a person buys the physical release Minecraft on Vita, they can choose to either add the one in the physical category, the one in the PSN category, or both. It is the user's decision how they want to add the items into their collection.

Please note that these examples do not apply to the Retro City Rampage DX PSP case, because it is a pack-in or item that came with a PS4 game, hence the discussion on how it should be sorted.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2016, 07:01:13 pm by tripredacus »