Author Topic: Secret Santa 2016  (Read 30319 times)

Re: Secret Santa 2016
« Reply #315 on: December 05, 2016, 09:11:23 am »
I packed mine up last night to be shipped, totally forgot to throw in tootsie rolls in there, sorry SS.

Plan to ship out this afternoon.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #316 on: December 05, 2016, 02:44:05 pm »
I too forgot to include a note. I realized right as I left the post office :( sorry y'all. Once my recipient gets their gift I'll reveal it was me (if they like it, otherwise it was Soera ;) )

pacpix

« Reply #317 on: December 06, 2016, 01:23:57 am »
Got my package in the mail today ! :D

Planning on having mine in the mail this week.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

« Reply #318 on: December 06, 2016, 08:40:59 am »
shipped out last night

tpugmire

« Reply #319 on: December 06, 2016, 09:11:19 am »
My gift arrived yesterday, planning on shipping mine out today or tomorrow.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

koemo1

PRO Supporter

« Reply #320 on: December 06, 2016, 01:46:40 pm »
Just received my secret santa gift HYPED!
Currently playing:
Rogue Trooper [xbox]
Days Gone [ps4]

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #321 on: December 06, 2016, 05:15:11 pm »
The Package Is Away.  I repeat, the package is away.

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #322 on: December 06, 2016, 11:37:25 pm »
Alright y'all, knowing my personality I could only looked at wrapped gifts for myself alone in my apartment so long before I cracked so I'll be the first to say I opened my package.

I LOVED it! Whoever got me in the secret santa did a great job! Got the perfect mix of games & goodies.

Looking at the wrapped objects I heard one rattling around, it sounded like mints in a container so I opened it first, and what do I find? Nintendo Power mints, very cool little collectible!

Next up were the two game case shaped gifts. These are a little easier to guess since I've had years of experience knowing what a wrapped DVD/game case looks like. I opened the first gift and it was Tales of Graces F! A great Tales of game that I have been looking for ever since I got into the Tales series again recently! Everything is in amazing condition.

Opening the other case I found another surprise, Tales of Zestiria! And this one was sealed! I have gone from a 1 game Tales backlog now to 3, so 2017 is going to be a Tales filled year for me that is for sure!

My most excited gift had to be the final one. Based on the wrapping it looked to be a GBA game and a manual. Being extremely careful not to rip the 'manual' while opening my gift I tore open the packaging to find ... a PS2 key ring. Arguably one of the coolest gifts I have received in recent memory and one I didn't even know existed. I'm not a big fan of Key Ring chains for my main set of keys but you better believe this thing is going straight on my gaming mantle as a keepsake, it is so cool (maybe even a future locked game room key could house this sucker).

Overall I had a great experience this year, weirdly enough being in this 2 years now I have only gotten actual games for the PS3 which I find funny. Whoever was my Santa rocked, yet still remains a mystery to me since no note or name was left with the gifts.

Thanks a bunch though Santa!!

Flashback2012

« Reply #323 on: December 07, 2016, 02:19:56 am »
Getting closer to being done and onto the sending out stage. I'm hoping to have it all done and in the mail this weekend. Main game that I could acquire is done. I tested it at the shop and it saved so *woohoo* non-dead battery in there. The second game from the want list was found today with the help of my cousin. Trying to find a couple more decent filler titles to toss in. I accessed my recipients Collection and it's kind of all over the place in terms of titles owned. That's not a bad thing at all though as it gives me a larger target to hit.  ;)

Already mentioned I've got the local flavor picked up and I'll be sure to include instructions on how to prepare it properly. Now that I'm thinking about it, I want to go see if I can acquire a treat to include as well.  :)

tpugmire

« Reply #324 on: December 07, 2016, 08:00:03 am »
Sent mine out yesterday.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #325 on: December 07, 2016, 09:01:55 am »
If y'all want to join the fun Retro Reload and Our Parents' Basement are going to team up for a Secret Santa Extravaganza next Tuesday!  On Dec 13th at 11:30et/8:30pt(the rest of you have to do math), RR and OPB will make a Voltron-like show to become THE RETRO BASEMENT or OUR PARENTS' RELOAD! (I like the first one better).

We're going to all join the show to open our VGC Secret Santa Presents live on the internet!  It's going to be fun.  Join us and see real jubilation when we get the perfect gift or watch fake excitement as we get stuff we marginally want!

Dec 13th at 11:30et/8:30pt live on the Retro Reload YouTube Channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

kashell

« Reply #326 on: December 07, 2016, 09:50:10 am »
Hopefully all those involved in the Retro Basement Holiday Special will have gotten their gifts by then. If not, I'm still excited to watch the fun unfold!

EDIT: tafk, that's a great collection of goodies you got! You'll have to post some impressions on them when you start playing. I'm kind of jealous that you'll be experiencing Graces f for the first time.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2016, 11:29:20 am by kashell »

telly

« Reply #327 on: December 07, 2016, 02:23:45 pm »
I wish I could make it... :( although I haven't gotten my gift yet anyway so I might not even have it in time for the opening.

Also lets start a different thread where we can put pics of all the loot we get! 8)
Currently Playing:
Super Paper Mario (Wii), Super Mario Bros. 3 (Wii U)

My music collection | My Backloggery

soera

« Reply #328 on: December 07, 2016, 02:25:50 pm »
Alright, updated the list. If I missed you sending or receiving, let me know.

Its 1 full week into December and some people still havent shipped yet it looks. Will be sending emails at the end of the week if not updated as a reminder!

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #329 on: December 07, 2016, 02:39:12 pm »
^ Mail slows down a lot during the holidays, too.