Author Topic: Secret Santa 2016  (Read 29380 times)

kashell

Re: Interest for Secret Santa 2016
« Reply #75 on: October 11, 2016, 03:46:35 pm »
In previous years, was SS run with an upper limit or a lower limit on the value?

Sorry then, just using an example. Like I said, I really doubt any regulars here would do it just to be vindictive.
I think if anyone were being vindictive, it would be pretty obvious.  Receiving lazy or cheap gifts isn't necessarily vindictive.

Though... the tootsie rolls could be considered vindictive.

That's because Tootsie Rolls are evil candies that have no place in the candy dish!

« Reply #76 on: October 11, 2016, 03:53:55 pm »
In previous years, was SS run with an upper limit or a lower limit on the value?

Sorry then, just using an example. Like I said, I really doubt any regulars here would do it just to be vindictive.
I think if anyone were being vindictive, it would be pretty obvious.  Receiving lazy or cheap gifts isn't necessarily vindictive.

That's because Tootsie Rolls are evil candies that have no place in the candy dish!
If I have Tootsie rolls in my house after halloween, they go in SS box 10/10.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #77 on: October 11, 2016, 04:08:49 pm »
I love the little bite-sized fruit-flavored Tootsie Rolls.

rayne315

« Reply #78 on: October 11, 2016, 04:09:03 pm »

what about fruties though? the beter version of tootsie rolls? would you be happy to find them?
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

tpugmire

« Reply #79 on: October 11, 2016, 04:49:45 pm »
Including tootsie rolls is a time honored tradition, and is pretty much required nowadays. :)
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #80 on: October 11, 2016, 04:59:26 pm »
All you folks are in big trouble. I found a place that sells those awesome fruit tootsie rolls year-round! 

davifus

« Reply #81 on: October 11, 2016, 05:05:06 pm »
Tootsie Roll required... noooooooo

"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #82 on: October 11, 2016, 07:05:17 pm »
Just a friendly reminder that Tootsie Roll bags will be used as gift wrap. So don't just throw those out and act all high and mighty afterwards.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #83 on: October 11, 2016, 08:16:59 pm »
Candy corn is the worst at Halloween. Hate that stuff. Bottlecaps are pretty much throwaways, too, but not not as bad as candy corn.

pacpix

« Reply #84 on: October 12, 2016, 12:04:14 am »

Cmon you know you loved the box full of tootsie rolls and tootsie roll wrapper wrapping paper I sent you last year  ;D

Candy corn is the worst at Halloween. Hate that stuff. Bottlecaps are pretty much throwaways, too, but not not as bad as candy corn.

This is a warning.  Any further anti candy corn sentiment will result in a permanent ban.
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

telly

« Reply #85 on: October 12, 2016, 07:59:45 am »

This is a warning.  Any further anti candy corn sentiment will result in a permanent ban.

I agree. Candy corn is one of my favorite Halloween candy!
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

kashell

« Reply #86 on: October 12, 2016, 08:54:29 am »
Cmon you know you loved the box full of tootsie rolls and tootsie roll wrapper wrapping paper I sent you last year  ;D

You're giving me PTSD flashbacks! If not for my replacement cases, my games would have stunk like Tootsie Rolls for all eternity.

EDIT: I forgot to mention that I took the Tootsie Rolls to work and they were well received by all of the sheeples. So, they didn't go to waste. I don't like wasting food, even though Tootsie Rolls can hardly be considered food.

I agree. Candy corn is one of my favorite Halloween candy!

Hell yeah! Candy Corn is the bees knees! I love that stuff.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:07:48 am by kashell »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #87 on: October 12, 2016, 09:24:26 am »
I love that the Tootsie Roll talk happens every year.

mrnikon

« Reply #88 on: October 12, 2016, 10:18:43 am »
All this Tootsie Roll talk has got the song going through my head. Let me see the Tootsie Roll...  Also I wish they had a factory store since they are at 74th and Cicero on the South Side of Chicago it would be an easy trip for me.

kashell

« Reply #89 on: October 12, 2016, 10:52:24 am »
Don't forget the commercial jingle...

"The world looks mighty good to me.
'Cause Tootsie Rolls are all I see.
Whatever it is I think I see,
becomes a Tootsie Roll to me!

Tootsie Roll how I want your chocolatey-chew!
Tootsie Roll I think I'm in love with you!

Whatever it is I think I see,
becomes a Tootsie Roll to me!"

And yes, that was all from memory.