Author Topic: Secret Santa 2016  (Read 29378 times)

telly

Re: Interest for Secret Santa 2016
« Reply #120 on: October 14, 2016, 02:30:25 pm »
I still like the $30-$50 range that was originally suggested. $50, at a minimum, seems a bit steep to me. Because at a $50 minimum, people will probably expect more like $75. I don't spend more than $50 on some family members.

But it looks like I'll be in the minority, there. Like I said before, if that's the case, I'll still play ball.

My problem with $30-$50 is that someone could be spending a $30 value, while someone else is spending a $50 value. That's not fair; it should be one value rather than a range.

And like people said, it's $50 value, not necessarily that you spent $50 on it. :)
« Last Edit: October 14, 2016, 02:40:23 pm by telly »
Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

karyann

« Reply #121 on: October 14, 2016, 03:09:13 pm »
Just a friendly reminder that Tootsie Roll bags will be used as gift wrap. So don't just throw those out and act all high and mighty afterwards.

I hope you're my secret Santa  ;)

Also candy corn is great

also I'm so late

kashell

« Reply #122 on: October 14, 2016, 03:31:02 pm »
Just a friendly reminder that Tootsie Roll bags will be used as gift wrap. So don't just throw those out and act all high and mighty afterwards.

Also candy corn is great

also I'm so late

You know what they say...

desocietas

« Reply #123 on: October 14, 2016, 04:40:52 pm »

Also candy corn is great

also I'm so late

You know what they say...

Haha, you know, I probably saw that joke on the show when I was younger and had no idea what it meant. Now that I'm older... it's hilarious  ;D
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #124 on: October 14, 2016, 05:33:49 pm »
 ;D

tpugmire

« Reply #125 on: October 14, 2016, 06:49:04 pm »
Just to clarify, now we're talking about $50 plus shipping, right?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

« Reply #126 on: October 14, 2016, 07:29:10 pm »
On one hand, I believe we should include shipping in that $50.  On the other hand, most folks don't ship efficiently, so they wind up wasting money on shipping rather than the gifts.

Also, folks who have out of country SS will kind of get the shaft.  I tried to go above for my giftee last year, but shipping out of country still cost me about $15.

davifus

« Reply #127 on: October 14, 2016, 07:38:58 pm »
On one hand, I believe we should include shipping in that $50.  On the other hand, most folks don't ship efficiently, so they wind up wasting money on shipping rather than the gifts.

Also, folks who have out of country SS will kind of get the shaft.  I tried to go above for my giftee last year, but shipping out of country still cost me about $15.

$26 for me
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #128 on: October 14, 2016, 07:54:31 pm »

$26 for me
Yeah, that's kind of my point, it's a large part of why if it can be helped set people together in the same country where you can.

I think I made the offer last year to kind of write up a little post with tips on how to ship efficiently.

soera

« Reply #129 on: October 15, 2016, 09:07:31 pm »
5 more days to sign up! Clarification on things - I know a few people have went ahead and sent me a wishlist now but thats what the week after the signups is for. $50 price point is value, not spent. If you can get a $50 package together for $20, then you did good and your recipient will still be happy. As far as shipping goes, that should be considered in your budget. It sucks for the people in other countries but thats how it rolls. Its known that shipping sucks sometimes and Ive mentioned the overseas thing almost every year so people who live in a non US country should expect that part of their gift is that. One thing that was mentioned in the past is buying from maybe Ebay or Amazon in the giftee's country and just having it sent that way.

If I missed your name on the list so far, poke me and let me know.

theflea

« Reply #130 on: October 15, 2016, 09:48:47 pm »
I did this last year and it was fun, I guess I can try this again.

Just please have a large list of items on your wish list to pick from.
Last year I got a list of ALL high value items but a couple (lucky I had an extra of one of those items.)  ;)
If you ask for Little Samson or Stadium Events your not getting it. lol  :P
"Happy game hunting!!!"

mrnikon

« Reply #131 on: October 17, 2016, 10:55:43 am »
I did this last year and it was fun, I guess I can try this again.

Just please have a large list of items on your wish list to pick from.
Last year I got a list of ALL high value items but a couple (lucky I had an extra of one of those items.)  ;)
If you ask for Little Samson or Stadium Events your not getting it. lol  :P

So Flintstones 2 is OK to ask you for?

« Reply #132 on: October 17, 2016, 01:15:28 pm »
I done quadrupled the size of my wishlist just for SS.  After X-mas I'll cut it back down again.

kashell

« Reply #133 on: October 17, 2016, 04:05:28 pm »
Secret Santa is the only time I actually use the Wish List feature.

soera

« Reply #134 on: October 19, 2016, 01:59:35 pm »
Tomorrow is the last day to sign up. Friday, I will give a week for wish lists. If you do not send in a wish list in that week, I will remove you from the list. I do not want to deal with the hassle Ive had before of people trying to get in late and having to rearrange everything. I will send out emails to everyone once that week is over giving everyone their recipient. You will have 3-4 weeks to buy and an additional 3-4 weeks to send. Basically 8 or so weeks to buy a gift and send it out to get it there by Christmas.