Author Topic: October 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 12922 times)

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

Re: October 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: October 04, 2016, 04:41:27 pm »
Dang I got lucky! I was at a toy store today and they had MadWorld brand new just lying around in a bargain bin for €8,50! This game always looked interesting to me, and now that thanks to Bayonetta and Metal Gear Rising Revengeance I've fallen in love with PlatinumGames I just had to get it! What a steal!

Also picked up a Wii U screen protector. I don't even have a Wii U yet, but I'm going to get one in the not-so-distant future and €3,50 isn't much for a screen protector and stylus.

Now the Tears For Fears song is stuck in my head.

shfan

« Reply #16 on: October 04, 2016, 05:35:51 pm »
Having Tears for Fears stuck in your head is like having a wad of banknotes stuck in your wallet - nice. Must admit Head Over Heels and Everybody Wants to Rule the World are my faves, but Mad World's tasty.

Last week I got a few interesting finds, a few Xbox 360 FPS I don't have already (Quake Wars, one of the Unreals), got a boxed Beatmania PS1 controller/game, also got a Corvo from Dishonored face mask made from plasticky/fibreglass material, there's a crack on the bottom of the chin, but you can't see it if the mask is on the wall for instance. Not sure if the mask is a promotional item, part of a special edition set or a hand-made thing. Intend to get a few photos up, maybe you guys can shed some light. Intend to wall-mount it somewhere.

maximo310

« Reply #17 on: October 04, 2016, 09:45:46 pm »
Not much this week, besides my Caladrius Blaze (PS4) came in the mail, and I got:
Guilty Gear XX Accent Core (Wii,CIB) -$9
Sphinx and the Cursed Mummy ( GC, CIB)- $11

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: October 04, 2016, 09:48:47 pm »
Deadpool-PS4

« Reply #19 on: October 05, 2016, 06:35:31 pm »
Picked these up at goodwill:
Gran Turismo 3 A-Spec PS2 Cib 1.49$
MVP Baseball 2005 PS2 Cib 1.67$
Call Of Duty Finest Hour PS2 Cib 1.67$
Dune 2000 PS1 Missing manual 3.33$
PS2 Slim 10$

« Reply #20 on: October 06, 2016, 08:10:13 am »
I finally got a SNES today :D   I caved in and reminded myself. All this time SNES always kept slipping me lol. I'm so excited to have all my childhood memories back in my collection. :)

I also got Super Mario World cart with a Manual. I might piece out a box separate down the road.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for lesser known, odd ball games to seek for SNES? :)  I already know a lot of the cult classics but I want to keep my eye out for lesser known gems that are worth trying :D

« Last Edit: October 06, 2016, 08:18:26 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #21 on: October 06, 2016, 08:59:11 am »
I finally got a SNES today :D   I caved in and reminded myself. All this time SNES always kept slipping me lol. I'm so excited to have all my childhood memories back in my collection. :)

I also got Super Mario World cart with a Manual. I might piece out a box separate down the road.

Does anyone have any reccomendations for lesser known, odd ball games to seek for SNES? :)  I already know a lot of the cult classics but I want to keep my eye out for lesser known gems that are worth trying :D

This is an expensive road to go down, that SNES collecting. 

You can't go wrong with the Disney games.  I'm big on those right now.  Aladdin, Magical Quest, Maui Mallard

Plok is another good one.

Then there's all the usual suspects: Super Metroid, Super Punch-Out!!, Yoshi's Island, Link to the Past... etc

« Reply #22 on: October 06, 2016, 09:01:35 am »
I've consistently been told that Rocky Rodent is an underrated gem.

« Reply #23 on: October 06, 2016, 05:16:30 pm »

Off the top of my head, I'd suggest Aerobiz (and it's sequel, Aerobiz Supersonic), Metal Warriors (one of the best Multiplayer games for the SNES in my opinion), Metal Marines, Twisted Tales of Spike McFang, Tin Star, & U.N. Squadron

spac316

« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2016, 08:44:06 pm »
Recently got Tetris Evolution for XBox 360 and Samba De Amigo for Wii.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #25 on: October 06, 2016, 11:06:27 pm »

This is an expensive road to go down, that SNES collecting. 

You can't go wrong with the Disney games.  I'm big on those right now.  Aladdin, Magical Quest, Maui Mallard

Plok is another good one.

Then there's all the usual suspects: Super Metroid, Super Punch-Out!!, Yoshi's Island, Link to the Past... etc

Super Metroid, Link to the Past, Donkey Kong Country, and Super Mario World are MUST HAVES if you own a SNES. They're usual suspects for a reason. I'd still put those titles up against any modern-day title. I'd say Chrono Trigger, as well, but that's getting into the ridiculous price-range, just get it on Nintendo eShop if you have a Wii U or 3DS.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #26 on: October 07, 2016, 03:42:58 am »

Get yourself:
Batman Returns
Super Smash TV

:)

I rolled the dice on a repro...

It has:
Flinstones 1 & 2
Ducktales 1 & 2
Little Samson

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: October 07, 2016, 09:03:25 am »

It has:
Flinstones 1 & 2
Ducktales 1 & 2
Little Samson

That's one way to knock the big boys off the list.

Man, I hope it works.  Everyone should play Little Samson.  It's a little easy, but it's a damn fine game.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #28 on: October 07, 2016, 12:02:00 pm »

It has:
Flinstones 1 & 2
Ducktales 1 & 2
Little Samson

That's one way to knock the big boys off the list.

Man, I hope it works.  Everyone should play Little Samson.  It's a little easy, but it's a damn fine game.

It was $36 (free shipping). Ducktales 1 plays at hyper speed. Everything else plays fine. Little Samson is the famicom version in Japanese. Everything else is in English. It has a simple menu to select the game. It must be protected as a Pal region game because it only works in my nes that has its lockout chip disabled.

5 minutes in to Little Samson, I'm not regretting it. I already have Ducktales 1 & 2 legit.

doafan

« Reply #29 on: October 07, 2016, 12:34:50 pm »

http://i68.tinypic.com/15ei9o5.jpg

Need to know where did you buy this beauty also is there anyway to change the titles for another ones ?, in the other hand I do need to return to the physical copies cause my latest two purchases were again digital, finally after a couple of months decided to add to my collection Sonic & Knuckles and most because of my daughter, still can belive that she love this character more than Mario but is her choice and I respect that also added Tekken Tag Tournament 2 to the collection even when the one that I really want to play is the seven part of this franchise also have purchased another two costumes for my ladies of DOA5  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy