Author Topic: October 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 12974 times)

theflea

Re: October 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #60 on: October 15, 2016, 08:45:51 pm »
Well garage sale season is pretty much over here. There was only a few this weekend but I found nothing.
Spent too much this weekend anyway. lol
Here's what I did pick up in the last 2 weeks.

PS4
- The Playstation VR Launch Set  ;D
I tried it out and I was impressed how well it looked. Its light and easy to set up.
My only issue is the games out for it at the moment feel like they are all tech demos.
- Playstation VR Worlds (came with headset)
- Playstation VR Demos (came with headset)
- Batman Arkham VR
- Until Dawn: Rush of Blood
Also got in the mail...
- Thomas Was Alone
- Mystery Chronicle One Way Heroics

VITA
- Thomas Was Alone
- Mystery Chronicle One Way Heroics
- Criminal Girls 2 - Limited Edition with Party Bag
- Valkyrie Drive with Limited Edition (kinda disappointed the game is not inside the collector's box)

XBone
- Mafia III - Collector's Edition
- Gears of War 4 - Ultimate Edition

Picked these up from my local used game store.
PS2
- Resident Evil 4 - Premium Edition
- Persona 3 (complete with artbook and Soundtrack
- Growlancer Generations Deluxe (complete everything it had is in the box.)

A local used book store had a bunch of games marked at $2-$3, I picked out these.
XB360
- Phantasy Star Universe
Wii
- Barbie The Island Princess
NDS
- De Blob 2
- Jane's Hotel (sealed)
PS2
- SOCOM 3
XB
- Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time
- Robotech Battlecry
- Goldeneye: Rouge Agent
GEN
- Hardball (CIB)

SNES
And last a game I just wanted to play, It's one of those games you really can only own a reproduction due to an original is not even known if it exists. lol If you don't know what this game is look up the AVGN review on it.  :P
- Hong Kong 97

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 10:11:36 pm by theflea »
"Happy game hunting!!!"

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #61 on: October 15, 2016, 11:04:42 pm »
Today's local pick-ups. Super rare collector's edition of Drakengard:

« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 12:00:25 am by burningdoom »

azure

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2016, 12:43:28 am »

That's some pretty nice handwriting.

Flashback2012

« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2016, 10:38:29 am »

Ermagherd teh RAREZ Supar Limit-ted Edishun Draw Yer Own Insert Covur!!!!1!!  :o

I picked up Touhou Gensou Rondo: Bullet Ballet from Gamestop. It was $49.99 and the bar code when put into Amazon shows it to be the Limited Edition but when I look at pictures of it on their site and on the NIS site, it seems to be lacking a bigger outer box. The box I have is the same size as a Blu-Ray box but like 3x thicker. I haven't opened it yet to see if it has all of the contents inside (I'm assuming I did but from the pics it looks like the box is bigger than the case?). Anyone with a copy purchased from NIS able to help me out?  :P

azure

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2016, 11:10:41 am »

Also got a Cubone plush from my significant other. Been wanting a decent Cubone plush to exist for quite sometime, since its my favorite Pokemon.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2016, 01:53:57 pm »
While on Vacation in Kaua'i Hawaii I stoped by the only GameStop on the island.

It was interesting to see how supply and demand shapes the prices.

I saw many games here that are simply nowhere to be found on the mainland.

Stuff I saw but passed up: Fire Emblem all the recent ones. Trails of Cold Steel, Alan Wake, Giana Sisters, And lots more.

Here's what I left with:

PS3
Resident Evil 5 Gold Edition Steel Book
Ratchet and Clank All4One

PS4
Ratchet and Clank

PS Vita Screen Protectors

Renewed my GameStop membership.

Paid about $50 total.

My observation was new games are much more expensive than on the mainland. Probably due to demand outstripping supply.

But quality used games are more abundant and cheaper than on the mainland. Probably due to supply outstripping demand.

Really happy about the RE5 Steel Book. The bonus disk is all making of and behind the scenes stuff.

« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 01:59:36 pm by dashv »

spac316

« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2016, 05:10:49 pm »
I went to a soft opening of a local store's second location in my hometown the other day. Anyway, I bought a Dark Pit amiibo there.

Also just got Gears of War 4.

maximo310

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2016, 05:16:10 pm »

PS3
The funny thing is that the RE5 Steelbook is supposed to be for the regular RE5 collector's edition, so you got pretty lucky that they stuck the gold edition in there ( estenitally a GOTY version of RE5).

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #68 on: October 16, 2016, 05:27:26 pm »

PS3
The funny thing is that the RE5 Steelbook is supposed to be for the regular RE5 collector's edition, so you got pretty lucky that they stuck the gold edition in there ( estenitally a GOTY version of RE5).

Oh snap!

You are totally right!

:) feeling all kinds of special right now!

Flashback2012

« Reply #69 on: October 17, 2016, 10:51:46 am »
Hit up the flea markets on Sunday, managed to find some water/filler titles.

First Flea:
1080 Avalanche (GC) $4 (booth had it marked 50% off)
MotoGP 2 (PS2) $2 (same booth)

Second Flea:
Bottom of the 9th (SAT)
World Series Baseball (SAT)
NFL '97 (SAT)
Links (Sega CD) - $15 for all 4, talked down from $20. I get that they're Saturn/Sega CD games and prices across the board are starting to creep up but they're still sports games.  :P The guy did have a Complete in Box Coleco Adam that had the system, printer, and who knows what else in it. The thing also had the original shipping box that it came in. He wanted $130 for it but I didn't have anywhere near that on me so I had to leave it there.

Hit up a few GameStop locations on the way back but walked out empty handed each time. All of the lower price stuff was either garbage titles I didn't want or stuff I already had.

One of the GS stores was down plaza from a Best Buy. Went in there not expecting to find anything and walked out with 3 Amiibo figures I've been wanting for a while now.

Pit (not Dark Pit)
Golden Mario (apparently no longer a Wal-Mart exclusive)
Lucina (no sign of Robin though  :()

I can only assume them being there means that Nintendo finally got around to reissuing them. Not only that but the GCU worked on them.  :D Take that you scumbag flippers/scalpers!  ;D

Last stop was a Half Price Books and in the case they had 5 boxed NES games. I can only remember the two I picked up and a Tetris 2 which I already had. The ones I picked up were The Addams Family and Bugs Bunny Birthday Blowout. Both were missing manuals but I had the book for Bugs Bunny so I was able to make it complete. They were $15 and $10 respectively.

doafan

« Reply #70 on: October 17, 2016, 11:29:08 am »
http://i.imgur.com/wBSXXD4l.jpg?1

Am curious to know how much did you pay for Haunting Ground also if it came with the manual ?  ???

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

azure

« Reply #71 on: October 17, 2016, 12:47:56 pm »
http://i.imgur.com/wBSXXD4l.jpg?1

Am curious to know how much did you pay for Haunting Ground also if it came with the manual ?  ???

$4.95, and yes it did have the manual.

« Reply #72 on: October 17, 2016, 03:37:36 pm »
I'm a pretty avid PC gamer, have been for 16 years now, so I do like to collect for PC when I can, though not as often since I rely alot on digital games and plus a lot of PC games within the past half a dozen or more years now are basically unplayable used due to online keys, but I like to grab them when I can, especially when they are a buck each! Probably the best thing about PC gaming is that it can be incredibly cheap to collect for, more so than many other systems.

« Reply #73 on: October 20, 2016, 09:57:44 pm »
Picked these up at goodwill/salvation army:
Sim City 2000 PS1 1.67$
Cabela's Big Game Hunter 1998 big box PC sealed 3.99$
NASCAR tiger lcd .24$

doafan

« Reply #74 on: October 21, 2016, 01:19:18 pm »
$4.95, and yes it did have the manual.

What a bargain but I guess that you already know how much is this game quoted at eBay or Amazon anyway I found in a garage sale a copy of Dante's Inferno for $ 13.50 the good thing is since that it was purchased locally haven't had to paid for the delivery and the bad thing is that didn't came with the manual, will try to search for it later cause right now is not a priority also have purchased another costume for Kasumi and almost a year finally decided to purchase Honoka, now I have to see if there are some good costumes for her  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy