Author Topic: October 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 12964 times)

Re: October 2016 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #75 on: October 21, 2016, 02:40:34 pm »
It's the proper Battlefield 1 release day, so grabbed that.  Bit surprised by it being purely a code in a case, even on PC.  Normally, you still get a disc and then you like install it and have to download the rest, common for modern PC gaming, but to get a case that has no DVD slot in it at all, getting just 3 pieces of paper in it is strange.  Not against digital releases, I do it all the time on PC, and even if disks are usually useless on PC, it still feels abit weird to buy it like this lol  Really was just buying it for the case for my collection since I own most BF games.

azure

« Reply #76 on: October 21, 2016, 08:55:23 pm »

Found a copy of God Hand from the same place I found Haunting Ground, very happy been wanting to play for a while.

« Reply #77 on: October 22, 2016, 10:44:17 am »

I planned to be done, but for some reason I went out after a doctor's appt.

sworddude

« Reply #78 on: October 22, 2016, 02:28:33 pm »
Some decent deals have some other stuff coming in next week

First of all an empty box with content paper work plastics inlay etc

memory card and gamecube box for nothing

Strategy guides for less than 5 euro's a piece shipping included probably less or for free
The pokemon one was for free

Cdi games all cib and in excellent shape for free especially stoked for the zelda ones was really cheap and all in excellent shape

Zelda's adventure
zelda wand of gamelon
space ace
mutant rampage
arcade classics
lucky luke
christmas country

I only had link faces of evil for the longest time but finally at last I managed to complete my zelda CDi set with the best looking european versions all UKV for free.

Also some other stuff that already came in but I'll post that next week

At least some good games in next weeks haul
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 02:39:09 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #79 on: October 22, 2016, 02:39:07 pm »
You got the Zelda CDI games for free? I mean, it's the only way anyone should get them for how ridiculously expensive they are and also being hot garbage, but that's real cool you got them that way.  They are the only Zelda things I will not get for my collection, even if the art for the first two games aren't half-bad lol

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #80 on: October 22, 2016, 03:30:12 pm »
Zelda's Adventure is the most expensive one, and that for free  8)

sworddude

« Reply #81 on: October 22, 2016, 04:02:15 pm »
You got the Zelda CDI games for free? I mean, it's the only way anyone should get them for how ridiculously expensive they are and also being hot garbage, but that's real cool you got them that way.  They are the only Zelda things I will not get for my collection, even if the art for the first two games aren't half-bad lol

Was a pretty awesome deal the games were 7,50 a pop also some less pretty zelda versions and hotel mario and even those games alone sell for more than what I paid for the lot it's pretty insane that even hotel mario is around 40 dollars and not to mention some other valuable cdi titles wich sell for around 20 a piece or more such as christmas crisis and the last bounty hunter etc.

The funny thing is that i managed to snagg zelda's adventure twice in that very week for bargains it's insane, my copy is pretty much mint though and yes I made a nice profit while keeping em even without the 2nd zelda's adventure :p

As for quality titles I'd have to say this was my worst week by far :p Fortunately I made some awesome deals with good titles wich I'll show next week. I already have some nice titles wich came in already but I'll post those along with next weeks pick ups.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 04:03:46 pm by sworddude »

maximo310

« Reply #82 on: October 22, 2016, 07:01:21 pm »
Got a few things last week:

Goodwill:
Time Crisis 3 w/ Guncon bundle (PS2, CIB)- $8
Street Fighter Alpha Anthology (PS2, CIB) - $4
Everything or Nothing 007 (GC-CIB)-$4
Super Bust a Move (PS2, CIB)-$4
Tetris Worlds- (GC, CB)- $4
XCOM Enemy Unkown ( X360, CIB)- $2
Mass Effect 1 ( X360, CIB) -$2
Fable 1 (OG Xbox, CIB) -$2
Air Combat (PS1 gh jewel case, CIB)- $1

GS ( had a bunch of powerup points and applied them for a bunch of stuff
The Conduit: Special Edition ( Wii, CIB)- $3.59 - upgrade
Aquapazza: Aquaplus Dream Match (PS3, CIB)- $4.49
Onechanbra: Bikini Zombie Slayers ( Wii, CIB)- $1.79 upgrade
Cross Edge (PS3,CIB) -$1.79
Arcana Heart 3: Love Max!!!! ( PS3, CIB)- free

Was gonna get a GC  CIB Harry potter bundle today with the pricey version of the sorcerors stone, but the person broke off the deal at the last minute and sold it without telling me.

Update: Found Futurama ( Xbox, CIB) for $4 at Goodwill. I was pretty surprised, but happy to knock down one of the harder xbox titles down.
« Last Edit: November 01, 2016, 10:26:34 pm by maximo310 »

NickAwesome

PRO Supporter

« Reply #83 on: October 22, 2016, 10:12:42 pm »

Fun day at the Portland Retro Gaming Expo!  So much haggling and deals.

Some highlights

Armored Core PS1 - $5
Mario Kart Double Dash GC -$20
Super Mario Sunshine GC- $30
Sky Gunner PS2- $30
The Raiden Project PS1- $30
and so many ps1 games for cheap

Also the Limited Run guys were there and selling all of their remaining stock for $25 a game.  Snagged one of the last few copies of Futuridium PS4.  They did not have any Oddworld copies unfortunately. :(  They have a ton of extra copies of some of the more recent releases. 

Going back for Day 2 tomorrow. 

« Reply #84 on: October 22, 2016, 11:47:08 pm »
Went to a retro gaming meetup today and umm, well I went a little crazy. Everything was a great deal, but yeah, there were so many excellent games I wanted that this was literally being selective with just what you see here. All the console boxes are just boxes with no consoles, but they were all free, even the PS1 rental case was free.

sworddude

« Reply #85 on: October 23, 2016, 06:07:50 am »
Went to a retro gaming meetup today and umm, well I went a little crazy. Everything was a great deal, but yeah, there were so many excellent games I wanted that this was literally being selective with just what you see here. All the console boxes are just boxes with no consoles, but they were all free, even the PS1 rental case was free.

Nice one on the ps1 rental case, I've also seen some different ones here in europe they are quite expensive though pretty nice that you got em for free.

« Reply #86 on: October 23, 2016, 08:01:51 am »

Warmsignal

« Reply #87 on: October 23, 2016, 01:34:35 pm »
I've now completed my Deception series collection with a decent deal on Dark Delusion yesterday. The series still seems to be quite under the radar for some reason.

dashv

PRO Supporter

« Reply #88 on: October 23, 2016, 09:38:59 pm »
I just made a deal on a $100 XBone. What games should I get that I can't get on PS4?
Sunset overdrive
Killer instinct definitive
Ori & the blind forest

^ this

Also,

Quantum Break
Alan Wake
Alan Wakes American Nightmare (comes free with Quantum Break)
Shovel Knight (digital only but has battletoads content)
Duke Nukem Manhatten Project (digital only, but only console version released)

azure

« Reply #89 on: October 24, 2016, 04:40:05 pm »

Finally found Killer is Dead for a good price.