Author Topic: What games will you play in celebration of Halloween?  (Read 2669 times)

What games will you play in celebration of Halloween?
« on: October 11, 2016, 11:32:36 am »
October is the month a lot of people like to get out the horror movies and video games to get into the Halloween spirit. I was wondering if any of you have a specific list of games you wanna play this month?

My list would be:
Fatal Frame 1 and 2
Resident Evil Remastered
Manhunt
Dead Space
Sanitarium
Siren Blood Curse
FEAR 3
Silent Hill

Re: What games will you play in celebration of Halloween?
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2016, 11:36:51 am »
I was planning on playing Vampire the Maquarade: Bloodlines on the PC, however I have not got to it yet. Given it's a pretty lengthy game I doubt that I can beat it by Halloween which definitely dampens my desire to play it. I may play something else instead that I know can be beat by then.

azure

« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2016, 11:45:13 am »
I'll just name a few that come off the top of my head.

Monster Party
Costume Quest
Shade Man's Stage in Mega Man 7
Resident Evil
Fatal Frame
Haunting Ground
Animal Crossing
Silent Hill
Castlevania

kashell

« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2016, 11:49:30 am »
I'm going through Fatal Frame III: The Tormented at the moment. I'm only on the first chapter, but I'm really liking what I'm seeing so far.

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2016, 11:54:17 am »
I usually play Costume Quest every year, but I fired up Yo-kai Watch this weekend and am really enjoying it! Hey, there're still ghosts and dark stories in this kid's game :P
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kam1kaz3nl77

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: October 11, 2016, 11:54:34 am »
Gonna do some oldies:

Catacombs 3D (DOS)
Monster Bash (DOS)

Upcoming Pre-orders:

aliensstudios

« Reply #6 on: October 11, 2016, 11:59:57 am »
Scooby Doo's Maze Chase (INTV) & Scooby Doo Mystery (SNES)
Ghoul School (NES)
Monster Party (NES)
Luigi's Mansion (GCN) and Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon (N3DS)
Splatterhouse (TG16), Splatterhouse 2 (Gen), Splatterhouse 3 (Gen) & Splatterhouse Wanpaku Graffiti (NES)

I would play Among the Sleep (PS4) but I recently played through that game twice and it's not really a "Halloween" type game anyway.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #7 on: October 11, 2016, 12:02:00 pm »
Currently doing Haunting Ground.  Will likely play Costume Quest 1 and 2.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: October 11, 2016, 01:41:11 pm »
I've already been playing through a lot of the Resident Evils, later ones that I didn't like as much. Trying to give them a good chance.

desocietas

« Reply #9 on: October 11, 2016, 02:22:48 pm »
I would play Among the Sleep (PS4) but I recently played through that game twice and it's not really a "Halloween" type game anyway.

Yeah, I see friends playing that for October but it's more like a depressing childhood kinda game... :/
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

indenton

« Reply #10 on: October 11, 2016, 03:32:54 pm »
let's see, maybe I should finally play REmake, Resident Evil 4 or Code Veronica X

OOOWW!!! I might get too scared, I have Luigi's Mansion on back-up.  Maximo is looking likely though

doafan

« Reply #11 on: October 11, 2016, 08:30:05 pm »
Started to play Haunting Ground and not because it's October, just because I wanted to see Fiona's Illegal in some states costume but now that you gave me the idea I will try to play, Alone in the Dark: The New Nightmare, Splatterhouse, Gargoyle's Quest II, hard to admit it but haven't finished this three ones and maybe if I manage to get some extra time the old and good Parasite Eve  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: October 11, 2016, 08:51:55 pm »
let's see, maybe I should finally play REmake, Resident Evil 4 or Code Veronica X

OOOWW!!! I might get too scared, I have Luigi's Mansion on back-up.  Maximo is looking likely though

REmake is one of the best remakes of anything I've ever played. Code Veronica X is like the grand swan-song of the old-style games. Overstays it's welcome a little bit, but still very good if you like the old-style games.

maximo310

« Reply #13 on: October 11, 2016, 11:18:23 pm »
I need to get the second maximo game at some point, but I will probably play deathsmiles and go for a 1cc since its pretty easy for that game.

aliensstudios

« Reply #14 on: October 12, 2016, 07:38:13 pm »

Yeah, I see friends playing that for October but it's more like a depressing childhood kinda game... :/
It's one of the most unique games ever made. I wouldn't call it scary, but more psychological. Yes, there certainly are some frightening images and scenes, but it's more a game about keeping those you love close to you.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 08:38:40 pm by aliensstudios »
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."