Author Topic: Your favorite Dragon Quest/Warrior games  (Read 944 times)

Your favorite Dragon Quest/Warrior games
« on: October 15, 2016, 08:54:47 pm »
Part of the reason I created this thread was to get an idea of where to start in the series and what others feel is the best in the series or the ones you should start. I hear this series is excellent and i have admittedly never played one.

azure

Re: Your favorite Dragon Quest/Warrior games
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2016, 09:04:46 pm »
Picking a favorite would be difficult. As for where to start I would suggest 4/5, specifically the DS/Mobile ports.

soera

« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2016, 09:10:13 pm »
My favorites are VII, VIII, and heroes. I have yet to crack into Builders to give a serious opinion of it.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2016, 09:12:42 pm »
It has always been the first 4.

In that order: 4,1,3,2

« Last Edit: October 15, 2016, 09:18:01 pm by retrogemcollector »

« Reply #4 on: October 15, 2016, 10:38:40 pm »
The first one is my personal favorite and I still go through and play it to this day along with star tropics. That said the best one to start with would be 8. That is agreed by a lot to be the best and one of the more accessible entries in the series. The 7 remake on the 3DS isn't a bad choice ethier.

« Reply #5 on: October 15, 2016, 10:45:51 pm »
I've only played Dragon Quest Heroes and Dragon Quest Builders lol Wasn't very impressed by DQH, it wasn't nearly as good as Hyrule Warriors so I only played it for an hour or two.  I'm a couple hours into DQB and enjoying it, but it's a pretty simple game and not expecting too much with it, though I believe its supposed to have a connection to the first game.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: October 15, 2016, 10:59:53 pm »
Dragon Quest IV & VI.

I love how in IV all the individual character's stories come together before they become a party and each character has their own story first.

With VI, I loved traveling through the two worlds back forth and seeing people "awaken" to the truth, and then how that affected the other world.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 09:35:52 pm by burningdoom »

hexen

« Reply #7 on: October 16, 2016, 02:49:29 pm »
VII by a long shot. The amount of content is ridiculous, the jobs and abilities are so numerous, I love the side quests and I really enjoy the way the story is split into islands giving a lot of variety.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

undertakerprime

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: October 16, 2016, 03:34:11 pm »
I'm not sure I'm qualified to answer as I've only played 2 DW games, 1 and VIII, but VIII is one of my favorite RPGs ever.

kashell

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 09:05:49 am »
I've only played I, II and III on the Game Boy Color. The only I one I actually finished was I. So, I guess that would be my favorite?

I hear that VIII is a great choice for people that don't know where to begin since it's more modern.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 06:41:54 pm »
I just started DQ VII for 3DS today, never have played the original PS1 version as a comparison. So this is a whole new DQ game, for me. So far I'm enjoying it. It's a bit different and familiar at the same time.