Author Topic: Do you think I'm crazy if i get more then 1 versions of my favorite games  (Read 2000 times)

lordscott

& if i choose to and i thought what the heck and ask because honestly i don't know am i really crazy for this and please allow me to explain before you answer this question some games have some extra contents in that special edition/limited edition/premium editions etc. i don't have in my collection yet even though i already have/own the game &/or soundtrack CD of it if it comes with the game.

& i honestly i don't know am i crazy for this because i admit that some i might want to added to my collection and don't worry that game &/or soundtrack CD of it if it comes with the game will be my back up copy just in case if my old copy no longer works anymore and like i said if that game is 1 of my favorite games what if i end up getting more then 1 versions of that game.

Anyway if you want to share your opinions please be completely honest with me no matter how harsh it is & MOD if this question is too far or not allowed to be asked you have my permission to delete or remove it I'm just wondering since some games have more then 1 versions and some don't & some have extra stuff that comes with the game and some don't if that makes sense.

Just wondering am i crazy if i ever do get more then 1 versions of a game mainly my favorite games thanks for reading,thanks for your opinions and thanks for your honesty and to end it no I'm not seeking approvals I'm only checking & asking your opinions to see what do you think about those more then 1 versions/editions :).

Nope. I have most versions of the various Resident Evil games out there, and truth be told it isn't even a top series of mine.

azure

No, I have various versions of some of my favorite games.

I have plenty of games where I've bought the game for multiple systems, but I don't really buy another version for the same system unless I'm going to get rid of the other. I don't see a need to own the base game, the collector's edition, the greatest hits edition, the Wal-Mart exclusive avatar pants edition, the different colored package edition, and the collection pack all at the same time.

The only exception would be if there's actually a reason to own the multiples, like how Arkham Asylum and Witcher III's GOTY editions are considered separate games so achievements can be stacked.

It's only natural for a collector to seek out every version of something they like. For me:

Super Mario Bros.: black box, w/Duck Hunt, w/DH&WCTM, SMB DX, 3DS eShop, All-Stars (Wii)
Super Mario Bros. 3: NES (x2), Famicom, GBA, Virtual Console Wii & WiiU
Yoshi's Island: SNES (x2), SFC, GBA
Bubble Bobble: NES, FDS, GB, GBA
Legend of Zelda: NES (x2), FDS, 3DS eShop, GC Collector's Edition
Super Mario 64: NA, JPN, JPN(Rumble ver.), DS, DS(JPN), official soundtrack
Zelda OoT: NA, JPN, 3DS, GC Collector's Edition

Those are just the big offenders I can think of.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 03:20:04 am by badATchaos »

I have Ocarina of Time on N64, the Japanese version, the one that comes on Gamecube, and the 3DS version.  Think that's the most copies of one game I have right now.

retromangia

PRO Supporter

your not alone brotha  ;)

your secret is safe with us... don't sweat it!

lordscott

your not alone brotha  ;)

your secret is safe with us... don't sweat it!

No it's not a secret ,if you don't want to keep it a secret you don't have to keep it a secret & no I'm ashamed of it :). I was just wondering when I'm asking this question & when i thought of this question
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 09:23:37 am by lordscott »

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

That is extra cra cra. Just kidding, do what you gotta do
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

tripredacus

I collect print variations. :p

Flashback2012

No more crazy than the rest of us. I have numerous ports/iterations of Pac-Man alone not to mention the various Mario Bros./Super Mario Bros. repeats.  :P

I personally don't see a point unless one of the version was a re-release with enhancements or a remaster, but if you enjoy buying all the different variants keep doing so. :)

dashv

PRO Supporter

I am a sucker for getting special editions after the fact.

Case in point my latest pickup:
http://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,7738.msg128297.html#msg128297

I also am a sucker for remasters. Same game with better graphics, audio, and additional content!? Yes please! Just makes a great game better!

Then even when I have a better version I have trouble letting the old versions go.

Anytime I do I later regret it because I discover there is some bug fixed or gameplay element tweaked that I miss from the original. (Like world -1 is not reachable in Super Mario All-Stars.)
« Last Edit: October 16, 2016, 05:42:51 pm by dashv »

turf

PRO Supporter

You asked the wrong crowd. We all do it. I have all the iterations of several series: Super Mario Bros, Mega Man, etc.

Then I even got into buying variants if NES games. Label variants, 3 & 5 screw, and so on. Did you know Wayne Gretzky Hockey on the NES had 3 different labels?

kashell

It's not crazy at all. Off the top of my head:

Tales of the Abyss: PlayStation 2 and 3DS. Fun fact, I spent close to 100 hours in both versions.

Tales of Phantasia: FVE (PSP) and Narikiri Dungeon X (PSP)

Breath of Fire III: PS, PSP

Power Stone (2): PSP, DC

You're in good company.