Author Topic: Motha Effin Skylanders  (Read 2716 times)

soera

Motha Effin Skylanders
« on: October 17, 2016, 02:22:01 pm »
So the next game has been released. Its available on basically every platform current and last gen. Plus there is a dark version for most platforms and the Crash edition for the PS4. Not to mention they didnt mess around with holding back on the character releases. Almost everything is already available except for a select few crystals and maybe 2-3 characters. With that said, this morning I picked up PS4 dark edition with 16 characters, 4 of the crystals, and the expansion pack which includes another character and crystal.

Re: Motha Effin Skylanders
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2016, 02:34:19 pm »
How much did that run you?

This is why I never jumped on any of these.  It has to be murder on the wallet.

azure

« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2016, 02:35:24 pm »
That's some dedication.

hexen

« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2016, 03:11:01 pm »
Seeing as how I ended up getting most of the Skylanders, I'll probably eventually get all that too... just not in one crazy burst. If I learned anything from the last batch it's that I'm going to wait on the dark versions to go on sale, because they aren't as limited as I thought. I hope Crash eventually gets an individual release because I need to get the Wii U version, as it's the only current gen console I own.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2016, 03:29:45 pm »
Seeing as how I ended up getting most of the Skylanders, I'll probably eventually get all that too... just not in one crazy burst. If I learned anything from the last batch it's that I'm going to wait on the dark versions to go on sale, because they aren't as limited as I thought. I hope Crash eventually gets an individual release because I need to get the Wii U version, as it's the only current gen console I own.
Crash probably won't work on any platform other than PS4.

aliensstudios

« Reply #5 on: October 17, 2016, 04:41:51 pm »
Good grief! Although I can't say much, on the launch day of Super Smash Bros. for Wii U I had a similar haul of amiibo, the game, GameCube controllers and an adaptor. Looks pretty cool though, hope you enjoy!
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2016, 04:49:50 pm »
I'm holding off until Christmas.  I don't know how interested The Boy is in the new one.  Besides, there's those sweet buy one get one deals black Friday

rayne315

« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2016, 04:59:39 pm »
I'm holding off until Christmas.  I don't know how interested The Boy is in the new one.  Besides, there's those sweet buy one get one deals black Friday

or wait till they are in gamestops buy 2 get 3 free section  ;) I don't have THAT many maybe only 20 but I spent only about $15-20 on them
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #8 on: October 17, 2016, 06:11:52 pm »
or wait till they are in gamestops buy 2 get 3 free section  ;) I don't have THAT many maybe only 20 but I spent only about $15-20 on them

This. There's no need to buy any Skylanders new. After 6 months they will all be reduced or sold as buy 2 get 3 free. I have hundreds and spent probably $2 a piece on them.

hexen

« Reply #9 on: October 17, 2016, 06:37:07 pm »
Crash probably won't work on any platform other than PS4.

I looked it up, and apparently unlike the Skymiibo it does, unless the source was lying to me.
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #10 on: October 17, 2016, 07:00:23 pm »
This. There's no need to buy any Skylanders new. After 6 months they will all be reduced or sold as buy 2 get 3 free. I have hundreds and spent probably $2 a piece on them.

Not always. There are a few that wind up being pains to find. Trap Team was the worst with the Kaos Trap, Sun Spot, Blackout, Echo, Sunscraper Spire, and Midnight Museum all being relative pains to get for MSRP or less. Superchargers wasn't too bad, with regular Thrillerpede and his vehicle being the hardest to get.

Anyhoo, I'm starting a bit light myself, with just the base game and Kaos (who is still in the mail for some odd reason). But, considering that I have a standing army of around 150 of them (not counting series 2/3 or repaints, only missing 8 skylanders across all the previous games), I think I'll be fine.

Still, I'll be getting achievement solutions up on True Achievements as soon as I can, just like with the others.

washerdryercombo

« Reply #11 on: October 17, 2016, 08:50:29 pm »
I'm really glad I stopped after Swap Force. I asked myself "More damn plastic figures or buy a house to put my collection in?". It was a wise choice.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: October 17, 2016, 09:23:24 pm »

Not always. There are a few that wind up being pains to find. Trap Team was the worst with the Kaos Trap, Sun Spot, Blackout, Echo, Sunscraper Spire, and Midnight Museum all being relative pains to get for MSRP or less. Superchargers wasn't too bad, with regular Thrillerpede and his vehicle being the hardest to get.

Anyhoo, I'm starting a bit light myself, with just the base game and Kaos (who is still in the mail for some odd reason). But, considering that I have a standing army of around 150 of them (not counting series 2/3 or repaints, only missing 8 skylanders across all the previous games), I think I'll be fine.

Still, I'll be getting achievement solutions up on True Achievements as soon as I can, just like with the others.

The Boy has them all... all of them... for every game...  Shit, I sunk a ton of money into them.  We don't have any chase variants, but we have all the standard releases.

The problem with waiting is that they're not for me.  My son loved (or loves) these things. We've chased and hunted and sought out all these things.  I was honestly hoping the series had ended.  At least they're not hard to find anymore.  With Superchargers, they were all easy to find and plentyful.  I hope that carries over.

« Reply #13 on: October 17, 2016, 11:26:22 pm »
I hope that carries over.

Agreed. It sucked waiting almost half a year for them to rerelease the Kaos Trap so you didn't need to pay $75 for something with a $5 shelf tag.

I was honestly hoping the series had ended.
I doubt it will end for quite some time, as this is Activision we're talking about. Look how they've pumped out CoD and Guitar Hero. Though, with the creat-your-own approach, it seems like they're about out of gimmicks now. With them trying to make more of a multimedia franchise with the comics and TV series, I can see them going away from the toys in the future, making a straight up adventure game, where the old toys have unlocks in the game, like how amiibos are now.

« Reply #14 on: October 19, 2016, 12:43:05 am »
As a little heads up/warning, stay away from the imaginator blind bags. They are effectively a physical version of the in-game microtransactions as they are a one-time use (once per save file) item that grants a few imaginator pieces. Only get them if you really want one of the game chests in plastic form.