Author Topic: The Nintendo Switch (Formerly NX) - March 2017  (Read 19102 times)

rayne315

Re: The Nintendo Switch (Formerly NX) - March 2017
« Reply #45 on: October 20, 2016, 03:22:52 pm »
Pointed out by the YouTuber Jwittz the footage of splatoon had different hairstyles...Err tentaclestyles??? than the ones available on the Wii U game and Mario Kart 8 doesn't have King Boo as a playable character. So it does appear they are adding features to the ported games if these aren't the sequels.

dear god I need a sequel to Splatoon. I noticed something was off on that portion of the game but I just couldn't put my finger on it.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

indenton

« Reply #46 on: October 20, 2016, 03:37:12 pm »
Yea, Nintendo Switch! Bringing the thunder!  Also Atlus, Bandai Namco & Marvelous are supporting the Switch?  I wonder what 'masterpiece' Konami will grace the Switch with. 

That new Mario game they featured has me curious, I'm getting a 64 vibe from this (Most importantly not a 3D Land/World vibe). 
« Last Edit: October 20, 2016, 03:40:32 pm by indenton »

« Reply #47 on: October 20, 2016, 04:24:04 pm »
Someone posted this, I figure some of it's slightly in jest, the images that is.

« Reply #48 on: October 20, 2016, 04:33:40 pm »
Yeah the footage shown for Mario Kart and Splatoon point to likely enhanced ports of the Wii U games.  I'm pretty positive they aren't sequels and would make for easy launch material with added features and content.

desocietas

« Reply #49 on: October 20, 2016, 05:41:20 pm »
Someone posted this, I figure some of it's slightly in jest, the images that is.

Oh gawd, can you imagine the possible game titles?

Sonic Switch
Mario & Luigi: Sibling Switch
Kirby Switch Star
Mario Switch Kart X
Splatoon Switch Mania
Wii Fit Switch

This could go on, lol
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #50 on: October 20, 2016, 05:42:54 pm »
There's only one game I'm looking for.  Mighty Switch Force Switch.

pizzasafari

« Reply #51 on: October 20, 2016, 05:51:13 pm »
For real, this thing looks epic. It's been a very long time since I've cared for Nintendo consoles but this is probably going to win me over. Hell, it's been about a decade since I've been hyped for any consoles at all, let alone Nintendo. But I'm really excited.

See Nintendo, THIS is how you do it. No gimmicks, no intrusions, but still with plenty of fresh new ideas that are genuinely good ideas and don't invade your ability to just play it like you'd play any other console if you want to.

The portability functions look amazing too. I love the idea of using it as a screen anywhere and still getting to use the standard controller. Even out and about it works like a home console. Plus that thing where you can put the screen to the back of a car seat... wow.

Plus the list of developers confirmed to be doing things on it is pretty sweet. I saw Atlus on there. If Persona 5 gets ported to the Switch the landmass I sit on will collapse under the weight of my jizz.

tpugmire

« Reply #52 on: October 20, 2016, 05:58:40 pm »
Well, that's gross.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com

indenton

« Reply #53 on: October 20, 2016, 06:15:32 pm »
Well, that's gross.
Did you want to add any context to that?

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #54 on: October 20, 2016, 06:21:05 pm »
Well, that's gross.
Did you want to add any context to that?
if you need context look at the last line in LeJason's post

aliensstudios

« Reply #55 on: October 20, 2016, 09:50:42 pm »
Yeah the footage shown for Mario Kart and Splatoon point to likely enhanced ports of the Wii U games.  I'm pretty positive they aren't sequels and would make for easy launch material with added features and content.
I noticed the Mario Kart game not only had King Boo, but it also allows the driver to have two items, which to my knowledge wasn't a feature in Mario Kart 8. If the console launches with the games it showed off here, it could a pretty enticing system to pick up day one. Here's to hoping that if it is a port of Splatoon, your online data from the Wii U will carry over via the Nintendo Network
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

spac316

« Reply #56 on: October 20, 2016, 10:03:15 pm »
Ok, my thoughts.
It turned out to be what we all thought it would be, a hybrid console and hand held system. I do like the idea.
It better have a really good battery that'll last for a good while. I also hope it'll have a USB cord so we could use portable chargers.
The name "Switch" does make sense. I think it's a better name than Wii U at least.
I think when using the little controllers, they look so tiny and rather uncomfortable, especially for folks who have bigger hands, from my observation. I also hate how the d-pad looks when they're connected to the mini screen. I know it's made that way to be used as buttons when it's a stand alone controller, but as a d-pad, it'll suck especially for fighting games. Pro-controller all the way...
It also looks like it uses carts, almost a similar style on the 3DS. That's cool, but that means there could be no backwards compatibility for Wii U titles. Although, I don't see any indication if the small monitor is a touch screen or not. You would have to insert the thing into the docking device so you can play the games on the big screen. I'm not sure if you could without docking it yet. So I guess we can't play Wii U games on it. Who knows...
It looks like there could be a new 3D Mario 64 style game coming for the system. Would be nice to have a new 3D exploration Mario game again. But I also hope that it will have a solid launch line up, with exclusive titles, both from first and third parties. From the video, it looks like Mario Kart 8 and Splatoon could be ported to the system. I don't know if they were just there as place holders to show what the Switch could do or if it means we would have to buy some of the same games again.
Wouldn't be surprised if Smash 4 gets ported to it. But that would suck...I would hate to buy those games again.

« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2016, 11:21:11 pm »
Plus the list of developers confirmed to be doing things on it is pretty sweet. I saw Atlus on there. If Persona 5 gets ported to the Switch the landmass I sit on will collapse under the weight of my jizz.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm dying here LMFAO!!!!

fighterpilot562

PRO Supporter

« Reply #58 on: October 21, 2016, 12:15:07 am »
Well, that's gross.

gotta burn my brain now, that image is horrible lol
VGCs Unofficial Podcast! Be sure to sub and listen in.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCTyhaE8LSCmQN7fiHxHjyWg

Add Me: fighterpilot562 (PSN, XBL, WiiU, Steam, Origin, Steam, Twitch)

1049-2600-8730

« Reply #59 on: October 21, 2016, 05:29:49 am »
Hmm... I'm not feeling it too much, what are the specs? I do applaud Nintendo that they actually got some third-party support, however there is just something odd about it, it really doesn't look much different than a Wii U, similar sort of idea. I, of course, want one I mean Nintendo is really the really why I actually care about video games but I'm not too sure about it. Forgive me I'm not trying to write it off, I just don't have a ton of faith in Nintendo right now.