Author Topic: Do you collect all amiibos or just your favorite characters/poke'mon  (Read 2991 times)

lordscott

I don't know is it ever too late to start collecting them and to be honest I'm thinking of starting to collect them only ones to collect I'm thinking of collecting is all of my favorite characters in gaming,anime & manga & yes I'm including Poke'mon and so you know some i might make an exception and buy it in my collection.

So second part is for those of you who buys & owns a collection of amiibos is it ever too late to start collecting them?

So i thought of asking this since there a lot of them out there & yes they made some if not most or all of my favorite characters in gaming,anime & manga & yes I'm including Poke'mon & some i might buy and if you notice my wish list some are for now it's a maybe i haven't decided yet if i will buy any at all as i said some i might buy,some i won't buy & some i haven't decided yet.

Anyway thanks for reading and thanks for sharing your thoughts of amiibos with us :).
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 05:36:36 pm by lordscott »

creag4

Re: Do you collect all amiibos or just your favorite characters/poke'mon
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2016, 05:43:27 pm »
I can fairly say I collect amiibos, and I'm probably 5-6 short from a complete set w/out Cloud & Bayonetta.  A year ago it was more of a hype thing, and a massive majority of fans were collecting.  It was much easier trying to find amiibos on release, or waves, to which a series was produced and put on the shelves.  Very early on, supply was very low and demand was very high.  Some of the early series/wave amiibos were rare for quite some time, until they started to reprint some of the rarer ones as of late.  I'd say if you wanted to start collecting them go for it!  You can either collect the characters you like specifically, or try to go for a whole set, but keep in mind, even though the shelves are well-stocked now, you will more than probably have to go on the internet to buy the ones you are missing.  I believe there are still a few pricey amiibos out there.  If you have any questions let me know!  I can probably help you out!

There are collectors who prefer to open their amiibos, but I keep mine in the box... don't know why lol.  Just making it harder for me to display all of them... they take up ample amounts of space when you start to collect a bunch.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2016, 05:45:51 pm by creag4 »
Currently playing: Evo: The Search for Eden (SNES) & Persona 2: Eternal Punishment (PS1).

« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2016, 05:57:53 pm »
I am going for a full Smash set, but other than that I just pick up the ones that interest me.

« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2016, 06:38:49 pm »
Only favorite pokemon/characters for the most part. Only Fire Emblem ones I'll go out of my way to have all of them.

« Reply #4 on: November 05, 2016, 07:47:06 pm »
Pretty much only the characters I'm interested in. I'm not going to buy any of the animal crossing amiibos for instance since I've never played those games, though, I am interested in playing those games so... that could change fairly easily.

I only have 3 right now but I only bought Yoshi, my wife bought me the Yarn Yoshi and Mario, so I haven't really been the main culprit in this collection. I've got my eyes set on some of the newer ones coming out though, and that Boo that just came out, mmm.

« Reply #5 on: November 05, 2016, 08:08:34 pm »
Just what I'm interested in mostly along with a couple characters I just like by design such as Samus, Mega Man, etc.  I had a lot more, probably twice as much, but I've whittled it down to the Zelda amiibo, Splatoon, and about 5 or 6 Smash Bros ones (Will get Cloud and Bayonetta when they released) along with Shovel Knight.  Keeping it pretty small other than Zelda Amiibo are getting a little crazy with the ones out next month and then the ones out for Breath of the Wild lol

« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2016, 11:35:11 pm »
I typically pick the ones I really like out of certain waves and seek them out. Charizard and Meta Knight have slipped my grasp  but I have found many of the other ones I love for fair prices :D.

My favorites have been the Samus, the two pixel marios, MegaMan and toon link.  I love them all though, especially the ones with colorful packaging because I don't open them.

I don't think it's ever too late to collect anything lol. Their is no shot clock. Whenever you want to collect them just go for it. They are making new waves soon too.  :) 

aliensstudios

« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2016, 11:42:52 pm »
I have the entire Smash Bros. line of amiibo and a few others like Shovel Knight, 8-Bit Mario and some of the Mario characters too
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2016, 12:51:07 am »
I just went with the Smash Bros. stuff, only needing Shiek and Bowser Jr. left for a complete set of those released.

Still need to get the whole group up to level 50 though. But it's hard to work on the rest when I've already made my Amiibo of doom: Saitama, a Little Mac that can not only hit for massive damage, but has vampirism and air recovery. He can beat me in a three stock match in less than two minutes; I doubt I'll ever top that.

aliensstudios

« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2016, 11:57:06 am »
I just went with the Smash Bros. stuff, only needing Shiek and Bowser Jr. left for a complete set of those released.

Still need to get the whole group up to level 50 though. But it's hard to work on the rest when I've already made my Amiibo of doom: Saitama, a Little Mac that can not only hit for massive damage, but has vampirism and air recovery. He can beat me in a three stock match in less than two minutes; I doubt I'll ever top that.
I'd like to get all of mine up to level 50 as well, then have a massive tournament to see which one is the best
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

spac316

« Reply #10 on: November 06, 2016, 03:25:46 pm »
I'm trying to collect all of them as they come.
Although, I hear they are making an amiibo line based off of Monster Hunter. Since I am not the world's biggest fan of the franchise, I think this would be the only amiibo line I'll pass on.

soera

« Reply #11 on: November 07, 2016, 09:05:58 am »
I have all the ones I want. Just waiting on the Cloud/Bayonetta release like everyone else.

« Reply #12 on: November 07, 2016, 09:50:13 am »
I do collect them, but I'm not trying to go for a complete collection right now. I don't have the money to do that.
I currently have 32, most of which are from the Smash series. I only buy amiibo on release if they're characters I really like (Daisy, Wii Fit Trainer, Palutena, R.O.B., etc.). Otherwise I'll buy amiibo at full price if if there's still one I'd like to have and I have some money to spend. Otherwise I just look for good deals (our local toy store regularly has them at a 50% discount).

Overall I do buy plenty of amiibo, but I'm not actively trying to get a complete collection.

As for why I collect them, it's mainly just to collect them as figurines. While I do use the Smash amiibo occasionally, I don't really buy them for the in-game benefits. I just like them as statues. I mean, where else can you get so many different figures based on so many different franchises and characters? Or where else can you find merchandise based on characters like the Miis or the Wii Fit Trainer? That's a large part of why I like them so much.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

lordscott

« Reply #13 on: November 07, 2016, 10:16:48 am »
I do collect them, but I'm not trying to go for a complete collection right now. I don't have the money to do that.
I currently have 32, most of which are from the Smash series. I only buy amiibo on release if they're characters I really like (Daisy, Wii Fit Trainer, Palutena, R.O.B., etc.). Otherwise I'll buy amiibo at full price if if there's still one I'd like to have and I have some money to spend. Otherwise I just look for good deals (our local toy store regularly has them at a 50% discount).

Overall I do buy plenty of amiibo, but I'm not actively trying to get a complete collection.

As for why I collect them, it's mainly just to collect them as figurines. While I do use the Smash amiibo occasionally, I don't really buy them for the in-game benefits. I just like them as statues. I mean, where else can you get so many different figures based on so many different franchises and characters? Or where else can you find merchandise based on characters like the Miis or the Wii Fit Trainer? That's a large part of why I like them so much.

Can i say  love your pic awesome pic :).

« Reply #14 on: November 07, 2016, 11:17:26 am »
Can i say  love your pic awesome pic :).

Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.