Author Topic: Secret Santa 2016 Loot Thread  (Read 6516 times)

tafk

PRO Supporter

Secret Santa 2016 Loot Thread
« on: December 07, 2016, 06:55:00 pm »
Suggested and since I was the first one to make a post about it in the general thread I'll start this one up. Here is what I got! Thanks Santa!

Alright y'all, knowing my personality I could only looked at wrapped gifts for myself alone in my apartment so long before I cracked so I'll be the first to say I opened my package.

I LOVED it! Whoever got me in the secret santa did a great job! Got the perfect mix of games & goodies.

Looking at the wrapped objects I heard one rattling around, it sounded like mints in a container so I opened it first, and what do I find? Nintendo Power mints, very cool little collectible!

Next up were the two game case shaped gifts. These are a little easier to guess since I've had years of experience knowing what a wrapped DVD/game case looks like. I opened the first gift and it was Tales of Graces F! A great Tales of game that I have been looking for ever since I got into the Tales series again recently! Everything is in amazing condition.

Opening the other case I found another surprise, Tales of Zestiria! And this one was sealed! I have gone from a 1 game Tales backlog now to 3, so 2017 is going to be a Tales filled year for me that is for sure!

My most excited gift had to be the final one. Based on the wrapping it looked to be a GBA game and a manual. Being extremely careful not to rip the 'manual' while opening my gift I tore open the packaging to find ... a PS2 key ring. Arguably one of the coolest gifts I have received in recent memory and one I didn't even know existed. I'm not a big fan of Key Ring chains for my main set of keys but you better believe this thing is going straight on my gaming mantle as a keepsake, it is so cool (maybe even a future locked game room key could house this sucker).

Overall I had a great experience this year, weirdly enough being in this 2 years now I have only gotten actual games for the PS3 which I find funny. Whoever was my Santa rocked, yet still remains a mystery to me since no note or name was left with the gifts.

Thanks a bunch though Santa!!

karyann

Re: Secret Santa 2016 Loot Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2016, 07:10:17 pm »
Woot, so jealous of that keyring  :D Great package!

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2016, 08:18:45 pm »
Woot, so jealous of that keyring  :D Great package!

It probably cost the least and its my favorite gift for sure! Well done whoever my santa was!

realpoketendonl

« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2016, 05:55:04 am »
That's so cool! Too bad I missed the sign-up this year, but I'll definitely be joining you guys next year on this!
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

kashell

« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2016, 08:18:12 am »
I want to know who your Santa was! They did a fantastic job.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 11:36:51 am »
I totally opened mine, too.

My Secret Santa did well! Plenty of goodies. (There was also some of those flavored Tootsie Rolls, but...those are no longer available for a photo-shoot)

Thanks karyann! I love everything I got.

I've had my eye on that Action Replay for a while, just never pulled the trigger. Now I just need one for my Wii, and a GameShark for my Saturn, and I can cheat/import on all my systems!

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 04:45:42 pm »

My Secret Santa did well! Plenty of goodies. (There was also some of those flavored Tootsie Rolls, but...those are no longer available for a photo-shoot)

I've had my eye on that Action Replay for a while, just never pulled the trigger. Now I just need one for my Wii, and a GameShark for my Saturn, and I can cheat/import on all my systems!

Nice Haul!!  Love me some Rygar.  It has some of my favorite music on the NES

davifus

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 11:24:15 pm »
My package arrived today... I took a peek...

Reminds me of SS 2015

I can't get this smell off my hand.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 11:36:23 pm by davifus »
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

Flashback2012

« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2016, 01:17:20 am »
My package arrived today... I took a peek...

Reminds me of SS 2015

I can't get this smell off my hand.

The smell of deliciousness?  ???

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2016, 07:24:22 am »
Well, I got my package very early this year  8)

Love the keyrings I got - so cute  :D 
Didn't expect to get preorder bonus items (those exclusive items :P)

And of course the games - fits perfectly into my rpg collection  8)

Thank you Santa  8)

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2016, 01:22:05 pm »
What is this "horrible stench" you guys keep talking about when it comes to Tootsie Rolls? You make it sound like you were given something out of date by a few decades. They never really had a smell to me and if they did it was never a bad smell.

pacpix

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 06:55:21 pm »
Well I cracked and opened up my gift today.  Santa treated me very well!  I got Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land for the PS2, Super Mario 3D World and Shovel Knight for the Wii U, Pac-Man candy, and some nice repro Pac-Man boxes to keep my loose carts warm throughout the winter.

My Santa is a mystery again this year, but whoever you are thank you so much!  These are great additions to my collection!

I probably shouldn't have opened it until after finals week though >.>  ;D
Currently Playing: Dark Souls: Remastered (Switch)

kashell

« Reply #12 on: December 12, 2016, 08:47:42 am »
What is Moco Moco Friends? That looks adorable.

Everyone has been getting some fantastic stuff!

karyann

« Reply #13 on: December 12, 2016, 08:01:12 pm »

Glad you liked it!  :) I hope you could find the CD in the Action Replay's box, I had trouble with it at first haha.  ::)

Everybody's gifts look so neat so far! ~

tafk

PRO Supporter

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 10:03:01 pm »
Those Action Replay boxes are perplexing. I know that first hand! lol