Author Topic: Secret Santa 2016 Loot Thread  (Read 6789 times)

karyann

Re: Secret Santa 2016 Loot Thread
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2016, 10:22:14 pm »

Received my box today and could definitely not resist the temptation of opening it  :) And boy am I glad I opened it! An excellent selection, thank you Santa for spoiling me! You made this girl happy  :D

Also if you don't mind revealing yourself, I'd love to know who to thank <3

soera

« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2016, 03:47:33 am »

Selling Santa's identities! :P

kashell

« Reply #17 on: December 16, 2016, 08:36:45 am »

Received my box today and could definitely not resist the temptation of opening it  :) And boy am I glad I opened it! An excellent selection, thank you Santa for spoiling me! You made this girl happy  :D

Your Santa did a great job! You'll have to let me know what you think of Gungnir. I was never able to get into it, but I think it's because I was doing something wrong. I really need to go back and give it another shot.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: December 16, 2016, 12:59:32 pm »

I'm Glad you're happy with the selection.

kashell

« Reply #19 on: December 16, 2016, 02:56:37 pm »
Ok, as mentioned earlier, here's a link to turf and MrNikon going over their gifts and me opening my gift. I open my gifts around the 28:00 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkgDkGKVaFA

It can't be said enough, thanks so much to Deso aka Lady D for my fantastic gifts. She gave me the Tales of Symphonia artbook, The Suffering, The Suffering: The Ties That Bind, Siren and Ghosthunter! I love how the games had a survival/horror theme to them. Plus, she included a wonderful card, some delicious Ghirardelli Chocolate squares, and an amusing reindeer sucker. I truly feel like the luckiest d00d on here.

Also, if you continue to watch after the gifts get opened, you'll hear a story about how I acquired another game I've wanted for a long time: Kuon for the PlayStation 2.

I'm not sure what I'm going to play first; I love having so much choice! I'm thinking I'm going to go with Siren as soon as I finish getting the platinum in Shadow Complex. Thanks again, Lady D!

desocietas

« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2016, 03:45:18 pm »
Ok, as mentioned earlier, here's a link to turf and MrNikon going over their gifts and me opening my gift. I open my gifts around the 28:00 minute mark.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zkgDkGKVaFA

It can't be said enough, thanks so much to Deso aka Lady D for my fantastic gifts. She gave me the Tales of Symphonia artbook, The Suffering, The Suffering: The Ties That Bind, Siren and Ghosthunter! I love how the games had a survival/horror theme to them. Plus, she included a wonderful card, some delicious Ghirardelli Chocolate squares, and an amusing reindeer sucker. I truly feel like the luckiest d00d on here.

Also, if you continue to watch after the gifts get opened, you'll hear a story about how I acquired another game I've wanted for a long time: Kuon for the PlayStation 2.

I'm not sure what I'm going to play first; I love having so much choice! I'm thinking I'm going to go with Siren as soon as I finish getting the platinum in Shadow Complex. Thanks again, Lady D!

;D ;D ;D ;D

I'm also so glad that you came across Kuon in the wild! That's one of the many things I love about SS time... It gets me to look around for games I don't normally  hunt for, which then helps me to discover new games for myself or others!
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2016, 03:59:02 pm »
Me too! I waited until now to reveal that I found it because there might have been a really -RARE- chance that you managed to find it for me since it was in my SS Wish List.

I squealed like a Sailor Scout when I saw it at the store. I got some weird looks. XD

telly

« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2016, 07:53:27 pm »
Here's my Secret Santa loot! I wish I could have opened it on the podcast with everyone else, but I'm glad I could still record myself opening it, cause I think it's really fun :)

Video of me opening everything:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXX4nXMC9CM&feature=youtu.be

Thank you so much, whoever my secret santa was! I got a lot of really great games that I'm excited to try out! This really was a great gift. :)

Here's a picture of my gift!

Currently Playing:
Alundra (PS1), Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2016, 10:48:20 pm »
Very nice haul, Telly.

Maybe your Santa will come forward. I'd like to know. The mystery kills me!

mrnikon

« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2016, 08:52:01 am »
Me too! I waited until now to reveal that I found it because there might have been a really -RARE- chance that you managed to find it for me since it was in my SS Wish List.

I squealed like a Sailor Scout when I saw it at the store. I got some weird looks. XD

And it was Soera who made it happen when he paired us up!

kashell

« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2016, 02:51:33 pm »
Great video, Telly!

soera

« Reply #26 on: December 17, 2016, 03:00:24 pm »

And it was Soera who made it happen when he paired us up!

OMG Soera for president! :D

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #27 on: December 17, 2016, 05:15:41 pm »
Couldn't wait

I Knew the European DS cases were larger than the NA Cases, didn't realize it was nearly twice the size
Bad News though, I don't own a CD-I

No Idea who sent it since all the package said is that it was from the Netherlands so Thanks Santa
« Last Edit: December 17, 2016, 05:54:37 pm by redblaze57 »

azure

« Reply #28 on: December 17, 2016, 05:35:31 pm »
Here's my Secret Santa loot! I wish I could have opened it on the podcast with everyone else, but I'm glad I could still record myself opening it, cause I think it's really fun :)

Video of me opening everything:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lXX4nXMC9CM&feature=youtu.be

Thank you so much, whoever my secret santa was! I got a lot of really great games that I'm excited to try out! This really was a great gift. :)

Here's a picture of my gift!

*snip*
Those are some great titles, have fun!

tpugmire

« Reply #29 on: December 17, 2016, 08:01:22 pm »

Bad News though, I don't own a CD-I

Wait, what is that game?  Never seen that before.
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com