Author Topic: What game are you really good at?  (Read 4615 times)

dreama1

What game are you really good at?
« on: December 09, 2016, 05:45:19 pm »
What game are you really good at?

doafan

Re: What game are you really good at?
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2016, 07:32:07 pm »
Resident Evil 3, Gears of War 3 and Mega Man 2 and you ?  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

indenton

« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2016, 09:58:30 pm »
I feel like I've got really good at Crash Team Racing despite not being able to beat all of the time trials and what-not.  Once I mastered those mechanics, it became the best feeling kart racer ever. 

« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2016, 10:41:24 pm »
At least for recent games, I used to be a boss at Mario Kart 8, rarely ever getting lower than 3rd place in nearly every online match I played.

I was also really good at Smash Bros on the 3DS. As most remember the 3DS version came out several months before the Wii U version did and most of my time was spent on the 3DS version. I had a decent win ratio with Zero Suit Samus, and while I was nowhere near a pro I'd consider myself pretty damn good at that version of the game. Funny enough I'd say I'm average on the Wii U version.

I used to be able to play Star Fox 64 without getting hit. I used to replay it over and over again when I was a kid and it never got old for me. Still love the game, but not nearly as good as I used to be.

Like Star Fox 64 I used to play Tekken Tag Tournament all the time on my PS2 and was very good at it for a while. I recently played against my boss and totally noobed it lol.

In general I am pretty good at 2D fighting games such as the Capcom VS games, Street Fighter 2 and 3, King of Fighters, and other similar SNK titles. Oddly enough I suck at the ArcSYS fighting games like Blazblue and Guilty Gear, just never got the hang of them I guess.

maximo310

« Reply #4 on: December 10, 2016, 02:36:29 am »
-Super Monkey Ball 2
- Mario stuff
- A bunch of shmups( Assault, Fixeight, etc.) - some of them are even western records
- Metal Slug 1/X/Contra
- Pretty decent at SSB Brawl

« Last Edit: January 16, 2017, 05:25:58 pm by maximo310 »

dreama1

« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2016, 05:16:34 am »
I'm so so. Can't say im pro or really good at any retro game. But was good at halo. I saw a speedrunner on some oldschool games, I just realised how insanely skilled these guys are. Still can't believe some people have beaten ghouls and ghosts.

« Reply #6 on: December 10, 2016, 12:53:14 pm »
Mega Man X
Super Smash 64/Melee
NBA Street

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #7 on: December 10, 2016, 04:43:41 pm »
The only two I'd say I'm really good at are

Contra
and
Super Mario Bros.

I'm really just slightly above average on both of them.

maximo310

« Reply #8 on: December 10, 2016, 04:59:44 pm »
  Still can't believe some people have beaten ghouls and ghosts.

You should check out GnG speedruns or weapon only runs; some really talented people.  GnG is still on my list to 1cc; only gotten to the second loop so far.

pizzasafari

« Reply #9 on: December 10, 2016, 07:45:36 pm »
My main two would probably be Oddworld: Abe's Exoddus and Final Fantasy 8... though since it's less to do with skill and more about knowledge I don't know if FF8 would really count.

I could probably complete the whole of Abe's Exoddus with my eyes closed,  I've got pretty much every inch of that game memorised.  And I've learned to exploit the junction system of Final Fantasy 8 way too well so I can pretty much just walk through the whole game now.

I'm pretty good at most rhythm games I've played though, and if I had time to de-rust I could probably beat most people at SoulCalibur. Maybe the Persona 4 Arena games too.

Edit: Holy hell I completely forgot, I'm really good at the Unreal Tournament/Championship games. Give me a flak cannon and I will give you a bloodbath.
« Last Edit: December 10, 2016, 07:47:59 pm by LeJason »

« Reply #10 on: December 10, 2016, 08:06:15 pm »
I'd classify myself above average in Smash Bros. Team Fortress 2, and a few others, but never really good at a game. The biggest problem I tend to face is that in my groups if friends, is when the skill gap grows too wide, the players on the lower end just lose interest in the game. Also, having hundreds of games in the collection meant I never stayed focused on just one game.

Outside of video games, it'd definitely be Risk. Only problem there now is that I have to spend the beginning of every game trying to convince people that everyone vs. me is not the best course of action.

retrogemcollector

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2016, 12:52:26 am »
Gran Turismo series. I have more than 1800+ hrs of gameplay on GT5. Can't wait for the 7th instalment.

sworddude

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2016, 03:35:17 pm »

Outside of video games, it'd definitely be Risk. Only problem there now is that I have to spend the beginning of every game trying to convince people that everyone vs. me is not the best course of action.

I also have this very same problem  ::)
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2016, 07:29:32 pm »
I also have this very same problem  ::)

I find the best solution is to use grudges from other games to shape alliances; Sure, I may be an asshole to deal with in Risk, but this asshole didn't go around blocking everyone's Wood in Catan.

« Reply #14 on: December 12, 2016, 08:37:58 am »
Tetris Attack.