Author Topic: Any console/system/platform you're bored with?  (Read 3749 times)

dreama1

Any console/system/platform you're bored with?
« on: December 23, 2016, 02:11:36 am »
Any console/system/platform you got bored with?

,or fell out of love with; got bored (in general, or the games on the system), or just no longer collect or have the passion for anymore?
« Last Edit: December 23, 2016, 03:53:35 am by dreama1 »

theflea

Re: Any console/system/platform you're bored with?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 02:44:08 am »
While there are consoles that are not that fun to play...
I still love owning them. Sure I only play them to show others just how bad they are. For me ususlly when I get a new game on any console it makes me not only play the new game but other games i love to play on the console.
"Happy game hunting!!!"

dreama1

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 03:23:39 am »
While there are consoles that are not that fun to play...
I still love owning them. Sure I only play them to show others just how bad they are. For me ususlly when I get a new game on any console it makes me not only play the new game but other games i love to play on the console.
Killer app in other words.

sworddude

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 03:30:22 am »
I'd say 50% for GBA

There are so many superior systems with the better versions of games. The grapics and sounds are just allot worse than on the home console versions.

Pretty sad but noticable, still there are some nice exclusives though but it has definitly made me look in a different way towards the GBA console.
Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 08:23:15 am »
never thought i'd say it, but I'm in a little bit of a funk with SNES.. don't get me wrong, I love it and all its glory, but i'm in the middle of an extended break from playing it

still been buying for it, though, and I will pick back up after holiday, I'm sure.

Nintendo Network: sloan011

Bomberman Blast: 4601 6171 3594

kashell

« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2016, 08:45:09 am »
Maybe the Dreamcast? I adore the console but after finishing Time Stalkers, I have no desire to look for other games for it.

« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2016, 10:33:10 am »
When I first got into collecting I went full on, collecting for pretty much everything and anything I could get my hands on that was a good deal, at least anything that was NES or newer. I have maintained an interest in almost all these platforms, some of them my interest has even rose significantly for, such as the Saturn, original XBOX, PS1 and Wii. However a few consoles have lost their initial charm they had such as the SNES, Gamecube, GBA, and especially the NES. My declining interest in the NES was so profound that I decided that I would no longer actively collect for it and will only pick up games that I'm interested in if they are dirt cheap. In fact, I sold about 3/4 of my NES collection roughly a year or so ago just because I had little to no interest in collecting for it anymore. The only NES games I kept are a few I received as gifts, or ones I really, really like. I even sold certain titles like Mike Tyson and Contra, mostly because these games are very common if I ever wanted to get them again. Maybe it is because I have very little nostalgia for the NES or maybe because NES collecting is pretty crazy now, but I have almost no desire to collect for it.

tripredacus

« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2016, 10:42:28 am »
Basically anything in the micro/pong era. Atari 2600, Odyssey 2, even Sinclair/Spectrum. The only thing I would consider from that era now is baseball games. I will keep my Odyssey 2 stuff just because it looks cool, but a box looking cool is low on the priority for buying unless the price is low.

Warmsignal

« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2016, 01:37:41 pm »

,or fell out of love with; got bored (in general, or the games on the system), or just no longer collect or have the passion for anymore?

PSP, Vita, PS3, XBOX 360, GameCube, 3DS, 32x, Jaguar and pre-NES consoles are all platforms I don't actively seek games for anymore. Either I mostly have everything I want for them, or just don't feel like playing them very often anymore. Except 32x and Jaguar, those really are just crap.

dreama1

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2016, 03:16:49 pm »

PSP, Vita, PS3, XBOX 360, GameCube, 3DS, 32x, Jaguar and pre-NES consoles are all platforms I don't actively seek games for anymore. Either I mostly have everything I want for them, or just don't feel like playing them very often anymore. Except 32x and Jaguar, those really are just crap.
You seem to have strong love for the Wii, and Wii U?

dreama1

« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2016, 03:18:50 pm »
When I first got into collecting I went full on, collecting for pretty much everything and anything I could get my hands on that was a good deal, at least anything that was NES or newer. I have maintained an interest in almost all these platforms, some of them my interest has even rose significantly for, such as the Saturn, original XBOX, PS1 and Wii. However a few consoles have lost their initial charm they had such as the SNES, Gamecube, GBA, and especially the NES. My declining interest in the NES was so profound that I decided that I would no longer actively collect for it and will only pick up games that I'm interested in if they are dirt cheap. In fact, I sold about 3/4 of my NES collection roughly a year or so ago just because I had little to no interest in collecting for it anymore. The only NES games I kept are a few I received as gifts, or ones I really, really like. I even sold certain titles like Mike Tyson and Contra, mostly because these games are very common if I ever wanted to get them again. Maybe it is because I have very little nostalgia for the NES or maybe because NES collecting is pretty crazy now, but I have almost no desire to collect for it.
It's the price its at now then? or It's the game library itself?

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2016, 03:26:07 pm »
Pretty much anything pre-NES. I just can't get into those games, too simplistic for me. I've really tried, too. I owned an Atari 2600 with about 50 games.

Commodore 64 would be an exception (I also owned one), it was close to the NES in terms of game size and graphics. Except at this point, I don't think I'd deal with it's excrutiating load times anymore (PS1 and Vita have nothing on the C64 in load-times.)
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 11:09:36 am by burningdoom »

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2016, 04:28:45 pm »
It's the price its at now then? or It's the game library itself?

The prices on certain games are definitely a deterrent for me, but really it boils down to the library not appealing to me heavily. I find that with 95% of its library I get bored with easily, even games like TMNT 3 and Contra I often get bored with. They aren't bad games, I just really think it boils down to the system being before my time and not something that heavily appeals to me (btw, born in 1987).

Warmsignal

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2016, 04:51:43 pm »

You seem to have strong love for the Wii, and Wii U?

Lately that's the mood I'm definitely in. I like that you can still find Wii and Wii U stuff at retail easier, and much cheaper than online currently. Even toying with the idea that I might try to collect a complete set of Wii U games for some reason, even though it would mean buying mostly shovel-ware. The console is nearly dead, and the library is pretty small.

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2016, 05:17:22 pm »
I'm starting to get that way with the 360. I'm happy that I've cleared the halfway mark on a library that size and own most of the major games, but what's left is mainly stuff I'd never really play (i.e Sports games). Out of the 573 games left to get, 298 of them are Sports or Kinect titles, and I already own another 30-40 of the remainder on the One/PC.

Still, I find if I start to slump in one collection, it mans it'll get better for my other collections (or the start of a new collection). So, what's currently been getting my love has been my vintage Star Trek/Star Wars toy collections and my Card & Board game collection. Though I really need to pick up the pace on my bookcase collection.