Author Topic: Does anyone have any UPS, USPS, or FedEx horror stories?  (Read 1680 times)

Does anyone have any UPS, USPS, or FedEx horror stories?
« on: December 23, 2016, 03:50:04 pm »
The USPS mail man just ruined my entire Christmas in a matter of seconds. I am on the verge of giving up. He took a 200 dollar gift. that I sniped in auction and got to arrive just in the knick of time for Christmas for someone I love very much and savagely squashed it and stuffed it into my mail box like it was a pair of socks. Even after the package says fragile in 5 places and even after I left a note for him to place it in the bottom landing. He even bent it in half to stuff it like a cave man into the metal box in the cold. I begged him not to. even on the note I put please and thank you. I tried so hard. My last mail man would always put them in the bottom landing and ring my door bell and he was amazing. The gift is now opened, mangled and the box is basically trash worthy at this point.  Im broke, sad, and have no way of making it right especially not in time for sunday.  It is no fault of the ebayer of course so he wont be held accountable and last time i tried to get USPS to fix something I would be better off trying to make North Korea a democracy.  I don't want to hand the person a mangled junk for Christmas and pass off the story as a way out. I wanted the day to be special. I tried so hard.  :'(   

Does anyone have any horror stories? :(

Warmsignal

Re: Does anyone have any UPS, USPS, or FedEx horror stories?
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2016, 05:33:06 pm »
Pretty much my mail carrier is the same way. If I order a Sega CD or Sega Saturn game, even just a CD in a standard jewel case, it always gets cracked or broken. Frankly I don't know how the guy even has the job, he's over retirement age, and so out of shape that he can barely hobble around without running out of breath. So unless it's packed to withstand abuse, anything I order will be slightly damaged if coming from him. I've ordered $150+ games that he crushed (which weren't packed with any kind of thought).

IMO, as someone who often ships items. If it's very valuable, it absolutely needs a sturdy cardboard box to go in, with plenty of packing to keep it held tight in the center. Mailers can be scrunched and folded, sat on, or torn. No one should use a mailer for a fragile or valuable item, ever.

doafan

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2016, 06:22:37 pm »
A couple of years ago USPS almost lost my book Cheating Death, Stealing Life: The Eddie Guerrero Story that I ordered through Amazon which by the way was my first purchase online, after almost two months where I almost have to talk with god, seriously I gave them at least twenty calls per day asking to all of the workers that answered my calls where the fuck was my package that they found my copy stored in a damn mailbox of the city, dunno how the hell they manage the packages but for me that am a big fan of this wrestler don't have to say that I was really pissed off because the mail service at my country sucks and all my friends always told me that the US service was superior in all the possible ways which it's a lie.

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

darkragnorok

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2016, 10:34:34 pm »
For the many years I have ordered stuff online and had it delivered by UPS, USPS, FedEx and even DHL I can say that I never had anything too bad happen to my stuff not counting late packages. Guess I am just on the lucky side. Although I did have an incident or 2 when my package evidently got lost since it never arrived, called the company to send me a new item only for the supposed lost one to come in like a day or two after the replacement had arrived.

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2016, 10:55:58 pm »
Pretty much my mail carrier is the same way. If I order a Sega CD or Sega Saturn game, even just a CD in a standard jewel case, it always gets cracked or broken. Frankly I don't know how the guy even has the job, he's over retirement age, and so out of shape that he can barely hobble around without running out of breath. So unless it's packed to withstand abuse, anything I order will be slightly damaged if coming from him. I've ordered $150+ games that he crushed (which weren't packed with any kind of thought).

IMO, as someone who often ships items. If it's very valuable, it absolutely needs a sturdy cardboard box to go in, with plenty of packing to keep it held tight in the center. Mailers can be scrunched and folded, sat on, or torn. No one should use a mailer for a fragile or valuable item, ever.

I agree :), after calming down I realized that the seller was 95 percent at fault for the awful packaging and lack of structural protection his bubble mailer had. He sent a small package roughly the size of an amiibo in a bubble mailer fit for a sweatshirt. causing it to rattle around inside. With no cushioning and now that I look he also had no fragile stickers after he told me he would put some. I am very dissatisfied. I contacted him with pictures and requested a return. My mail man hasn't failed me with packages yet and I know most of the damages came in transit.  Although he was silly for shoving it in the mail box as well.  The package probably just got crushed just off of the other packages that were on top of it in the mail truck.  :(

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 10:08:45 am »
I've never had any of them downright destroy a package I ordered, but I have had several packages lost in transit and when I went to hold the carrier responsible, there response is usually, "shoulda purchased insirance bra! Not our problem!" Their complete lack of accountability for people's mail and packages is what urks me the most and how they pretty much say it's your fault if they lose it. Luckily this only happens once every three or four years, but every time it does I get in a terrible mood because of it. I will also note that this has happened with USPS mostly, but it did happen once with UPS as well. I don't recall being burned by FedEX ever.

Warmsignal

« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 11:25:28 am »
I've never had any of them downright destroy a package I ordered, but I have had several packages lost in transit and when I went to hold the carrier responsible, there response is usually, "shoulda purchased insirance bra! Not our problem!" Their complete lack of accountability for people's mail and packages is what urks me the most and how they pretty much say it's your fault if they lose it. Luckily this only happens once every three or four years, but every time it does I get in a terrible mood because of it. I will also note that this has happened with USPS mostly, but it did happen once with UPS as well. I don't recall being burned by FedEX ever.

Use to be, when we'd order something UPS, our packages would get delivered to the house down the street because just because that house contained the same numbers. I guess they thought "close enough".