Author Topic: The Final Fantasy Thread  (Read 5789 times)

desocietas

Re: The Final Fantasy Thread
« Reply #60 on: December 14, 2016, 02:16:47 pm »
I'm just going to post in this thread because I'll only have one FF thing to ever post.

My Secret Santa got me Final Fantasy 2 (SNES).  I'm really pumped for this. 

Now, you nerds can carry on.   ;)

In celebration, I will listen to the FF2 soundtrack in FF15 lol Oh, and silly note of FF15 if anyone didn't notice, but there's totally a portable music player that you buy from the shop you can access in the car.  I didn't know about till well into the game, but it allows you to play all the music you want when running around on foot, which is nice to get some of that classic battle music playing during fights.

Whoa, totally didn't know about this! Not sure if my other friends know either - I'll have to pass along the word. Sometimes I'm out in the field, and I'm like, it's awfully quiet here when there's no battle... but sometimes that's nice.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #61 on: December 14, 2016, 03:29:41 pm »
That's a nifty feature. The music in the series has always been great.

« Reply #62 on: December 14, 2016, 03:42:52 pm »
Yeah I had beaten most of the game when I realized that lol I like how much music is in the game.  There's music from every main Final Fantasy in this I believe, along with the MMO's and Dissidia.  Some stuff from like 13 and 10 sequels I don't believe are (I need my Crazy Chocobo, dammit!), but they could probably always add more too as not everything from the main games is there, like Otherworld from FFX. I'm sure they could add stuff from like Dirge of Cerberus, Advent Children, Crisis Core, and whatever other side game or thing.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 03:44:24 pm by kamikazekeeg »

davifus

« Reply #63 on: December 19, 2016, 01:29:35 am »
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I finally beat the game... I was trying to prolong the inevitable but I was.. tempted to finish it once and for all.

I feel so empty inside.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #64 on: December 19, 2016, 01:33:33 am »
uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I finally beat the game... I was trying to prolong the inevitable but I was.. tempted to finish it once and for all.

I feel so empty inside.

New Game + is out this week, time for a replay ;D

davifus

« Reply #65 on: December 19, 2016, 01:49:03 am »

I feel so empty inside.

New Game + is out this week, time for a replay ;D

oh yeah

http://kotaku.com/final-fantasy-xv-reveals-dlc-plan-including-online-co-1788280828
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

« Reply #66 on: December 19, 2016, 01:56:02 am »
I'm actually gonna wait on New Game + just because I'm not gonna really get anything new out of it at the moment.  I'm thinking of waiting till they fix Chapter 13 and then just planning to try and kinda burn through the story since it's supposed to keep all the character progress you've made I think.  I still have a Menace dungeons left and I'm gonna farm AP to get the technique damage limit breaks and that'll kinda be all I do for the skill unlocks.

kashell

« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2016, 09:56:52 am »
So, I got the deluxe edition of FFXV for Christmas. It'll be a minute before I play it, but what's the order to play/watch everything in the FFXV timeline? I know there's an anime out there, and I have the Kings-whatev movie. Thanks!

desocietas

« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2016, 12:34:38 pm »
So, I got the deluxe edition of FFXV for Christmas. It'll be a minute before I play it, but what's the order to play/watch everything in the FFXV timeline? I know there's an anime out there, and I have the Kings-whatev movie. Thanks!

Nice! I watched it in order of Kingsglaive -> Brotherhood (the anime) -> game but I think the anime and the movie can be watched in whatever order as long as it's before the game. Honestly, the first time I watched Kingsglaive, I was a little confused, but watching it a second time later on helped a little bit. That or reading the wikipedia plot summary for it after watching the movie might help ;)  I think my biggest confusion was not realizing what the names of the cities were. Also, the animation is lip-synced to English already in case you are trying to decide between which audio to go with. I liked the English audio, actually, with the exception of maybe one or two characters.

At the moment, I'm taking a little break from XV since the patch coming soon will apparently add some more story stuff. I heard there were some plotholes that seem like they'll be filled by DLC/patch stuff.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

kashell

« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2016, 01:48:02 pm »
Thanks, Lady D! I also need to download that demo so I can get Carbuncle. Lots to do before playing the actual game, it seems.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, I looked at a platinum trophy guide for FFXV. It doesn't seem bad at all. I may go for the platinum since I already have the platinum trophies for XIII, XIII-2, and Ligthing Returns.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2016, 03:20:48 pm by kashell »

« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2016, 03:33:48 pm »
Thanks, Lady D! I also need to download that demo so I can get Carbuncle. Lots to do before playing the actual game, it seems.

EDIT: Out of curiosity, I looked at a platinum trophy guide for FFXV. It doesn't seem bad at all. I may go for the platinum since I already have the platinum trophies for XIII, XIII-2, and Ligthing Returns.

I had like 80% of the trophies done by the time I beat the game.  I also did a ton of side stuff while playing, but it's actually a pretty easy platinum and I never do platinum trophies, FFXV is my first.  Also Carbuncle isn't important unless you plan to play on easy mode.  That's the only time it shows up.

« Reply #71 on: January 31, 2017, 05:11:46 am »
Since we still have this thread around, figure I can toss out a few Final Fantasy related things for people that are interested from the FF30th anniversary event.

When it turned out to be that it was going to happen at 3am EST for us and there was no stream, I realized this wasn't going to be a very big event and it wasn't.  Along with a bunch of oddball tie-ins with companies for the anniversary, we did get at least some tidbits of new information. Any dates that don't specifically say North America could be Japan only.

Final Fantasy 12: The Zodiac Age is out in North America July 11th.  Apparently its a full priced game, which is weird, because FFX/X2 was not full priced, but came with two games from what I read.  Oh well, maybe they did a whole lot more with this one.

For Final Fantasy 15, there's a booster pack on Feb 21st.  Comes with Power Rangers-esque colored super suits for the gang lol They apparently offer 30 minutes of invincibility, but then need 24 hours to recharge.  At least they look cool compared to the awful carnival ones Noctis got recently lol Also, Episode Gladio will be out March 28th and Episode Prompto will be in June.  I assume we'll get dates and details for Episode Ignis at E3. Cor will show up in Gladiolus adventure.

For Final Fantasy 14, Stormblood is out June 20th (Not sure if this is new information or not).

For Brave Exvius, Cloud will be out on February 6th.

They did show off a new picture for FF7 Remake, but its nothing of substance.  Just some CG render. Was kinda hoping for another teaser as I guess they are waiting for E3 to show off anything important.
https://www.famitsu.com/news/201701/31125900.html

soera

« Reply #72 on: February 01, 2017, 01:46:25 am »
Any word on the rumored FF 30th anniversary special compilation game?

desocietas

« Reply #73 on: February 01, 2017, 12:14:00 pm »
Any word on the rumored FF 30th anniversary special compilation game?

Not yet.
Currently playing:
twitch.tv/desocietas

soera

« Reply #74 on: February 02, 2017, 09:07:21 pm »
Ahhh damn ... Along with the FF 30th, there is a 20th for FF VII. They did a big interview with some of the people in it and a remake of VI was mentioned and it appears to be on the table after VII is done ... wow, Im stunned. Arguably the best FF ever, VI is the one Ive played through the most and the crew Im the most familiar with. The thought of playing it in HD with a PS4 controller is overwhelming.