Author Topic: 52 Game Challenge 2017  (Read 62170 times)

Limeface

PRO Supporter

Re: 52 Game Challenge 2017
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2017, 07:18:21 pm »
A short but good one for number 4!

4. Kingdom Hearts 0.2: Birth by Sleep – A Fragmentary Passage (PS4)

While essentially a demo for Kingdom Hearts III, this is a fantastic Kingdom Hearts game. If this is how Kingdom Hearts III is going to play, then I can't wait! As a big Kingdom Hearts fan, I was excited to finally play this game. It only took me 3 hours to finish, but they really packed a lot into that short amount of time. You play as Aqua, one of the main characters from Birth By Sleep. The game plays, fast, smooth, and frantic. More like a better version of Kingdom Heart's II's gameplay. The Unreal Engine 4 is looking really great with the Kingdom Hearts character models and the voice acting is really spot on. The ending sets up Kingdom Hearts III beautifully. Based on how polished this game is I wonder if Kingdom Hearts III isn't as far off as I originally thought.

« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2017, 11:38:58 pm »
1) Lego Batman 3 (Base game 100% complete)
2) Dragonball Xenoverse 2 (Story Mode, Parallel Quests completed)
3) Mass Effect (Replay, 100%)

4) Day of the Tentacle Remastered (Platinum Trophy) - Quick, easy completion of a game I had done many, many times in my childhood. Still has a great sense of humor after all this time.

5) Mass Effect 2 (Replay, 100%) - Just got 3 left to do and then I'll have another full trilogy runthrough. I still consider 2 to be one of the best games overall of the 360/PS3/Wii era.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #137 on: February 12, 2017, 12:06:20 pm »
Bayonetta finished! That was a blast. I'll probably play part two much later.
Nice! If you liked 1, I couldn't recommend 2 more. Without a doubt my second favourite game of all time.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

« Reply #138 on: February 13, 2017, 10:00:19 am »
Finished Senran Kagura, got the platinum.

Played through Virginia while Carmageddon Max Damage was installing on my X1.  This game is so weird.  I want to say stay away from it because it makes no sense, but maybe somebody else can make sense of it.

kashell

« Reply #139 on: February 15, 2017, 03:02:20 pm »
My page has been updated with a review for Bayonetta.

I played the Wii U version, but the review is for the PlayStation 3 version since GameFAQs didn't have a Wii U option and because the 360 is icky-poos.

realpoketendonl

« Reply #140 on: February 15, 2017, 09:27:50 pm »

I played the Wii U version, but the review is for the PlayStation 3 version since GameFAQs didn't have a Wii U option and because the 360 is icky-poos.

Hey, just to inform you, that link to the Bayonetta review is broken.
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

wolfen

« Reply #141 on: February 15, 2017, 09:40:37 pm »
3. Super Mario 3D Land
  • Start - Feb 12
  • Finish - Feb 15
  • Total Time - 15 Hours

I collected all star coins and got gold flag poles on all levels with Mario. I don't have much to say about this game. It's some classic, easy Mario fun, but it's not too creative with the bosses and reusing previous levels throughout the game.

« Reply #142 on: February 16, 2017, 01:28:02 am »
7 - Nioh (PS4 2017) - BEAT - Definitely a great game.  I feel Bloodborne is better designed overall, which is expected really as it has 3 games before to build upon, but I think what Nioh brings is a great amount of customization.  You can make your character look like anything and not have to worry about stats, due to the refashion ability in the blacksmith.  Pick the gear you want to wear, and then magically turn it into the cooler ninja gear you wouldn't wear because it lacks to much defense.  Or mix and match whatever you think looks best (Basically a shinobi mask and the frontline armor could be my favorite). 

Skills allow you to also pick some alternate moves based more on your playstyle, such as I would pick the ability that isn't the parry, because I never parry.  And if curious, you can play the game never changing stances.  You can get skills that give you added benefits of regularly switching, but I didn't like changing often, so I played it more like I would in a Souls game, stick with the mid stance and sometimes changing to high if I wanted to get some heavier strikes in and I didn't have to worry about dodging and Ki use quite as much.

It's a must have if you got a PS4 I think, much like Bloodborne was.  Both games give you a whole lot to do.

kashell

« Reply #143 on: February 16, 2017, 08:03:02 am »

Hey, just to inform you, that link to the Bayonetta review is broken.

Thanks for catching that! It's been fixed.

« Reply #144 on: February 16, 2017, 12:20:05 pm »
January :

1. Watch Dogs 2
2. Mirror's Edge Catalyst
3. Jet Set Radio
4. Bully
5. Quantum Break
6. Virtua Fighter 5
7. Soulcalibur III

February :

8. Assassin's Creed Syndicate
9. Soulcalibur V
10. Saints Row 3

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #145 on: February 16, 2017, 09:54:52 pm »
I'm going to try this challenge  this year

1.Tony Hawk's Underground (story mode finished) it was fun to back to one of my Favorite Tony Hawk's this time on the xbox
2. Pokemon Moon (playing)3DSIt's pokemon I enjoy the series
3. Gun playing xbox surprisingly fun so far Temporary on Hold
4. Shantae 1/2 Genie Hero normal mode Complete Glad I backed itWii U
5. ReCore playing If you enjoy Metroid Prime, this is basically a faster version since you don't have to scan. Loading times are pretty long though. So yeah another I'm having fun with.Xbox One
6. Tales of Berseria Complete LV.76 completion time 59:06:01

« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2017, 01:34:23 pm »
I decided to start playing Republique, this game is pretty damned dope.

You kind of control the main character, but mostly you are just some person guiding the main character through cameras.

« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2017, 02:52:08 pm »
8 - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U 2016) - PLAYING - Left over from last years run, I've already played more this year than I did last and I'm really remembering how good this game is and why I always considered it my favorite 3D Zelda.  It also just reconfirms how disappointed I was in Wind Waker as I actually enjoy traveling around in the world here.  Wind Waker just gave some such a disconnect with the world itself and how poorly Ganon is used outside of the ending.  Zant gives more of a proper villain through the whole story, leading to our inevitable battle with Ganon at the end.

Actually the perfect time to play this as I'm real hyped for Breath of the Wild and it'll give me a good comparison to that as I play through.

« Reply #148 on: February 19, 2017, 03:58:01 am »
8 - Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess HD (Wii U 2016) - 30 HOURS BEAT - Having played basically all of the 3D Zeldas over the past couple years with the 3DS remasters, Wind Waker HD, and now this (Excluding Skyward Sword), I really do think this is my second favorite by a long shot.  Ocarina of Time might always top the list, simply for the nostalgia and its old charm, but TP is just a really good, enjoyable, time that I can see myself going back to.  I like that its abit dark and and Midna is such a great companion character (Best one of all, no contest), and some memorable characters for sure.  Shop Smart, Shop Malo Mart!  *Insert Malo with a chainsaw hand and double barreled shotgun here*

My only real negative that I noticed is that I hate how much of a blank slate Link feels in this game.  I thought in Wind Waker, Link was abit more of a character, and Skyward Sword I know he gets more character and actually has interaction with Zelda that was very needed for him.  In Twilight Princess, he just always seems to have this vacant stare.  I'm hoping since Breath of the Wild feels like they are doing a lot more with the characters, at least with Zelda, that Link is also much better.

TP does fix alot of what I hated about Wind Waker HD, simply by being a world that makes you feel like you are there and accomplishing something.  You have to fix the world torn apart with help of Midnas magic, areas have multiple outlets connected to other areas of the game, built around the central Hyrule Castle.  There's no big empty sections of the game and all thee individual islands and outposts and the god awful sailing.  That stuff made me super bored of Wind Waker.  The dungeon designs also didn't do anything for me, but I had fun with the dungeons in TP. 

At this point, its hard for me to know where to place Wind Waker.  Do I hate the sailing and world as much as I do the time mechanic in Majora's Mask or the bad ideas done in Skyward Sword?  I think currently, till Nintendo makes the inevitable Skyward Sword HD (It's guaranteed, there's no reason for them not to since the Joycons are just the nunchuck and wiimote), it's still Skyward Sword at the bottom, Wind Waker above that, Majora's Mask above that because its world and characters are interesting, then Twilight Princess, and of course Ocarina of Time.

Glad I finished the game now, rather than last year.  The time is very perfect and I'm super hyped for Breath of the Wild now.  Also I might be doing better on the challenge than I thought.  Within two months, I've beat 7 games, which isn't bad at all.  At this rate, I'm on track for a reasonably close year, especially if I can find a few smaller titles to play.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2017, 04:03:59 am by kamikazekeeg »

wolfen

« Reply #149 on: February 20, 2017, 06:20:29 pm »
4. Sonic Riders(GC)
  • Start - Feb 19
  • Finish - Feb 19
  • Total Time - 3 hours

The story mode is pretty basic, if you can call it that, and the controls are unbelievably hard to get accustomed to. Kind of a meh game, but I might try the sequel.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2017, 09:02:06 pm by wolfen »