Author Topic: The Nintendo Switch Discussion  (Read 19509 times)

Re: The Nintendo Switch Discussion
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2017, 04:46:19 pm »
World of Goo, Little Inferno, and Human Resource Machine confirmed as day one digital launch titles.

http://2dboy.com/2017/01/24/coming-soon-to-the-nintendo-switch/

« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2017, 04:50:25 pm »
Binding of Isaac: Afterbirth was also added to the Switch launch lineup.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2017, 01:33:54 am »
I'm seeing all kinds of people bummed that they can't pre-order a Switch already.

...I don't get how pre-orders can get full already. I thought the entire idea of implementing pre-orders is so a company can get an accurate handle on how many units to produce, beforehand. It's only been like a week, two weeks since the announcement. If Nintendo didn't give themselves enough time between the official announcement and the official launch-date, that's some bad launch planning; almost as bad as the Saturn launch was.

« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2017, 08:39:01 am »
almost as bad as the Saturn launch was.
Gotta straight up argue with that one.  NOWHERE near as bad as the Saturn launch.  Same day and 2 months out are not near "almost".  I've slept since then, so I can't recall how soon pre-orders went up for Xbox Ones and PS4s before the release, especially since I didn't preorder those.  But I'm pretty sure pre-orders of those sold out just as quickly.

Just noticed that "Dragonball" just went up for preorder on Best Buy for Switch.

« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2017, 06:10:16 am »
Nintendo Switch is a disaster. Before the presentation I was sure I'd want it day one but after it's just been a train wreck.

Super Mario Odyssey looks like the only reason to buy a Switch and it doesn't release until November.

Splatoon 2 looks more like a Splatoon 1.5 and from the gameplay shown so far it just seems like it's lacking any charm the first one had and that they just quickly slapped it together. It was probably a port initially like all the rumors had indicated that they decided to turn into a sequel to sell more.

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe looks to serve only the people that skipped Wii U. They fixed battle mode but really who cared that much about battle mode until they screwed it up in the Wii U version? They brought back holding two items.. so a feature that should have already been in the game is returning. 5 new characters, 2 returning items and 2 new battle courses. NO NEW RACE TRACKS!? They didn't even add Diddy Kong...

I don't care for Zelda and it seems like it won't have much of a difference between the Wii U and Switch versions.

Other than those four games nothing looks good to me or it's also on PS4 where it will run better.

How did they not announce a new Animal Crossing game? Like, seriously? New Leaf was released forever ago, Wii U didn't even get one and they still haven't announced one for Switch?? There's not even any rumors of it. They made all those Animal Crossing amiibo that went straight to the clearance rack for nothing.

The accessories and their prices are just a flat out joke.

Nintendo needs to start talking to Sony to get their games on PS4. This launch is unacceptable. Nintendo has no business remaining in the hardware business or at least the home console business.

jimmyecho

« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2017, 02:05:22 pm »
I could not be more excited for the Switch, its one of the main reasons I have made an account on here.
I have always been a fan of collecting, not just games. I hope to one day own a full library of Switch physical releases. That is the dream.
Also, my first post on here big hello to everyone. I'm excited to be here.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2017, 04:57:21 pm »
I could not be more excited for the Switch, its one of the main reasons I have made an account on here.
I have always been a fan of collecting, not just games. I hope to one day own a full library of Switch physical releases. That is the dream.

That's a pretty big goal.  The system isn't out yet and you're going to get them all? 

I hope you can do it.
Being a Nintendo fan, I hope there's too many games and have to dedicate a whole wing to it.   ;)

rayne315

« Reply #82 on: January 27, 2017, 11:01:53 am »

That's a pretty big goal.  The system isn't out yet and you're going to get them all? 

I hope you can do it.
Being a Nintendo fan, I hope there's too many games and have to dedicate a whole wing to it.   ;)

ill just be happy if the majority of the total library make it to a physical release.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #83 on: January 30, 2017, 07:50:28 pm »
Here's an image for what the Switch is currently looking like with releases. 

kashell

« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2017, 07:57:36 am »
Tales? Sweet!

« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2017, 10:26:48 am »

A lot of the should either be launch titles  considering some of them are on the previous consule generation and would take minimal effort to port over.

rayne315

« Reply #86 on: January 31, 2017, 10:27:43 am »

63 games set to release this year? not bad. 103 on the chart? also not bad. plus all the wii ware titles that will be brought over.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2017, 02:08:47 pm »
Looks like its being said that the Switch online service will only be around 20 to 30 bucks a year.  Vastly cheaper than either Xbox or PS4, so hopefully Nintendo can still justify the price.

http://nintendowire.com/blog/2017/02/01/switch-online-services-priced-somewhere-2000-3000-yen-year/

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #88 on: February 01, 2017, 03:00:17 pm »
Is it weird that I'm really wanting to try Farm Simulator 18?  The list keeps growing and I' loving it. 

It's the odd-ball stuff that I'm really pumped for.  Bring them on.

spac316

« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2017, 10:08:09 pm »
Yeah, I think MK8 Deluxe should be a launch title. In my view, it's just a port with added battle modes and characters/karts. But what would I know?