Author Topic: The Nintendo Switch Discussion  (Read 19510 times)

Re: The Nintendo Switch Discussion
« Reply #135 on: March 08, 2017, 08:35:31 am »
Yeah, it's a tad annoying, but it adds a level of strategy.

I've only been able to defeat one high level enemy, and it took nearly half an hour because I ran out of weapons.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #136 on: March 08, 2017, 10:16:40 am »
Weapons have durability? That's one of my least favorite features in a video game.

Are they lost forever if they break? Or, do they just lose their effectiveness and need to be repaired?

It's the common weapons.  I'm assuming that when I get the Master Sword, I won't have to worry about it breaking.  But for now, I have to make do with what I have in Soldier Swords or Traveler Swords.
As you find better stuff, it last longer. 

« Reply #137 on: March 08, 2017, 10:25:26 am »
Weapons have durability? That's one of my least favorite features in a video game.

Are they lost forever if they break? Or, do they just lose their effectiveness and need to be repaired?

It's the common weapons.  I'm assuming that when I get the Master Sword, I won't have to worry about it breaking.  But for now, I have to make do with what I have in Soldier Swords or Traveler Swords.
As you find better stuff, it last longer.
Master Sword is unbreakable, Hylian Shield is breakable.

I get how folks find it annoying, but I think it adds a level of difficulty and strategy.  It'd be nice if they let you turn it off, but then it would make getting weapons kind of moot.

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #138 on: March 08, 2017, 10:46:06 am »
I've always hated breakable equipment. It's not the first game to do it. But I'll deal with it, it's not a game-breaker.

« Reply #139 on: March 08, 2017, 02:04:08 pm »
I wouldn't mind the weapon breaking if the durability was more than a couple enemies.  There are some unique weapons that can be replaced that you come across in your journey that just require bringing some materials to some specific people.  It bugged me more at first, but you get use to it after awhile, especially when you start to learn where weapons will show up and I believe weapons that have been placed in the world respawn eventually.

« Reply #140 on: March 08, 2017, 02:10:14 pm »
I wouldn't mind the weapon breaking if the durability was more than a couple enemies.  There are some unique weapons that can be replaced that you come across in your journey that just require bringing some materials to some specific people.  It bugged me more at first, but you get use to it after awhile, especially when you start to learn where weapons will show up and I believe weapons that have been placed in the world respawn eventually.
I generally have more weapons than I know what to do with.

The only issue comes when trying to fight a boss tier enemy with a handful of tree branches and run out of weapons.  You're just playing wrong at that point.

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #141 on: March 08, 2017, 02:19:46 pm »
The only issue comes when trying to fight a boss tier enemy with a handful of tree branches and run out of weapons.  You're just playing wrong at that point.

I tried to fight a rock monster early in the game with a bag full of clubs.  It didn't work out too well for me

rayne315

« Reply #142 on: March 08, 2017, 02:37:15 pm »

I tried to fight a rock monster early in the game with a bag full of clubs.  It didn't work out too well for me

I never tried hitting them. all I ever tried was chucking bombs at them assuming that they would do more damage. needless to say it did no damage.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #143 on: March 08, 2017, 03:00:10 pm »

HAHAHAHAHa

I tried to fight a rock monster yesterday, a good distance into the game, wasn't doing much damage so I ran like a bitch.

Having played Demon's Souls, Dark Souls, and Bloodborne in the last year has made me really appreciate a lot of things in this game.  Also makes me realize that not having a dodge roll sucks and not being able to repair damaged weapons also sucks.

davifus

« Reply #144 on: March 08, 2017, 04:04:47 pm »
The Master sword is unbreakable but they added a cooldown for it.

The first named boss I fought was Hinox [Giant Cyclops]. Mandatory to have arrows for it. The Rock boss Stone Talus or something weakness is a sledgehammer at the back.

Find a Guardian Shield as soon as possible because it makes fighting Guardians a lot easier and less stressful with all the damn lasers. Unfortunately, the Guardian pieces have very low durability.

Horse riding is stressful. Even with 100% bond its very difficult to make small maneuvers with the horse, esp. when fighting other mobs on horses.
"Hard work betrays none, but dreams betray many." ( Hachiman Hikigaya)
"People say nothing's impossible, but I do nothing everyday." (Winnie The Pooh)

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #145 on: March 08, 2017, 04:12:44 pm »
fighting other mobs on horses.

I have to fight other people on horses?  This shit keeps getting better.

davifus

« Reply #146 on: March 08, 2017, 04:41:29 pm »
fighting other mobs on horses.

I have to fight other people on horses?  This shit keeps getting better.

I can't say people but bokoblin on horses [for a side mission]

« Reply #147 on: March 09, 2017, 12:36:57 pm »
I have put around 25-hours into BotW since getting it Thursday night and unless something REALLY shitty happens in terms of game design or bad writing, this game is guaranteed to be a top 5 game for me. It is also the first game I have played in over a decade that very well might beat out Shenmue and Shenmue 2 as my favorite game of all time. However, for this to happen the game will have to blow me away beyond how much it already has (which is considerable). I'm about 50% sure this game will become my favorite Zelda game of all time (right now it is OoT) which would put it at my 2nd favorite game of all time if this happens.

I absolutely adore nearly everything about this game, and for its minor faults here and there, it makes up for it in nearly every other way, and then some. 

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #148 on: March 09, 2017, 01:50:11 pm »
So besides that rhythm game and Blaster Master 0 they added 6 Neo Geo games to the eShop today

davifus

« Reply #149 on: March 09, 2017, 03:05:19 pm »
For anybody looking for I am setsuna physical copy. Go order over amazon Japan because Japan is getting a physical release and it also support English subtitles. I got mine for like $45 with tax and everything.