Author Topic: Will Nintendo Switch be limited like the NES Classic?  (Read 2537 times)

turf

PRO Supporter

Re: Will Nintendo Switch be limited like the NES Classic?
« Reply #15 on: February 02, 2017, 11:42:01 am »
Hopefully this makes you feel better.

I was actually able to preorder two; one on Amazon the night they announced it and one at Gamestop nearly a full day after they had the Switch conference. Being unsure of what demand or available was like, I was able to preorder one on Amazon as soon as those went live, but being uncertain as to whether I'd actually get it on launch day I decided to try my luck at Gamestop the next day after work. I strolled into a local Gamestop at around 6pm the next day and too my surprise they still had about 10 Grey Joy Con preorders available! Sdly, they were sold out of the blue and red set, but whatever. I even heard that some Gamestop's had available preorders for as many as three days following the conference. On a side note, I was at Gamestop on Friday and as I was in there some guy was cancelling his preorder, presumably freeing up a preorder slot.

Bottom line, I think you'll be fine :)

Yup, I actually got 3 in - one each at Gamestop, Best Buy & Amazon. Gave the GS preorder to a friend who wants it, and have offered the Amazon preorder to a coworker. I'm keeping the BB one because it's red & blue ;) (GS only had grey left when I got there, and when I placed my Amazon preorder they made no distinction so who knows what it will be).

I grabbed 2.  Gamestop and Amazon.  One is going to a buddy that couldn't get one. 
I wish I wasn't a nice guy.  I should have scalped it.

rayne315

« Reply #16 on: February 02, 2017, 02:05:17 pm »
Hopefully this makes you feel better.

I was actually able to preorder two; one on Amazon the night they announced it and one at Gamestop nearly a full day after they had the Switch conference. Being unsure of what demand or available was like, I was able to preorder one on Amazon as soon as those went live, but being uncertain as to whether I'd actually get it on launch day I decided to try my luck at Gamestop the next day after work. I strolled into a local Gamestop at around 6pm the next day and too my surprise they still had about 10 Grey Joy Con preorders available! Sdly, they were sold out of the blue and red set, but whatever. I even heard that some Gamestop's had available preorders for as many as three days following the conference. On a side note, I was at Gamestop on Friday and as I was in there some guy was cancelling his preorder, presumably freeing up a preorder slot.

Bottom line, I think you'll be fine :)

Yup, I actually got 3 in - one each at Gamestop, Best Buy & Amazon. Gave the GS preorder to a friend who wants it, and have offered the Amazon preorder to a coworker. I'm keeping the BB one because it's red & blue ;) (GS only had grey left when I got there, and when I placed my Amazon preorder they made no distinction so who knows what it will be).

I grabbed 2.  Gamestop and Amazon.  One is going to a buddy that couldn't get one. 
I wish I wasn't a nice guy.  I should have scalped it.

I grabbed 2 both at gamestop. 1 is being kept the other is being sold to finance all the games and pro controller I have pre-ordered for it.
PS2 Palooza: 8/2XXX games finished
Now Playing: Dark cloud
Stopped recording so now back on track.

XIII
.Hack//G.U. Vol 1//Rebirth
Sly Cooper and the Thievius Raccoonus
Sly 2
.hack//g.u. vol 2
.hack//g.u. vol 3
Katamari Damacy
Bully

« Reply #17 on: February 04, 2017, 02:43:55 pm »
Hey everyone :) , I have a question about preordering switch and launch day and how I will be able to buy one. Is the launch day just first come first serve like normal? Or do the preorders get put aside or reserved? Because say if I wake up 5 hours before the doors open and camp out with a folding lawn chair and be the first in. will I almost be certain to get one? or will the people who preordered get one first? Im not sure how the preorders work because I almost never preorder things but I will if its the only way to get one on launch. Is the preorder just to confirm you'll get one so you don't have to rush in or is it just like the only ones they have? and the ones that will not be able to be sold to non pre order customers?  :D.  thanks for any help.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2017, 02:45:58 pm by marvelvscapcom2 »

turf

PRO Supporter

« Reply #18 on: February 05, 2017, 04:37:59 pm »
I think that'll vary from store to store. Call them and ask before you camp out.