Author Topic: Lego Dimensions Figures [NA] vs. [EU]  (Read 782 times)

Lego Dimensions Figures [NA] vs. [EU]
« on: February 15, 2017, 12:47:39 pm »
Ok, so I have an incredibly dumb or possibly an incredibly intelligent question.  I'll set it up first.  I'm a gamer from way back in the days of the Atari 2600 and have moved along with various platforms since.  I recently purchased a PS4 primarily to get started with Lego Dimensions.  I further wanted a way to track my growing collection and looked at various Online DBs for Game Collectors and settled on VGCollect since it covered everything I wanted for listing, 2600, Wii, PS4, PC, Skylanders Figures and Lego Dimensions Figures. 

In the process of setting up my LEGO D collection I came across a head scratcher.  Everything is listed under both [NA] - North America and [EU] Europe.  Now my question.  Is there truly a packaging or toy difference between [NA] and [EU] and presumably Asia for that matter?  I thought the toys were console independent and market independent.  I looked around the internet and I can't find so much as a packaging difference for any of the sets.  Am I missing something?  If I'm not, shouldn't there just be one listing for each set without [NA] or [EU]

kgarrett1969
« Last Edit: February 15, 2017, 12:49:13 pm by kgarrett1969 »

Re: Lego Dimensions Figures [NA] vs. [EU]
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2017, 12:50:27 pm »
The figures from the different regions work in all regions, so yes, essentially, they are all the same.

The packaging for the different regions does however differ, so some users want to mark it accordingly.  Back when the interactive figure craze started, some folks would import figures because it was cheaper, so they might actually have some [NA] and [EU] figures.

To be honest though, I don't understand why we have all of the regions thrown together and not separated like all other categories.

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2017, 12:56:56 pm »
The packaging for the different regions does however differ, so some users want to mark it accordingly.

Where is it then?  Is it part of some very small print on the package?  Is there some difference on the characters that can be seen if they have been removed from the package?

To be honest though, I don't understand why we have all of the regions thrown together and not separated like all other categories.

That would be nice since I'm more of a player than a collector per se even though I have quite a collection of 2600 cartridges from back in the day.

kgarrett1969

« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2017, 01:03:34 pm »
The packaging for the different regions does however differ, so some users want to mark it accordingly.

Where is it then?  Is it part of some very small print on the package?  Is there some difference on the characters that can be seen if they have been removed from the package?

That would be nice since I'm more of a player than a collector per se even though I have quite a collection of 2600 cartridges from back in the day.

kgarrett1969
I'm not familiar with the LEGO dimensions packaging, but usually it's something minor.  I think the Nintendo ones will have the French and Spanish names of the characters as well as the English names for the [EU] releases, whereas the [NA] release solely has the English name.

As for the loose figures, I think they are identical across the regions, but I could be wrong, they might have a product code or something that differentiates across regions, but again, I'm unfamiliar with the LEGO dimensions figures.

If you are uncertain, I'd just do whatever region you are in regardless.

« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2017, 09:11:05 pm »
I'm not familiar with the LEGO dimensions packaging, but usually it's something minor.  I think the Nintendo ones will have the French and Spanish names of the characters as well as the English names for the [EU] releases, whereas the [NA] release solely has the English name.

It's pretty much this. The EU versions will have multiple languages on the packaging compared to the American's one. The figures themselves are unchanged.

Across the entire Toys to Life spectrum, there's really been only one instance where the figure itself was different from region to region, and that was the R.O.B. amiibo, who had a different default paint job in Japan compared to US and Europe.