Author Topic: Do the alternative views work for you?  (Read 1197 times)

Do the alternative views work for you?
« on: February 21, 2017, 06:21:21 pm »
Whenever I try to change the view of my collection (normal -> new normal / shelf view) I can't see any changes. Also tried Ctrl+F5 to make sure, it isn't a client side problem.
Are these views non-operational at the moment or did I miss something?

dontay89

Re: Do the alternative views work for you?
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2017, 06:26:26 pm »
You have to logout and then back in for the change to take place.

Shelf View works for me, but I don't know the difference between Normal and New Normal.

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2017, 05:49:49 am »
Thanks, that helped.

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2017, 08:12:48 am »
You have to logout and then back in for the change to take place.

Shelf View works for me, but I don't know the difference between Normal and New Normal.
Yeah, I wasn't aware shelf was rolled out to non-pro members.

But I'll second that notion of not knowing the difference between normal and new normal.

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2017, 03:28:40 pm »
Just a pointer to Jason's comment about the different "views": https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,7706.msg126601.html#msg126601
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2017, 01:59:22 pm »
Awesome! I didn't know this came back again. I've always liked the shelf view better.

But I think it would look even nicer if "virtual shelves" were added. Like this:

A site called Darkadia does this. I used to use them just for that sweet view, but then the site started getting real buggy and it seemed no one was doing anything to fix it. So I stopped using the site.

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2017, 08:40:22 pm »
I continue to get switched back to normal view for unknown reasons.

« Reply #7 on: February 26, 2017, 09:45:19 am »
Another question: Why isn't it possible to enter publisher/developer details when creating a new entry and has the auto-complete in these textboxes become inactive?

fazerco

PRO Supporter

« Reply #8 on: February 26, 2017, 10:22:46 am »
Another question: Why isn't it possible to enter publisher/developer details when creating a new entry and has the auto-complete in these textboxes become inactive?

About that auto-complete, i asked it here https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,7904.0.html when it happend. Not really a response do.

jason

« Reply #9 on: February 26, 2017, 11:42:36 pm »

About that auto-complete, i asked it here https://vgcollect.com/forum/index.php/topic,7904.0.html when it happend. Not really a response do.

Regarding Devs/Pubs: I think it has been that way for a while. Let me add that to my To Do list and research why that is.