Author Topic: Barcode rejected?  (Read 1251 times)

Barcode rejected?
« on: February 25, 2017, 10:00:12 pm »
Ok, why would this edit be rejected? I added the barcode for The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap (EU) straight from my own copy of the game, and it happens to have the same barcode as the US version. Rejection of an edit with no way to contest it and a vague "please see the guide" as reason is really frustrating..

Re: Barcode rejected?
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2017, 10:14:45 pm »
Maybe it's not a legitimate barcode. Maybe you copy isn't legitimate?

« Reply #2 on: February 26, 2017, 06:44:01 am »
My copy is legitimate, complete in box and the barcode is 12 digits long.

« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2017, 08:20:33 am »
Try to edit it one more time.

« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2017, 07:22:48 am »
I want to hijack this thread as a few edits from me were rejected as pictured below, which is kind of surprising as (for example) the complete SNES (EU) and GBA (JP) section is edited the way I tried in this example.

Can you mods probably give a final statement on how to edit re-releases and budget variants? I am fine with whatever you decide but it makes things easier.

The style guideline gives some hints but it leaves the question open whether those release are considered "Games denoting Special Editions, Limited Editions, Box Sets and or Bundles" or "Games with variants to Box Art, Cart Art or Discs".
« Last Edit: March 20, 2017, 10:02:31 am by blurks »

tripredacus

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2017, 10:35:37 am »
Yes they should be using - and not ()
And if you change both, make them the same.

When I do these, ones I just use "White Label" instead of "The White Label due to how it is like on this entry:
https://vgcollect.com/item/106738

Does it actually say "The White Label" on the logo itself?

« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2017, 11:29:28 am »
Does it actually say "The White Label" on the logo itself?

Older version of the "White Label" release actually say "The White Label" on both the logo and the box (i don't own Dreamweb but i have The 7th Guest from the same edition in my collection and both the logo on the bottom left side and the edition title on the right side say "The White Label"), there is other version that also say "The White Label" on the box like these two. Most recent release of the White Label edition now only say "White Label" on both the logo and the box (i scanned this one just for exemple).

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2017, 12:34:52 pm »
Like metshael said, there were different versions and I usually take the front cover's spelling as the decisive element in how I edit stuff.

tripredacus

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2017, 01:23:18 pm »
Put it as it is on the box. Thanks for the info.