Author Topic: Favorite Dragon in video games?  (Read 3705 times)

Favorite Dragon in video games?
« on: March 26, 2017, 12:34:59 am »
I was thinking of all the epic monsters we face in video games and dragons seem to be some of the most savagely epic encounters.  Dragons are almost like the girl scout cookies of video games.  They are a scared tradition amongst gamers and we all have our favorites.  A good dragon can often times be a good game. :)

Thier have been plenty of amazing dragons in video games throughout the years, from more child friendly ones like Spyro to some menacing mountain sized Skyrim style, soul hungry beasts ready to devour your existence. :)

Among all the dragons you have slayed or befriended in your gaming life,  which is your all time favorite?  :D

Mine is Draggadon 

Draggadon is epic  ;D. He is a big red lava dwelling dragon that wants nothing more but to kill toad in a giant lava pit and ingest his soul. He looks very intimidating but doesn't have to over compensate to get there. He is simple and refined yet still quite menacing and cool.  He sits there in his lava pit giving dirty looks,  he doesn't push his epicness on everyone.  He has that casual confidence that makes him more cool than other dragons that try too hard and scream and rip houses down and such.  He is more reserved and minds his own business but can handle his business when the time comes.

He is colorful and has a nice artistic design. I love how the scales look almost pearlescent and how they look in the lighting of the game. He borders on cartoon style child friendly dragons from childhood that are colorful and lack proportionate mythical realism that are typically friendly but also has the flare of a dragon that is mean and defensive.  Easily angered.  He looks mean but is still colorful and has pizzazz and he is just a amazing character to me.  I like the balance.  One of my favorite bosses from last gen. :).   

Which dragon do you like best?  :)
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 12:42:49 am by marvelvscapcom2 »

indenton

Re: Favorite Dragon in video games?
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 09:57:16 am »
I dunno , there are a lot of Dragon Pokemon, but instead I'mm gonna pick these guys:

azure

« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 10:40:06 am »
The Dragon of Dojima

« Reply #3 on: March 26, 2017, 11:08:21 am »
Spyro! A childhood classic of mine

Since I started Drakan: The Anicent Gates though I'm also taking a liking to Arokh. I like his voice lol

kashell

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2017, 12:00:53 pm »
The Dragon of Dojima

I know he's not a real life person but goddamn that is a sexy picture. Ink = <3

Anyways, my favorite dragon is Ryu's Kaiser Dragon form in Breath of Fire III.

hexen

« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2017, 02:08:05 pm »
Favorite dragon? Pshhh... there are just so many dragons to chose from! Here is, instead...

Hexen's Top 10 Favorite Dragons in Video Games!

Plz liek, subcribe, re-tweet, digg, re-blog, favorite, 5 star, upvote, bump, and donate to my patreon!

Charizard from Pokemon

Screw you, Greg. Charizard is so a dragon.

My 10th favorite Dragon is Charizard from Pokemon. Despite what that dumbass Greg will tell you, Charizard is a dragon. I mean look at it! It has wings and it flys around and it looks like a dragon! So what if it isn't a dragon type, Greg? That doesn't mean it isn't one! Look, my dad works for Nintendo and he told me that Charizard is a dragon! Greg's dad doesn't work for Nintendo, he's like a janitor or something, probably. So, Charizard is an awesome dragon! Suck it Greg. My dad says that there was a mistake and the accidentally mistyped Charizard with Guzzlord. Guzzlord is supposed to be Dark/Flying, and Charizard Fire/Dragon. It was a glitch in the programming, so I'm right even officially. And you wonder why Greg only has 15,000 more subscribers then me.

Bob from Bubble Bobble

Bob is clearly the better one.

There are two dragons in Bubble Bobble that you can play as in multiplayer, but Bob is superior. Whenever me and my brother Phillip got the game I wanted to be be Bub, but he said he was older so he should get to. It's fine though. I didn't even want to be Bub anyways. I went and told my mom that Phillip wouldn't let me be Bub and she said they didn't seem to be any different and I told her that green was my favorite color, but she said I used to always say it was red and I left because she is always on Phillip's side. Phillip always gets all the bonus points before I can and it's no fair because Bub is faster I think. When we got to the last level Super Drunk threw a bottle and killed him and that's what he gets! Super Drunk reminds me of my dad.

Bahamut Zero from Final Fantasy VII

Bahamut Zero from FFVII is the best of all the Bahamuts because it has all the great taste of original Bahamut, with none of the calories.

Theralion from World of Warcraft

Pictured here with his twin sister. Which is which?
Don't assume genders, bigot.

Theralion was an important step to LGBTQ rights, as the first openly homosexual dragon in all of Azeroth. Just listen to his interview on Late Night with Anduin Wrynn to hear about his struggles coming to terms with himself. Sadly, bigotry knows no bounds and spread to the land of fantasy just the same. After Blizzard sent him to an awful pray-the-gay-away camp he was a completely different dragon. Remember to boycott Blizzard because they are literally Hitler, and almost Trump. I, like Playtonic Games, support diversity in all it's forms. #BlackLivesMatter #DumpDrumpf #KillAllWhiteMen

Crystal Dragon from King's Quest VII

I wish I had those rubies, lol

The crystal dragon from KQVII is really cool. When I first saw it and it was all 3D and stuff I couldn't believe my eyes. He is also a super chill guy, and he pays you a big ass ruby for bringing him a lantern and counseling him despite the fact you never got a degree in emotional therapy. He might be higher on the list, but later you gotta get a scale from him and he was asleep and he kept squishing me. I had to have Phillip tell me what to do and he kept making fun of me.

Deathwing from Hearthstone

12/12 is like the strongest one!

One time I used my dad's credit card to buy some packs in Hearthstone while he was doing his impression of Super Drunk from Bubble Bobble and I got this card! It's the rarest card I own and it's so strong! I also have a dragon who is like a 3/2 for comparison. I knew that with this card I would win probably every time, because having cards doesn't matter when you have such a big guy! I kept trying to play but I never get to play him because the mean looking orc keeps killing me before I can even get enough mana with pirates. I think they are cheating, how do I contact Blizzard?

Spyro from Skylanders

Art not by me.

One time I got Skylanders and it came with Spyro and I thought he was a cool dragon, he could fly and breath fire and everything. I wanted to draw some fanart, but everytime I go to deviantart everyone else draws him either really fat or inside someone's stomach. I don't know if it's because he gets really fat in a later game (I only have the first one) but I don't think he'd be so easil eaten. Is it something that happens in a later game? Please help.

Ender Dragon from Minecraft

I'm gonna get to him one day!

I was watching TheDiamondMinecraft LPing Minecraft and he did a bunch of stuff and he got to a place where he fought a giant dragon! It was so awesome! I made a Minecraft channel too (plz subscribe). I do a lot of things like building houses and screaming when I get scared of Creepers and I don't understand why I only have 11 subscribers when TheDiamondMinecraft has 14 million. Is it because I didn't fight the Ender Dragon? I'm going to soon though once I figure out how! Subscribe to me on Twitch too after I get a new computer (I'm using the one at the library now, some trolls on Twitch tricked me into pouting butter on my old computer).

#1 Dragon is coming soon on my YouTube channel! Make sure you subscribe to not miss it!
« Last Edit: March 26, 2017, 02:10:02 pm by hexen »
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

kashell

« Reply #6 on: March 27, 2017, 09:35:14 am »
Hexen: never change. Your posts are amazing.

telly

« Reply #7 on: March 27, 2017, 10:38:24 am »
My favorite dragon has to be Alolan Exeggutor. According to Pokemon logic it's more of a dragon than Charizard and Gyarados  8)
Currently Playing:
3D Dot Game Heroes (PS3) Mega Man Battle Network 5: Team Protoman (Switch)

My music collection | My Backloggery

doafan

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2017, 12:22:52 pm »
Can't pick one so decided to put two or should I say Double  ;D

I don't want to be horny anymore, I just want to be happy

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2017, 12:39:33 pm »
Tiki from Fire Emblem Awakening
« Last Edit: March 28, 2017, 08:16:51 pm by redblaze57 »

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2017, 12:45:34 pm »

tripredacus

« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2017, 11:45:45 am »
Best Dova Paarthurnax ^_^

burningdoom

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2017, 01:04:40 pm »

realpoketendonl

« Reply #13 on: March 28, 2017, 06:46:31 pm »
Not sure whether he counts as a dragon, but I'll take any opportunity to promote my little pet :3
Huge Nintendo fan and hobbyist Nintendo collector.

Schoolboy

« Reply #14 on: May 10, 2017, 02:41:15 pm »
Love this post. My all time favorite video game character just so happens to be a dragon...