Author Topic: Do you put your game discs inside a disc wallet?  (Read 4633 times)

Re: Do you put your game discs inside a disc wallet?
« Reply #30 on: November 19, 2017, 08:04:18 pm »

If you were just to keep your discs in a normal enviroment disc rot should not be a problem at all.

I have CD's I've had since the late 80's, which spent the better part of the 90's in giant CD wallets/books, and I've never had a single one with disc rot. Of course, they are stored indoors. In fact, the only time I've ever even seen disc rot was with a game I bought at Gamestop last year (Which I promptly returned)

« Reply #31 on: November 19, 2017, 09:36:11 pm »

If you were just to keep your discs in a normal enviroment disc rot should not be a problem at all.

I have CD's I've had since the late 80's, which spent the better part of the 90's in giant CD wallets/books, and I've never had a single one with disc rot. Of course, they are stored indoors. In fact, the only time I've ever even seen disc rot was with a game I bought at Gamestop last year (Which I promptly returned)

Gamestop has been going downhill for years now. The times it was the hottest was during the PlayStation 2 era of gaming, also known as the the 6th console generation in which at that time they sold generation 5 games a well from 2000 till I think 2007
« Last Edit: November 19, 2017, 09:38:25 pm by oldgamerz »
updated on 5-14-2024 5:30AM (EST)
MY RADIO STAION (Licensed but not a business)
(JUST INTERNET CONNECTION REQUIRED)
NO APPS NEEDED
64k stream ACC format sound meaning

Clearer Sound Quality for Half the internet data Usage
over 28,000 song playlist and 100 automated DJ talk and history lesions "commercial free" "No subscription needed"

https://nap.casthost.net:2199/start/Justinangelradio/

(requires Google Chrome or Firefox Edge does not work with this link but other links exist)

ffxik

« Reply #32 on: November 23, 2017, 12:55:45 am »
Negative.  I used to, I also used to keep my audio cds in one.  After a while I noticed my audio cds had wear on the backs and some where the pages had rubbed together had taken the paint/label right off.  After inspecting my game discs they too had noticeable wear on the backside but luckily I didn't use that wallet as much as I did my audio cds.  So I managed to get by with only having to replace a few game discs rather than half of my 400ct wallet of audio cds. 

I swore off of them at that point and encourage others to do the same.