Author Topic: Things in gaming that most people love but you hate?  (Read 2008 times)

Things in gaming that most people love but you hate?
« on: April 11, 2017, 09:00:14 pm »
Are their any gaming icons that you dislike or never cared for that are critically acclaimed and loved by all your friends? :)

Here are some of mine. :D

1. Goo Gone  ( It Leaves a greasy slimy film on games and makes them smell like they were smashed with oranges which i assume is a pro for most but to me it ruins to smell of the game, it also runs easy and can damage cardboard, labels and other materials.  it stains and it's overall overated imo. i prefer elbow greese and a water/alcholhol mixture)

2. Orcarina Of Time  (I know it is one of the most beloved games ever made but i prefer WindWaker :) )

3. Sega Genesis Controller  (for some reason it always hurt me and i always prefered SNES controller :D)

What are some of the gaming phenomenon that you never seemed to attatch to?  :)

hexen

Re: Things in gaming that most people love but you hate?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2017, 09:30:52 pm »
1. The Witcher 3. Not even as good as Two Worlds, not even close to Bethesda open-world games (or Breath of the Wild). It may have the best story, but I can't stomach the combat to experience it.

2. Digital copies. It's a bit less pronounced here on a site devoted to collecting physical object, but I hate the fact more games are forgoing a physical release because the 'convenience'. I hate paying when I get nothing physical. Most people love Steam, but I make a Fry squint at it and say "Not sure if convenient, or DRM".

3. Consoles. Again, this is starting to fade as a popular opinion, but their entire purpose was annihilated when they just became crappy PCs. All the Xbox Vs. Playstation fanboy arguments you find all over the internet are proof that a lot of people still think consoles are worth anything.

1. Goo Gone  ( It Leaves a greasy slimy film on games and makes them smell like they were smashed with oranges which i assume is a pro for most but to me it ruins to smell of the game, it also runs easy and can damage cardboard, labels and other materials.  it stains and it's overall overated imo. i prefer elbow greese and a water/alcholhol mixture)

I've never used it myself. Besides alcohol which works for most thinks, and the old hair dryer is amazing at melting a lot of sticky residue.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 09:33:26 pm by hexen »
Take a spin, now you're in with the techno set! You're going surfing on the internet!

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2017, 11:00:48 pm »
1. Windwaker - As a Zelda fan, and after I beat the HD version, I don't think this is a particularly good game.  Visuals are interesting, but this is a straight up boring and tedious game.  Traveling by boat is terrible (The HD version even has the speedier traveling) and I didn't like a lot of the dungeon designs.  For the 3D Zelda's, it ranks just above Skyward Sword for me, which is at the bottom.

2. Gamecube Controller - People go nuts for this, but I don't think it's very good.  I think it's awkward in its design and that there are much better controllers.

1. The Witcher 3. Not even as good as Two Worlds, not even close to Bethesda open-world games (or Breath of the Wild). It may have the best story, but I can't stomach the combat to experience it.

I managed to beat the game, but there was a point where I was becoming more annoyed with the combat and basically forced myself to finish the game because of how terrible it is...but come on, Two Worlds is massive pile of garbage lol Me and a buddy rented it, played for like 20 minutes, realized what a mistake we made, and took it back.  Really bummed I can't enjoy Witcher 3 though, everything else about it is pretty great and I would like to get the DLC, but it's not worth it if its not fun to play.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2017, 11:02:22 pm by kamikazekeeg »

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2017, 01:36:54 am »
Playstation controllers.

I can't see how people think they're the pinnacle of controller evolution. The shoulder buttons suck, the sticks are floaty and uncomfortably placed, and it fits so uncomfortably in my hands that they cramp up after 15-20 minutes or so.

thewelshman

« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2017, 01:54:57 am »
1. Love for overly difficult games. While I don't mind games that offer different levels of difficulty, I dislike how people rate a game on how hard it is. I tend to play a game on the normal setting the first playthrough to enjoy the storyline (in the event there is one) and then look to reply it at a harder level (see Gears of War, Trails of Cold Steel 1&2, Akiba's Trip, etc.)

2. Hating on the PS Vita. Okay, I play mostly JRPGs and the Vita is loaded with them, but I always laugh when a person's main argument is that the handheld has no games for it. I tell them to ignore GameStop and do a little research. It's a very versatile device that has tons of games for it, not to mention loads of old PSP/PS1 downloads to be had. For some reason people love to target this wonderful device.

3. Anything Call of Duty past Call of Duty 2. I just don't get the appeal of endless number of releases that appear to mostly be the same. I guess the same could be said for most game genres, but my son loves these games and they all have the exact same feel to them. I play them so we can bond and share memories together, but the entire time I'm wishing he liked other games. He's only 8, so there's still hope he will like the games I'm into. If not, that's his choice. I see them as the FPS version of Madden. Every year a new one is released, but the only thing different is the roster and the graphics are slightly better.

kashell

« Reply #5 on: April 12, 2017, 08:09:11 am »
I wouldn't say "hate" but I will say I don't like the following:

The Zelda franchise
The Call of Duty franchise
The Halo franchise
Anything Madden, NHL, NFL, NCCADLKJF, and any other acronym I'm missing that has to do with sportsball.
The Game Cube controller
99% all things Xbox related

« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 09:08:21 am by kashell »

« Reply #6 on: April 12, 2017, 09:21:16 am »
1.  I like to keep stickers from game stores as it adds more history to the game.
2.  This will be contoversial but I think that zelda is extremely overrated
3.  Buying games anywhere near full price seems pretty pointless.

guilty0fbeing

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2017, 09:30:24 am »
1. Digital Games -- I don't need to explain this.

2. GBA SP -- I find it hard to play on, even with small hands.

3. Playing with the 3D off on the 3DS.

4. Wii Motion Control -- I'd rather sit down and be fat.

5. Multiplayer -- I just can't do it anymore.

indenton

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2017, 09:57:09 am »
You know Marv, you've really outdone yourself with this thread post. 

That thing that you hold near and dear, I hate that

ferraroso

« Reply #9 on: April 12, 2017, 10:05:41 am »
The Last of Us.

azure

« Reply #10 on: April 12, 2017, 10:20:42 am »
Zelda franchise, definitely Zelda.

shepard11

« Reply #11 on: April 12, 2017, 10:47:45 am »
For me it's Halo and all it's games. I have friends that swear by them and every time I play them I rather be playing Doom on my old pc than play any of those games. Seriously Halo is just Legend of Zelda in space. Hero wears green on a never ending quest to save his girlfriend.

redblaze57

PRO Supporter

« Reply #12 on: April 12, 2017, 11:15:59 am »
I Hate in game chat. Yeah it's fine when you're chatting with friends or you get the 1 in a million group of people who are playing for fun... but most of the time it falls into 3 categories; no one's talking, the 12 year old trying to sound badass, or the racist fuck who claims to be trolling

aliensstudios

« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2017, 11:54:32 am »
The Sega Saturn controller-
No matter which version of the controller I think it's just plain mediocre, it's small, the d-pad sucks and the buttons are too mushy. No controller is perfect but I think the Saturn's gamepad is just the most overrated controller out there right now.
"I collect vidya games and vidya game accessories, I tell you what."

« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2017, 12:25:10 pm »
The Sega Saturn controller-
No matter which version of the controller I think it's just plain mediocre, it's small, the d-pad sucks and the buttons are too mushy. No controller is perfect but I think the Saturn's gamepad is just the most overrated controller out there right now.
I don't think many people liked the Saturn controller