Author Topic: NES game variant discovery  (Read 2770 times)

scott

Re: NES game variant discovery
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2012, 04:32:27 pm »
And heh. Be grateful you don't live in Europe, where they had to deal with NES region locking...

I think we can all agree, Region Locking is the devil.
Now Playing: Persona 5 Scramble, Animal Crossing: New Horizons, Mario Kart 8

Brush Wizard - Mini Painting Blog | The SHMUP: BYOAC Build | Art Thread

jobocan

« Reply #16 on: March 22, 2012, 04:52:24 pm »
And heh. Be grateful you don't live in Europe, where they had to deal with NES region locking...

I think we can all agree, Region Locking is the devil.

The NES in Europe was pretty crazy in this regards though, with region locking of NES games within Europe, with PAL A and PAL B games. From what I've read, PAL A was UK and Italy, while PAL B was most of the rest of Europe... or something like that, I'm not completely familiar with it. Turns out PAL A only got around 300 games, so you had to either buy a PAL B NES or Toploader (or mod your NES) to play PAL B games that weren't release in PAL A format.

tpugmire

« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2012, 11:05:27 am »
Sorry to keep going on about this, but I think I found another variant to Bases Loaded.  This is what I've seen so far: 

Orange Logo / Round Seal - Box and Cart
Orange Logo / Oval Seal - Box
Blue Logo / Oval Seal - Cart

I've created listings for all three, but I'm thinking that the Blue Logo / Oval Seal Cart might have come in the Orange Logo / Oval Seal Box, since I can't find any images of a Blue Logo / Oval Seal Box, or a Orange Logo / Oval Seal Cart?
This message was brought to you by Tootsie Rolls, the official candy of vgcollect.com