Author Topic: Request - Screenshots and Covers  (Read 968 times)

Request - Screenshots and Covers
« on: April 27, 2017, 03:54:46 pm »
Possiblity to add  screenshots to every game would be nice :)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2017, 03:56:38 pm by whitetrue »

Re: Request - Screenshots and Covers
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2017, 06:34:09 am »
I believe you can.
I added a front and back cover to Goonies 2 for the NES and it was accepted.

Agozer

« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2017, 08:34:40 am »
I think whitetrue means actual in-game screenshots.

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2017, 09:04:03 am »
I also think whitetrue means the ability to add several covers and screenshots to one game.
The site´s main purpose is the collecting aspect of gaming, to highlight the differences between the versions of a game and to show
the collections of the members as exact as possible. If you got an different cover for a game that is not already in the database, you make a new entry and upload the picture.
To add screenshots for games would only make sense, in my opinion, when it shows a version difference thats not already visible on the cover or package.

desocietas

« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2017, 11:21:20 am »
I also think whitetrue means the ability to add several covers and screenshots to one game.
The site´s main purpose is the collecting aspect of gaming, to highlight the differences between the versions of a game and to show
the collections of the members as exact as possible. If you got an different cover for a game that is not already in the database, you make a new entry and upload the picture.
To add screenshots for games would only make sense, in my opinion, when it shows a version difference thats not already visible on the cover or package.

Does that happen often? I think I recall something about how a title screen might look different for a certain variant (publisher variant maybe?).
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2017, 11:58:13 am »

But, it would also make browsing games a lot more fun if you could see a screenshot from in-game :)

tripredacus

« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2017, 12:13:47 pm »
Does that happen often? I think I recall something about how a title screen might look different for a certain variant (publisher variant maybe?).

For some systems, the title screen shown is determined on which console a cart is used in. Two examples of systems that will do this: Neo Geo AES and Sega Game Gear.

If we are to add screenshots for game entries, it should only be done so that we can put in title screenshots. And the ability to select how many titles a specific game has (to take care of the region issue) and have one for each. Using a title screenshot can be helpful to determine game code variations that do exist, while the item and packaging is the same.

But since this is a database of actual items, I do not think it is needed to get carried away with putting all sorts of screenshots onto a game entry. There are other websites for that type of thing.