Author Topic: May 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased  (Read 9351 times)

azure

Re: May 2017 - Recently Added to Collection/Recently Purchased
« Reply #15 on: May 08, 2017, 03:31:37 pm »

Anyone know how you acquired this ToL art book, was it a pre-order bonus or something?

desocietas

« Reply #16 on: May 08, 2017, 04:49:52 pm »

Anyone know how you acquired this ToL art book, was it a pre-order bonus or something?

Looks like it may have been a pre-order bonus for the game at Gamestop/EB perhaps. Available still for not too expensive on eBay/Amazon, looks like.
Currently playing:
FFXIV (PC), The Witcher (PC), Monster Hunter World: Iceborne (PS4)
twitch.tv/desocietas

« Reply #17 on: May 08, 2017, 11:32:36 pm »
Just a small little group this time:

DS:
Santa Claus is Coming to Town

360:
Call of Juarez (JPN)
U Draw: Pictionary
U Draw: Marvel Superhero Squad: Comic Combat
Now I've got all the U Draw stuff for the system. 519 titles remain.

kevininja

« Reply #18 on: May 09, 2017, 10:07:18 am »
I also got a Wii pistol accessory, only to find out it isn't compatible with a regular Wii Mote, that you need a certain Nyko Wii Mote for the trigger to respond properly. Stupid. I've had my eye out for one of these for a while, since the Official Nintendo Wii Zapper is a monster. Oh well, at least I got it at GameStop, so easy return.

Oh wow, that's just fucking stupid. An accessory for a 3rd Party Wii Mote.  :-\

« Reply #19 on: May 09, 2017, 11:54:19 am »
Had a pretty good haul this past weekend:

Xbox:
Flatout- $1.89
Midtown Madness 3- $0.99
IHRA Professional Drag Racing 2005 (New)- $3.98

Playstation 2:
Monster Jam- $2.79
Nicktoons: Unite- $1.89
Conflict Desert Storm II: Back to Bagdad- $1.89
The Golden Compass- $1.89
Dark Cloud 2- $1.89
Baldur's Gate: Dark Alliance- $3.97
Controller Extension- $1.89
Gameshark Multi-tap- 2.79
Spongebob Squarepants Controller- $2.49

SNES:
Monopoly- $2.79

Xbox 360:
The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles Expansion- $1.89

Wii:
Pac-Man Party- $3.69
Wii Zapper- $1.89

PS3:
Grand Theft Auto V- $1.89
Wireless sensor bar for Cabela Rifle- $1.49

Saturn:
Super Pad 8- $1.49

Soundtrack:
Kingdom Hearts II- $0.99

Guide:
Minecraft Essentials Handbook- $0.99

spac316

« Reply #20 on: May 09, 2017, 03:51:42 pm »
Got Titan Fall 2 for XBox One from Gamefly the other day. Had a $5 off coupon I had to use so I got the game for $23.

Other than that, I don't have big plans to hunt for many games this month as I plan to save money for the Seattle Retro Gaming Expo next month.

« Reply #21 on: May 09, 2017, 09:14:14 pm »

My NR Reader came in today. Complete in box too!

« Reply #22 on: May 10, 2017, 06:23:41 pm »
Goodwill finds for the past week:
Bases Loaded 2 NES loose 1.5$
Mary Kate and Ashley Pocket Planner GBC loose .5$
Sabrina the animated Series GBC loose .5$
Dance Dance Revolution SuperNova PS2 cib 1.5$
Dogz GBA loose .5$
ESPN College Hoops 2K5 Xbox .5$
Fifa 06 Xbox cib .5$
Kelly Slater's Pro Surfer Xbox cib .5$
NHL Rivals 2004 Xbox cib .5$
Need For Speed Most Wanted Gamecube loose 1$
Need For Speed Underground 1 Gamecube 2$
Need For Speed Underground 2 Gamecube cib 1$
Ocean Commander Wii 1$
Your Shape Wii sealed 1.5$

shepard11

« Reply #23 on: May 11, 2017, 05:15:38 pm »
Went to Gamestop today (where I've been finding a lot of my Wii finds lately)

NDS:
My Stop Smoking Coach (loose for a buck didn't know this thing was a thing)

amiibo:
Wario - Super Mario

PSVita:
Little Deviants

Wii:
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Samba de Amigo

soera

« Reply #24 on: May 11, 2017, 09:05:09 pm »
Well, today was a weird day for my collection. I made a pretty big deal for the end of my higher dollar NES carts so today I took what was left (about 300 commons) and traded them to a local store. When all was said and done, I got a cool grand worth of trade value at the store. While they were looking and evaluating the games, I found something that I never thought I would see together. All 7 dotHack games complete in one set. I left the store with them. :)

Since I had to remove so many games from my collection, I went and cleaned up my whole collection on here. It seems so much smaller number wise obviously but there is a freeing sense too!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2017, 09:11:10 pm by soera »

« Reply #25 on: May 12, 2017, 01:44:56 am »
Well, today was a weird day for my collection. I made a pretty big deal for the end of my higher dollar NES carts so today I took what was left (about 300 commons) and traded them to a local store. When all was said and done, I got a cool grand worth of trade value at the store. While they were looking and evaluating the games, I found something that I never thought I would see together. All 7 dotHack games complete in one set. I left the store with them. :)

Since I had to remove so many games from my collection, I went and cleaned up my whole collection on here. It seems so much smaller number wise obviously but there is a freeing sense too!

I had to sell a substantial chunk of my collection back in January to fund a family medical emergency. My collection link in my sig is not accurate at all (probably at around 1750 games now). But I understand where you are coming from about it being freeing. I no longer feel the need to continually grow my collection, but instead have been focused more on playing the games in my collection more, as well as getting rid of filler I know I'll probably never play.

Am I still a collector? Yes. But am I going to buy all kinds of games I don't have already just to increase my game count? No.

sworddude

« Reply #26 on: May 12, 2017, 11:37:14 am »

I had to sell a substantial chunk of my collection back in January to fund a family medical emergency. My collection link in my sig is not accurate at all (probably at around 1750 games now). But I understand where you are coming from about it being freeing. I no longer feel the need to continually grow my collection, but instead have been focused more on playing the games in my collection more, as well as getting rid of filler I know I'll probably never play.

Am I still a collector? Yes. But am I going to buy all kinds of games I don't have already just to increase my game count? No.

That's sad to hear, Usually emergency sales result in allot lower than market value or high ticket sought after items gone from the collection wich are fun to play.

Good for the buyer, not so great for the seller.

Your Stylish Sword Master!

« Reply #27 on: May 12, 2017, 01:00:19 pm »

That's sad to hear, Usually emergency sales result in allot lower than market value or high ticket sought after items gone from the collection wich are fun to play.

I sold them all at their current going prices. I didn't lose any money as far as I can tell. I had about a 2-month window to pay for the medical expenses so it gave me plenty of time to come up with about $1500 I needed.

sworddude

« Reply #28 on: May 12, 2017, 02:39:03 pm »

I sold them all at their current going prices. I didn't lose any money as far as I can tell. I had about a 2-month window to pay for the medical expenses so it gave me plenty of time to come up with about $1500 I needed.

with 2 months you should have plenty of time indeed, I've seen allot of other situations with shorter amounts of time.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2017, 02:46:50 pm by sworddude »
Your Stylish Sword Master!

shepard11

« Reply #29 on: May 12, 2017, 07:58:16 pm »
My ebay package came in early today. Ended up getting a factory sealed copy of

DC:
Coaster Works

Only 130 more titles to complete my collection...again. Suppose to go to a flea market tomorrow maybe I'll luck out and find some more goodies wish me luck.

It's Saturday and did a little bit of yard saling and normal haunts didn't find much today but pretty happy with what I got.

GBA:
Mario Kart Super Circuit

Gamecube:
Mario Party 6
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 3

PS1:
NCAA Football 2000

PS2:
Ratchet & Clank Going Commando Greatest Hits
« Last Edit: May 13, 2017, 12:19:53 pm by shepard11 »